The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU
The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -


    Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Share

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:57 am

    intrinsic racism is the claim that specific races possess undesirable physical characteristics. for instance, the gene that only blacks possess that gives them sickle cell anemia. or, at an aesthetic level, features almost exclusive to a race that are considered unappealing.

    extrinsic racism is the claim that certain behaviors are undesirable. for instance, black people might be thought of as lazy, or aggressive, or braggadocious.

    concerning the first form of racism, it must be first understood that a 'race' is a collection and combination of genes, not an entity that exists independently of that. and that being the case, because phenotypes can change, genotype can change as well... so that the total collection of genes is a new complete set. so then to be an intrinsic racist is to be someone who doesn't like specific genes, not specific 'people'... because there are no people, only slowly evolving and changing sets of genes.

    concerning the second form, because some behavior can be conditioned, the environment would be to blame for the specific behaviors that are exhibited by those who are undesirable, and not the genes.

    my point here is that each one of these problems can be taken care of by manipulating and controling genes and environments.

    genetic change can occur either through direct natural selection or indirect, artificial selection... though the latter is really a form of the former, too. let's say that white people hate black people. however that hate is expressed will be a manifestation of natural and artificial selection, at work, and the tendency would then be to lower the level of symbiosis between the two races. taken to its logical extreme, if the two races were to isolate themselves, there would eventually come a time where they would compete for resources and space, and would then either mix, subordinate the other, or become subordinate to the other.

    on the other hand, if they mix instead of isolate, natural selection would in theory eliminate the undesirable genes through successive generations. but what about the behaviors? well, it has to be determined whether or not some behaviors are inherent to some genes and can't be conditioned by enviroment. this matter gets a little complicated.

    say you have a brain that produces low levels of seratonin. the person with this brain might be more inclined to be aggressive. HOWEVER, behavioral conditioning can cause that defect to go unnoticed, and the person can learn to behave less aggressively. the part of the brain that is responsible for recognizing rewards that follow certain behaviors, will overpower or neutralize the defect, and the person behaves better so long as the rewards and consequences remain consistent, despite his low levels of seratonin.

    that being the case, even defective genes are not really a problem for the extrinsic racist.

    really, both forms of racism are irrational... or at least premature.  

    if both genes and environment can be controlled, why is there still a problem?

    oh, i know. the world isn't ready to embrace this fact.

    slower traffic keep right, then... because i can't drive fifty-five.

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:34 am

    Fixed Cross wrote:Jews are 15 IQ points higher on the scale, in general. It's evolution.

    is that score because they practice judaism or because they're a sub-racial category of the caucasian genotype that tends to have higher IQs? i ask because 'jewish' isn't a race, it's an ethnicity.

    i'm assuming you are aware of the three root-races that anthropologists agree on?

    caucasoid, mongoloid and negroid.

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:13 pm

    the post-structural stage of deconstructionism is thought to be a great danger to philosophy, and its arrival marked a precarious moment in history. i don't necessarily consider deconstructionism to be hostile toward philosophy (text), as many deconstructionists might claim, in the way that they claim it is. its contention is that philosophical text is laden with irreducible complexity and externally inconsistent deference- words reference and signify other words- producing a kind of untouchable text on account of the aporias present everywhere throughout it.

    but was philosophy anything other than that, in the first place? aren't these deconstructionists a little late on the scene?

    there are some disagreements about this, but these disagreements can be disregarded. philosophy is what happens when philology, poetry, and the language of natural science intersect and form a language game that would be like 'twister' if words could play games. there can be no rigid separation of these. as a result, an amorphous body of text emerges that possesses characteristics of all three fields. the problem is not deriving knowledge and understanding of specific, individual concepts therein, but rather connecting all the parts to form an impenetrable and internally coherent body of language that is resistant to deconstructive analysis.

    that being said, i still don't think anything is lost because of this fact. i actually think something is gained from it, namely, a freedom of space in which rhizomatic life is given to the text.

    what does this mean. it means the moment your thoughts touch the paper, they are no longer yours. and, being that this fact must also hold for the intersubjective field from which you, yourself, learned your language, you lose nothing when someone takes possession of your thoughts (text) because they weren't yours to begin with.

    'there is nothing outside of the text!' a clever irony or a play of words? there is only the text, or the text refers to nothing? i'll let the deconstructionists contemplate that one.

    but the only fact that is resistant to the post-structural, deconstructionist assault on text is the reality of the triangulation of language- the object, and two (or more) communicators. deconstructionists cannot touch this, because to do so would be to employ this triangulation in doing so. a deconstructionist is no less of an obscurantist than a philosopher is... but at least a philosopher has a good conscience; if he speaks nonsense, he does so with innocence and passion. but the deconstructionist proceeds with suspicion and rancor and is already off on the wrong foot. he's a kind of philosophical 'pale criminal', to borrow from N.

    anyway, i had always thought the ambiguity of philosophical language was a given, but at the same time i never thought the task of philosophy was to impart clarity and certainty. that's a lie. i did a long time ago but those days are over. but with a major shift in my perspective of philosophy came a major shift in what i believed its function to be... incidentally, not a function that is jeopardized by its ambiguity.

    i concede that we cannot put philosophy into a straight-jacket, as much as i'd like to. i've come to terms with this.

    so i'm good.



