THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU
The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -

Satyr.

Mitra-Sauwelios
    Admin

Satyr.

Post by Mitra-Sauwelios on Wed May 16, 2018 3:35 pm

http://pathos-of-distance.forumotion.com/t106-bin-laden-and-the-death-of-grunge#1566

I've decided not to restrict Satyr to the Hole. He's indicated in the past that that's tantamount to a permaban for him. The Hole will just be for troll threads that have come to my notice. Satyr's next ban will be a week, the one after that a fortnight, then a month, etc. etc. Or maybe, just maybe, there won't be a next ban!

lol!

"The will to power takes the place which the eros--the striving for 'the good in itself'--occupies in Plato's thought. But the eros is not 'the pure mind' (der reine Geist). Whatever may be the relation between the eros and the pure mind according to Plato, in Nietzsche's thought the will to power takes the place of both eros and the pure mind. Accordingly philosophizing becomes a mode or modification of the will to power: it is the most spiritual (der geistigste) will to power; it consists in prescribing to nature what or how it ought to be (aph. 9); it is not love of the true that is independent of will or decision. Whereas according to Plato, the pure mind grasps the truth, according to Nietzsche the impure mind, or a certain kind of impure mind, is the sole source of truth." (Leo Strauss, Studies in Platonic Political Philosophy, "Note on the Plan of Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil".)
    Satyr

Re: Satyr.

Post by Satyr on Thu May 17, 2018 3:50 pm

Ouch!!!
    What a laugh you must be having at my expense.
    You'll have me walking on egg shells, afraid of your 'kingly' Damocles sword, hovering over me, before you are done....master-baiter.
    Tippy-toeing around your man-child, delicate, ego.

I'm looking forward to your next assertion of your private will to power.

Current date/time is Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:53 pm