    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:22 pm

    i'm working on a project i call heuristic neurographic linguistic topographication. what i am going to prove one day is that 'meaning' has nothing to do with what is in the world, but what is happening in the head. i'm going to be able to produce a one-dimensional schematic model of the neural networking that occurs when we think/speak/write, such that a case of perceived meaningfulness will be represented as a diagram of action potentials, complex binary functions and logic gate-controls.

    so when you say 'that cat is on the mat', i'll show you why you think that is meaningful, with a big-ass chart.

    i'll be able to show you the two-tier analogical formating that separates your understanding of meaningful and meaningless statements as well as true and false statements.

    i'll need some funding first to buy the stuff i need to do this. so if anyone wants to contribute, let me know. i'm pioneering a new field, and this is cutting edge science, folks. just keep that in mind.

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:08 am

    those who cannot understand there is no equality, and that cooperation between people with different talents and strengths, who recognize and accept their relative place of rank in a group, is the only kind of conflict-free socialization possible, cannot have pride, only hubris. in their case i don't equate excessive pride with hubris, because they can't have pride. they are capable of vainity, but not pride.

    because pride is not only recognizing one's talents and strengths and being proud of them, but also recognizing other's talents and strengths and feeling honored to be among those who have them. in this way one has pride also in one's shortcomings; pride in being able to take one's place as both a teacher and a student, a leader and a follower, a master and an apprentice, etc., according to their relative talents and strengths.

    because everyone, despite their refusal to acknowledge this, is both of these, they simply can't have pride unless they also take into consideration their place as a subordinate in some way.

    pride is being proud of oneself, so you can't have genuine pride until you understand yourself, and you cannot understand yourself until you have recognized your strengths and weaknesses.

    i take pride in the fact that i can learn from Neil Peart (drummer for Rush), and that i can, in turn, teach someone else what i know.  

    in the language of Nietzsche, a higher level of greatness that is beyond the greatness of the individual is being of service to what is recognized as better than you. if you cannot be great, serve what is great.... but you will not for the purposes of losing oneself to subordination. rather to take what one can from what is great and become greater as an individual. there are always those who are not as good as you, as well, following right behind, so you'll notice that your service to what is great also involves making others greater... as you serve what is greater than you.

    there is reciprocation here. pride is being able to place oneself into a system of ranks, and transcending one's own shame and humility (for being relatively weaker than another) by recognizing the supremacy of the organism over the individual, and placing its importance over oneself.

    any other kind of socialization is disingenuous and full of hubris.

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:01 am

    in the republic plato declared that children would undergo physical and athletic development before intellectual development... which would begin with being taught about music. it was pythagoras who emphasized the importance of music, and plato followed by claiming that in order to prepare for absolute knowledge, one must have an understanding of music, and how it works; ratios between tones, scales, mathematical structuring, and so on.

    in any case, placing primary importance on the body first, cannot be stressed enough. sound body must come before sound mind. nietzsche also acknowledges this by saying that the mind... it's moral judgments, its formation of values, indeed, its very ethos, is a symptom of a physiology. and by that he means that the immediacy of our judgement 'this is bad for me' or 'i am in danger' or 'i struggle at this' does not come first from a rational consideration of the circumstances, but rather from a direct and immedient feeling of constitution and power (conatus)... and the moral evaluations that follow are conditioned by that constitutional integrity.

    let us use a particular comparison between the greeks symmachia to their gods and the christian's relationship to their god (after the dissolution of the hebrew warrior god); the greeks felt themselves equally necessary, like their gods- the gods wanted, even required, the greeks admiration, respect and approval. the very conception of the gods, by the greeks, involved an already exalted sense of their own importance, and therefore their power.

    the christians, on the other hand, were completely subordinate to their god; hoped to be subject to his mercy if he approved of them, and forever feared his wrath. they kneel before god and beg his approval.

    the greeks did no such thing out of fear, but reverence, and this reverence reflects their own feeling of greatness. the relationship between the gods and the greeks was always a negotiation process; an exchange of praise for good fortune, and vice-versa.

    and why was this so? because the greeks had an extraordinary aesthetic appreciation of themselves... not a vanity, but a heightended sense of self-respect and pride. the object of male and female beauty, for instance, was something the greeks were fascinated by. it was this predisposition to value the body that indirectly effected their psychological predisposition in the invention of their gods. and the most direct way to observe one's ethos is to first observe their religions, myths and superstitions. because a culture's morality, which is sanctioned by their gods, follows from the relationship the people feel they have with their gods, a master morality is a direct consequence of the initial recognition of a people's vitality and strength. a slave morality (christianity), on the other hand, reflects a weakened people.

    going back to nietzsche's idea that evaluations are symptoms, and not causes, of a morality, leads us to understand the importance of the body over the mind.

    the slow decline from the once proud, hebrew warrior caste into the questionable and suspicious mindset that characterized them after the dissolution of their culture and ethos, was responsible for the re-conceptualization of what god was. nietzsche called this process a result of 'the assault of the assyrians from without, and anarchy from within'. the warrior caste disolved into a kind of disenfranchised, nationless assortment of wandering tribes without goals or direction.

    back to my original point. we have a progression that works like this:

    powerful body > strong ethos > invention of gods > establishment of moral codes and conduct in symmachia > judgements and values as symptoms > degree of power: healthy body > less suffering and fear > less ressentiment toward the world > master moral type.

    weak body > impotent ethos > invention of gods > establishment of moral codes and conduct in subordination > judgements and values as symptoms > degree of weakness: broken body > more suffering and fear > increased ressentiment toward the world > slave moral type.

    for those who wish to begin living and learning and growing properly, you must first design your body and forget about what you think you know. you can know nothing until you are strong.

    saully told me recently that he runs and works out, daily. i am delighted to hear this. what about you others? are you authorized and qualified to have good values if you are not yet of sound body?

    i cannot tell you enough how important you are to your body, and your body, to you. please. i do not wish to have in my company the presence of weaklings... for they cannot respect themselves, and have no say in what is 'good'.

    you will develop a regiment of exercise which you will do routinely, from now on (unless your job/work involves considerable exercise). this means you, desk jockeys and salesmen.

    work at your own pace, but constantly improve yourself. steadily increase your reps and the length of time you exercise, whatever your exercise may be. if not, then go die somewhere, because i can't use people who do not love themselves.

    'power is the body's capacity to act'- spinoza

    p.s the elderly excluded. don't wancha to throw a hip out. your place is to either teach, if you can, or help however you can.

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:25 pm

    listening to The Fountain of Lamneth again (i analyze the fuck out of Rush's songs... there is soooo much substance in this band), and identifying the song to represent the cycle of human life (see the song post in the Rush thread), the thought occurred to me that when nietzsche said the idea of the eternal recurrence 'smashes' all things previously believed... he didn't say it also resolves everything after these previously believed systems are destroyed.

    ask yourself this. if the eternal recurrence isn't true, and this is it... when you die you are annihilated and disappear for eternity... what the fuck difference would it make? this would only mean that you were wrong in what you believed while you were alive, and in being wrong, you lost nothing. wait, i should say that i want to apply pascal's wager here... minus the ridiculous christian element.

    but what if you were right? saully and i discussed this briefly on the phone a while back, but didn't really get to the bottom of it.

    okay. so if in each life we are only able to intuit the eternal recurrence, i.e., we 'suspect' it might be true, we cannot know that what we did in our previous life had any ramifications for the life we are presently living while suspecting it, and we therefore live as if that life were the first. but, in each life if we suspect the ER is true, we live as if it's true, and do the things we would want to do again. the ER then becomes an eternal process of improving oneself without knowing we are doing such a thing.

    now bear with me. in not knowing the ER is true, we are prevented from submitting and resigning to fatalism; we cannot use the excuse 'well this is all determined to happen' when we are faced with our choices in life.

    the beauty of not knowing the ER is true is that it gives us responsibility and freedom, regardless of whether or not we have it. ahhh, you say. now you see.

    the wager is a non-zero sum game with fate; you either win or don't lose. if you are wrong, it doesn't matter. if you are right, you win eternal improvement.

    'i am not afraid of death, but dying'- epicurus

    why should we be afraid of death? it's not like you 'step aside' and think 'man, i'm dead, this sucks.' no. you are history. nada. kaput. outta there. you can't know you're dead.

    those religions that make of the wager a dangerous risk are bullshit. christianity, for instance, and buddhism...both nihilistic religions (though B is much more mature and rational). they impose a kind of karma on the situation. in christianity, if your karma ain't right and you have a debt of sin, you're fucked. and btw... who would want to worship a god that sends you to hell for eternity? what if i experience real remorse for my sins while i'm in hell... shouldn't i get another chance? i thought that god was benevolent. no sir; no more strikes. burn baby.

    and buddhism. their purpose is to get out of life, to exit the wheel of samsara, to achieve nirvana (smells like teen spirit, actually... what with all the angst). now what kind of an attitude is that? life does not suck.... YOU SUCK... if you do not love life. go get a bowl and sit under a fig tree all day for all i care.

    fritz and i offer you something better. we offer you the possibility of becoming your own destiny, your own captain, your own master. and if we are wrong... you've lost nothing.

    fritz's wager: better to believe and be wrong, than not believe and be right. in not believing, you stop trying and surrender.

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:46 am

    some of you know the satyr from KT. we go way back so i've been watching him... watching to see what's become of him. upon reading his posts i noticed i kept seeing a certain feature in many of the posts; his critique of people he believes idolize other philosophers (he mentions nietzsche) for unhealthy reasons. he goes on to say this is due to lacking a father figure. this might be true for some cases, but surely not all. though he speaks as if it as universal condition for all idolators.

    in any case, i have a critique of this critique, and will show you a beautiful irony.

    he claims that these idolators consciously or unconsciously want to 'be like' their idols... become one of the philosophical greats. but that by doing so, they remain unwitting followers of a specific idol. he suggest indirectly that to be a great philosopher is to think for oneself.

    but, and here is the irony, a great individual thinker is at some time under the influence of other philosophical teachers, whom he acquires various ideas from.

    who then is more unhealthy? the individual thinker who pretends to think independently of the philosophers from whom he learned, or the individual thinker who pays homage to the philosophers from whom he learned?

    to learn from another philosopher, then pretend your ideas are genuinely original, then criticize others who give reference to philosophers they've learned from while also desiring to become an original thinker, is a kind of latent hipocrisy.

    now i'm not saying there aren't philosophical flakes out there who think they understand what the greats had taught, and want to become great, believing they can, simply by proping up a cardboard nietzsche to back them up everytime they say something.

    the difference, though, is that someone of this types is really harmless. it is the type that does not acknowledge their predecessors and contemporaries while claiming to be an orginal thinker, that demonstrates that unconscious desire to be thought of as great by those who know him, without deserving to be (because of their hypocrisy).

    his critique has just been turned upside down, yes?

    centuries ago it was possible to be truly original. today, it's impossible. nobody on a philosophy forum who has an idea is going to present something that is anything more than a meager footnote to what one of the greats had already said.

    if you don't realize this, you are bound to make an ass of yourself. if you do recognize this fact, and believe your ideas are true because you think a great philosopher meant the same thing (when he really didn't) as you, you are bound to make an ass of yourself, too. not as big of an ass as the former, but an ass nonetheless.

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:30 pm

    when a person gets a life sentence without the possibility of parole for murdering someone, that person is going to suffer one-hundred times more than the person he murdered.

    now suppose that person who was just sentenced really experiences remorse for what he did, and knows, himself, that he would never do it again. but because others can't know he'd never do it again, they can't risk letting him go.

    now the person's suffering will be multiplied one-hundred more times, for a total of a two hundred percent increase in suffering.

    i, personally, would rather be murdered than have to spend the rest of my life in prison.

    anyway, i get so angry when i see the family of some useless piece of shit drug dealer who just got shot, jumping for joy when his murderer gets a life sentence. and these are supposed to be christians. i mean, aren't they all?

    god is joke. the people who worship him are a joke. and the criminal justice system he designed is a joke.

    the motherfuckers will ask you to put your hand on the bible before you testify, and then one hour later break the very first commandament by giving you the death penalty.

    it's one of the reasons why i know the christian god doesn't exist. he wouldn't be such an incompetent imbecile. there has to be some other god, or gods, if there is such a thing. and could it be that maybe this god, or gods, want us to recognize these inherent contradictions in the criminal justice system as well as the people who profess to be christians?

    i think this world is a stage dsigned for the use of specific people who are involved in some kind of spiritual evolution. these people, who are a very, very small minority, are being challenged... this world is a test... a stage in a series of stages in some kind of progression which i don't pretend to understand. the vast majority of people being 'filler material', stage-props, fodder for the use of those few who are important. their only purpose is to be used or disregarded by this few. the god(s) set it up that way, i think. the important few are supposed to develop the courage to almost literally break every rule/law that exists in the world. if they don't, they fail.

    the god(s) wouldn't make a test so easy as the christian test. a moron could pass that test. the test, if there be one, would have to be far more complicated... and the element of complication lies in making that transition from the 'good conscience', as conventional, ass backward christian morality would have it, into the conscience of the master morality... that of the ubermensch. becomming that destroyer of everything hitherto existing is the most difficult thing to do, hence, the test.

    like a spiritual boot-camp, so to speak.

    no. christianity is too easy. it's function is to produce a world of a majority of invalids so that those who matter have material to work with while they are being tested.

    did i figure it out, or did i figure it out?

    the god(s) are the supreme ironists. they absolutely love it.

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:03 am

    who or what is 'feminizing' mankind?

    first, some basic observations. we mean 'becoming like a female' when we say 'feminized,' so what is it about the female that the man is becomming like?

    roles, conspicuous consumption and body modifications, externally. adaptation of memes, internally.

    men are now doing, buying/using, becoming physically like, and thinking more like, females.

    the first three examples are easy to understand... it's the last one that is difficult, because 'thinking like a female' is a very vague premise.

    let's say a general temperment for aggressive behavior in males is slowly being modified by external forces. that's not a revolutionary idea, and pretty obvious. we know for sure that that has something to do with the kinds of societies men live in; their roles have significantly changed, so, naturally, the characteristics they once possessed that allowed them to accomplish the duties they were once required to do, are becomming no longer necessary.

    take for instance a sample group X of a genotype. those males who are very aggressive tend to beget children that have the genes responsible for that behavior. this is required to survive in environment Y... a place where you have to be very aggressive to stay alive.

    now make the environment less hostile. slowly, the sample group changes due to the survival and breeding of males who don't possess the genes that make them aggressive, and less aggressive generations of offspring are produced.

    this is natural selection.

    now being the case that our modern environments are characterized by having far less hostility than those of old, it is no mistake that men are becomming less aggressive. this is basic evolution.

    unfortunately, those who usually have theories about the feminization of men tend to think of it as a kind of intentional conspiracy designed by some group of people. let's use globalism and the coming of the new world order. their premise is: it won't work unless men are much less aggressive. therefore, we, the group in power, have to begin the gradual manipulation of culture to change men into manageable people.

    this is what these guys are thinking. the problem with this theory is that it gives the groups in power far too much credit. the fact simply being, such a plan would be much too complicated to enact, too many details to work out, to much to foresee, too many things that could go wrong.

    probably what is happening instead is, the theorist is personally disgusted with some aspect of male culture, and then projects his feelings into a grand, conspiratorial narrative to address the things he's disgusted by.

    one must understand that the evolution of mankind is a continuum, meaning, that at no point is any specific 'form' mankind takes, the right one. there is no 'right one'.

    of course, one should not therefore abandon one's romanticism concerning what they believe men should be. there is nothing wrong with that; it's called the preservation of culture.

    the only detail here that is erroneous is to think of this feminzation process as conspired. it simply isn't. the force responsible for this change in male form and culture is a product of socio-economic circumstances that come with the world's growth. and neither does nature conspire. nature doesn't 'plan' anything.

    the generation of memes occurs through the commodification of culture, not vice-versa, as modes of material production and consumption generate human consciousness in the world they interact in. but there is no hidden force that says 'we are making the world like X so that men will turn into Y.'

    that would be too difficult to do on such a large scale. there is no necessary connection between marxism, christianity, judaism, or anything else, to the fact that male culture is changing. this is putting the cart before the horse. it is rather because man has changed, that such memes as these things have evolved. and they have evolved over immense periods of time... all direct reflections or some kind of primary change in the modes of production and consumption of a people.

    example: transition from wandering hebrew warrior tribes into localized, agrarian communities after establishing territory. new modes of social interaction evolve... old ideologies disappear in coorespondance to this change. so on and so forth.

    life becomes easier, men become more chilled out, memes of a more mild nature evolve. no more living for the glory of battle and dying an honorable death. men now become farmers, philosophers and diplomats. ordinary folks who don't need to be so aggressive anymore. the ethos naturally changes.

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:40 pm

    i hear a lotta talk from guys who are constantly complaining about the 'leftification' of the world, and i wonder why that is.

    well, why do i say that. because most of these paranoid whistle-blowers would be no more mundane and ordinary in a dystopian totalitarian world, than they are already, now in today's world.

    they would lose nothing in such a new society. they would still do the same things, and be the same people. conversly, if you put them in a time machine and sent the back to the roman empire, you'd notice no difference in them there, either.

    i think it more of a 'it's the cool thing to do', for these folks. i mean wage a war against the liberalization of the world. it's a kind of charade, in a way... gives them something to do when they have no real war to fight. i mean no personal war against some kind of opposition, be it a threat to their immediate security, rights, freedom, or anything like that.

    so you take gun rights away from one of these joes. so what? he'd most likely never use the gun anyway. only carry it out pretending to be a tough guy.

    i dunno man. i just get a kick out of this stuff from time to time. me, i couldn't care less about who is immigrating to what country, who has gotten a sex change, who is a bible thumper, who owns a nuclear missle, and who gets to carry a gun.

    why not? because i am engaged in my own plight, my own very real war with government (criminal justice system), and that takes every bit of the attention i have.

    unlike joe, i don't have time to pretend to be in danger by something i've imagined would change me from the invalid that i already am, into a bigger invalid.

    an invalid is an invalid, no matter where/when you put him.

    how does that quote go again?

    "the ordinary and mundane are incapable of seeing beyond their own mundane desires to the passionate struggle for the unattainable in which noble men could become heroically engaged."

    and that passionate struggle is not keeping a gun in your pocket and foreigners out of your country. these joes would be no different without a gun and surrounded by foreigners. only now, they'd find some other triviality to complain about, and the great charade would continue.

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:50 pm

    these are fond memories, looking back. my last run at ILP. *sighs*

    i totally remember that week before i was arrested. that whole page of posts was made on the run. i think i was in SC at the time selling stolen shit and getting ready to drive back to VA. that last one at the top, to trixie, was posted the very night before they got me at 4 o'clock in the morning. in fact, i think i posted that on my phone while lying in the van waiting for 2:45 a.m. to come around so i could go to work boostin'. i was parked in a guest spot in some apartment complex in some town in NC.

    anyway, this is some funny shit. look at the seriousness of zinnat's face, and then imagine this guy reading my reply to him. you know i once dedicated this song to him. imagine his face when he clicked the link. oh my god that's some funny shit.

    those were the days man.

    http://ilovephilosophy.com/search.php?author_id=42351&sr=posts

    four days before he was arrested and sitting in his van in a grocery store parking lot homeless and geared up on some peruvian flake, Zoot Allures wrote:
    zinnat wrote:This thread is not about retards. I dismissed them from the very beginning. They do not deserve that much importance as you are thinking

    See that? That's that aryan Hindu virtu shining through; zinnat's stern nobility expresses itself in the natural authoritative inclination to honor and sustain a caste system of ranks, with retards at he lower levels. This for zinnat is an instinct, a mere trifle to be dismissed with imperious disregard... not so easy if you are an englishman, woman, or christian. What the European man lacks is this ethos, and zinnat can be a beacon of insight and hope for him.

    look at him: http://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=189765&p=2589698#p2589698

    ... and then picture zinnat jamming to Give It Away:

    give it away, give at away, give at away now...

    what i got cha got ta give it to your momma...

    ... you do a little dance and then you drink a little watah....

    lolzzzzz!!!

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:32 pm

    when my van was searched and the stolen merchandise seized and put into evidence, my personal property was also taken. this is okay, because the cops don't know what's stolen or not. i got no problem with that.

    what happenns next is, the merchandise that can be traced back to the owners gets returned to them, and the rest stays in evidence until a judge gives an order to release it to me.

    the person who gets that order from the judge is supposed to be the attorney i had when i was convicted and sentenced. it is part of his service to me, part of what i'm paying for.

    so when i got out of the joint i called him. he said he'd go in front of a jusge for me, and that i needed to send him the item list... which i was given by the detective after the property seizure.

    i mailed it to him three weeks ago, and have called him three times. not a word from him. the piece of shit is avoiding me. if he doesn't do this for me, i don't get my shit back. tablets, laptop, mp3 player, northface bag, even my brand new teva hiking sandals. and a bunch of other shit.

    translation: after the cops took the stolen goods away from me, they stole my personal property.

    this is essentially what this amounts to.

    one more page in my little black book. actually it's become a big black book. i have pages and pages and pages of incidents i'be been recording since 2007; every lie, every mistake, every rule that they neglected to follow, every unjustified inconvenience they've made for me, every unjustified restriction, loss of privilege or right that i would otherwise have had i not been convicted of the felonies (instead being convicted only of the misdemeanors i was guilty of), every difficulty i have with getting and keeping a job, in short, every detail i have had to suffer since that fateful day inn 2007, everything that has followed... it all goes in the big black book.

    i can't believe it. well yes i can, actually. it is, after all, the criminal justice system we're talking about. the motherfuckers arrest me for stealing, and then turn around and steal my shit.

    the court of zoot allures will one day be in session, and i hate it for the poor bastards who are gonna be there.

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:07 pm

    the cell block i was in for 377 days was desined for eight people; four cells with two bunks each. there were sixteen people in it. three per cell (one on the floor by the toilet), and four on the floor in the day room. the block size was approximately fifty feet by fifteen feet... the size of a single car garage. there was one metal table that seated four, and a small TV on the wall. there was one shower.

    the jail had a contract with the state corrections department that allowed them to keep inmates who were sentenced up to five years. meaning, you'd do your time in the jail, not a state prison. jail time is infinitely worse than prison time, because you don't have a fraction of the freedom you have in prison.

    example: i was allowed to go outside in a walled in courtyard as big as the block, with no view of anything but concrete and steel, for one hour every two weeks. during that hour i would walk a circle around the perimeter.

    i spent a total of 26 hours outside in 377 days.

    one out of every six inmates had already been sentenced, and the majority of them had more than five years. they were all waiting to be shipped to prison... some of them being there eight or more months before they finally went to prison.

    the overcrowding of the jail was a result of this. there were plenty of bunks open in the prisons across the state, but the jail gets paid to keep them, and the department of corrections is therefore in no hurry to come get them from the jail. the prison system, in turn, gets funding from the state and federal government, so paying the jails to keep the inmates for prolonged periods is not a problem for it.

    the department responsible for housing inmates in the jail is called 'classifications'. in addition to the overcrowding, classifications wouldn't pay any attention to the number of inmates in a particular block. so, you have one block that has twelve inmates, and another across the hall that has fifteen. instead of making a note of this, they wouldn't pay any attention to it. if a new inmate was booked, they'd put him in the block that had fifteen inmates instead of the block that had twelve. instead, they should have put him in the twelve inmate block so the other block wouldn't become even more crowded. everytime the stupid bitch from classifications walked through to inspect the block, i wanted to reach through the bars and smash her face in. i wrote complaint after complaint explaining the disproportionate crowding that could be avoided if they did their fucking job right. this went on the entire time i was there.

    my block was so packed full, you couldn't walk five feet without bumping into some nigger or white trash piece of shit. and the noise was maddening. constant arguments over card games and which channel to put the TV on.

    i never got more than four hours in a row of sleep. the schedule was like this:

    11:00 p.m.lights out.
    3:00 a.m. cleaning supplies are brought in
    3:30 a.m. breakfast (if you call it that)
    7:30 a.m. cell inspection

    and by 10:30 a.m., the block was noisey again, making sleep impossible.

    the point is, jail administration didn't have to run the schedule like that. they could have done cleaning supplies, breakfast and cell inspection much later than they did. i imagine they enjoyed depriving inmates of decent sleep.

    everyday, for 377 days, i was given two bologna sandwiches for lunch. bread, thin slice of bologna, piece of fake cheese. the meat smelled like a wet dog. sometimes it was so bad i couldn't eat it. i got used to being hungry all the time (except when i had a breakfast pack that phoneutria bought me).

    i managed to get some other commissary once in a while from gambling on the chess board, but most of the inmates eventually refused to play me anymore.

    let's see, what else. oh yeah. when and if one inmate broke a rule, the whole block was punished. this happened constantly. being punished for some bullshit another inmate got busted for. i wrote a letter to the corporeal explaining how this was dangerous; inmates get angry at another inmate that gets them punished, putting that inmate at risk. he didn't give a shit. i also explained how unfair that was, to punish everyone for one person's infraction. her didn't give a shit.

    not two weeks after i arrived to the jail (extradited from prison in NC), i almost got into a fight with some nigger that was blasting his radio beside my mat, all night long. i threatened to smash his radio, and was sent to segregation for a month. 24 hour lock down in a cell, no dayroom. one shower every three days. nothing to do in the cell but sleep, read cheap novels, work out, and jack off.

    there's so much more, but i've lost interest now.

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:20 pm

    this simple exchange characterizes two diametrically opposed attitudes, each of which i had at some point, but no longer have:

    1mpious wrote:...or perhaps just the bland and monotonous hum drum of normal people instead? (Please don't hate them, we need them, like precious cogs in the machine we cannot do without.)

    Zero Sum wrote:Those that cannot respect the common man or woman have no sense of nobility and honor.

    To be from a place of privilege the noble cause is to want to give back to the community.

    i've come to have a unique understanding of nietzsche's concept of the overman and its antithesis, that would certainly not jive with either the orthodox notion of the master class or slave class, as traditional nietzscheans would have it.

    i think the modern nietzschean trend is to conceive of the master type as a kind of exalted bourgeoise class... it's typology necessarily expressing itself in the dichotomy between the modern, technological world's opposing 'working' and 'ruling' classes. because the idea must have undergone a conversion following the industrial revolution- the barbarian, the artist/poet, the sage, etc., now being impossible in the original romantic and classical sense- a new identity has been made for the overman and the last man, respectively.

    but i feel that the characteristics of the overman (not the last man) cannot be possessed by this new type, owing to a fundamental lack of noble features; the bourgeoise parasite class, nothing extraordinary about it that would justify its rank above and beyond the proletariat, other than the fact that it doesn't labor. and, if it did labor, it would labor badly, at that.

    the image we have of the overman must be something fantastic, something so unconventional and unique as to put it above and almost out of reach of any of the present ruling classes. but from where would this overman type emerge ... where would he come from, what kind of circumstances. certainly not bloodline, or by design, or even by accident.

    it would be a third class that emerged out of discourse between the bourgeoise and proletariat... something that was at some point either one or the other, evolving out of, and then beyond both.

    now when i suggest that this type may essentially be an anarchist, i don't mean in the sense that nietzsche conceived the anarchist; the underprivileged and resentful that seeks to abolish all order so that the oppressive forces will have no more control... thereby alleviating the miserable lot in life that this type has (for whatever reason).

    what i suggest is anarchist who has become such because of his 'noble impotency', because of his inability to be found by a fate that would place him in his proper rank... that of the master class. this anarchist, by defect, has abandoned any aspirations for a proper, authoritarian order... not because he seeks to abolish order, per se.

    he says: 'either order proper, or no order at all,' and when he sees the world and those who rule it, he compares himself to that ruling class type and feels it to be perfectly inadequate and undeserving of the title of overman.

    again, it is impossible for that noble barbarian or free spirited artist type that we might find a goethe describe, to exist in the world of today. the world has changed, and so the concept of the overman must change with it, for it to still be conceivable. it simply can't be the case that the modern bourgeoise fits the mold of the master type set out at the end of nietzsche's WTP. that type, perhaps, had its last chance to develop during WW2, but failed.

    how ironic that it may be the case that the very antithesis to the master type, the anarchist, turned out to be the only candidate for that master title at the turn of twentieth century. i think it is the mass democratization of the world that has prevented even those who allegedly rule it, from becoming noble. there is always something wrong... some little idiosyncrasy about one such person whom i might consider to be deserving of the overman rank, that ruins it for me. or perhaps my vision of the overman is so fantastic, so spectacular, that it would be impossible for anyone, today, to achieve it.

    no. i think the modern overman is a new species almost unattainable by anyone existing today. i think the overman is a exception that cannot be classified as modern or bourgeoise. the overman today must be a radical digression from everything that stands as, and for, order and convention. a new barbarian who will almost certainly be a sociopath. he could not not be a sociopath after having made such a tremendous break from his faith in the world.

    it is a metamorphosis that one does not choose to experience, a fundamental change that results from an overflowing vitality of spirit and enthusiasm for life, coupled with an insurmountable disgust with those who have the highest rank and privilege. not from resentment or out of ressentiment... but from insult... that something so ordinary could attain such greatness.

    his destructive spirit becomes a creative impulse. his revenge becomes an art. he takes possession of anything he wants... and sometimes if only to see if he has the power to take it. the world is his playground... there is nothing to 'take seriously' anymore but his own pleasure and ambition. he simply can't identify with any class, neither at the top or bottom, any longer.  

    i don't think nietzsche had the sociopath in mind when he conceived of the overman... but that's all that's left in the world of true greatness. all other greatness is too cliche, ordinary, simple, mundane, or mediocre.

    where is that post in which i lambasted the randian john galts of the world, these fucking soft-ass clowns. lemme find it. maybe i lost it, i dunno.
    avatar
    Satyr

    Posts : 758
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Satyr on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:10 am

    Then it's all about establishing what 'community' means and to what community the noble man belongs and is obliged to give gives back to.

    Overman means the man who has overcome the resentment towards time - time that also gives rise to him. So has overcome his antipathy for what gives rise to him and places him in the state of knowing he will die.
    Everything he said was psychology.
    His eternal return, a testing of whether or not you are living the optimal, for you, life...a life that you can relive it.
    Will to power is also the psychological evaluation of a powerless organism striving to accumulate and discharge energies...willing what it lacks in an absolute sense.....


    _________________
    Know Thyself

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:45 am

    Satyr wrote:Then it's all about establishing what 'community' means and to what community the noble man belongs and is obliged to give gives back to.

    right, and that's one of the things this anarchist type i speak of, has lost faith in. the possibility of being a part of a distinguished community. he's the kind that maintains an impossible standard of perfection that cannot be reached either in global, political terms, or in personal relationships. like an outcast, if you will, but not because he wouldn't be accepted. rather because he can't accept what is available to him, as that would compromise his principles.

    he can only see himself as a wanderer, as N put it.

    but yes, there are two ways to conceive of the overman. one is as a universal formula toward which everyone could aspire... the other is as a particular instance that is unique to each person; this means there is no single type of overman like in the former case, ... only different versions depending on the particular circumstances and characteristics about the person in question.

    the problem with the latter kind is that anyone can believe they have attained the type, and there would be no standard by which to say 'no, this is not the overman proper.'

    but simply coming to terms with mortality, accepting death, losing any resentment toward fate, what have you, is not enough to establish this type. that's too easy to do. the overman must be exceptionally difficult to become, involving more than a few essential changes in attitude. it requires radical action as well.

    avatar
    Satyr

    Posts : 758
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Satyr on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:06 am

    Zoot Allures wrote:
    Satyr wrote:Then it's all about establishing what 'community' means and to what community the noble man belongs and is obliged to give gives back to.

    right, and that's one of the things this anarchist type i speak of, has lost faith in. the possibility of being a part of a distinguished community. he's the kind that maintains an impossible standard of perfection that cannot be reached either in global, political terms, or in personal relationships. like an outcast, if you will, but not because he wouldn't be accepted. rather because he can't accept what is available to him, as that would compromise his principles.
    The Indo-Europeans identified community as blood - genetic continuum, within which the individual was but a link in the chain.

    Zoot Allures wrote:he can only see himself as a wanderer, as N put it.

    but yes, there are two ways to conceive of the overman. one is as a universal formula toward which everyone could aspire... the other is as a particular instance that is unique to each person; this means there is no single type of overman like in the former case, ... only different versions depending on the particular circumstances and characteristics about the person in question.

    the problem with the latter kind is that anyone can believe they have attained the type, and there would be no standard by which to say 'no, this is not the overman proper.'

    but simply coming to terms with mortality, accepting death, losing any resentment toward fate, what have you, is not enough to establish this type. that's too easy to do. the overman must be exceptionally difficult to become, involving more than a few essential changes in attitude. it requires radical action as well.
    I disagree...it is the hardest thing to achieve.
    What is easy is to claim that you have.

    Resentiment, as Nietzsche put it, for one's own mortal condition is the most difficult, if not impossible, thing to achieve.

    To see clearly by eliminating all fear/anxiety.
    Dominating others is far easier.
    You did so in jail, no? You used your superior imagination, verbal artistry, knowledge, to manipulate and exploit the weaker without them becoming aware of it.
    It would be more clever to make it seem as if they are dominating.

    You find the vulnerable, those below you intellectually, psychologically, economically, and you impose your will either overtly or covertly.
    Success depends on your judgment, and how accurate you've evaluated yourself in relation to other.
    If you overestimate yourself, then it is as bad as underestimating yourself. You will fail...and you will then face the consequences and accuse other for your won failing.


    _________________
    Know Thyself

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:30 am

    Satyr wrote:Resentiment, as Nietzsche put it, for one's own mortal condition is the most difficult, if not impossible, thing to achieve.

    N uses the word 'ressentiment' (french, i believe) more often than 'resentment'. there is a critical difference between the two meanings. the first is a kind of projection of blame upon something external for one's suffering... the second, more germane to the idea of general hatred.

    it was ressentiment, according to N, that originated much of the first moralizing, while resentment can be felt by anyone, including the master type that endured no suffering. the inversion of moral virtues occurred because of the feeling of ressentiment; sufferers cannot become stronger, so they seek to undermine and strip the strong of their power.

    Satyr wrote:You did so in jail, no? You used your superior imagination, verbal artistry, knowledge, to manipulate and exploit the weaker without them becoming aware of it.
    It would be more clever to make it seem as if they are dominating.

    funny you should say that, because that's precisely what i didn't do. i took far more pleasure in improving inmates physically and mentally, than exploiting them. my state issued cup runeth over, dude.







    avatar
    Satyr

    Posts : 758
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Satyr on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:00 am

    Zoot Allures wrote:
    N uses the word 'ressentiment' (french, i believe) more often than 'resentment'. there is a critical difference between the two meanings. the first is a kind of projection of blame upon something external for one's suffering... the second, more germane to the idea of general hatred.

    it was ressentiment, according to N, that originated much of the first moralizing, while resentment can be felt by anyone, including the master type that endured no suffering. the inversion of moral virtues occurred because of the feeling of ressentiment; sufferers cannot become stronger, so they seek to undermine and strip the strong of their power.
    Resetiment is French for.....resentment.
    The Anglo-Saxons adopted many words from their Norse conquerors.
    Heisman analyzed their resentment as also being a part of the American Civil War.
    Yankee, Anglo-Saxon Protestant resetnment for the Southern aristocratic elites.


    Zoot Allures wrote:funny you should say that, because that's precisely what i didn't do. i took far more pleasure in improving inmates physically and mentally, than exploiting them. my state issued cup runeth over, dude.
    You misunderstand manipulation to mean something negative.
    An effect of generations of Abrahamic upbringing.
    A man derives pleasure from training and breeding his dogs. In their advancement he sees his will taking shape.


    _________________
    Know Thyself

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:50 pm

    satyr wrote:Resetiment is French for.....resentment.
    The Anglo-Saxons adopted many words from their Norse conquerors.
    Heisman analyzed their resentment as also being a part of the American Civil War. Yankee, Anglo-Saxon Protestant resetnment for the Southern aristocratic elites.

    there is different nuance in the meanings, slight, but different. i made use of both words because i meant two different things. i explained already the different element in ressentiment. it doesn't mean simply anger or disgust toward something, but also the projection of cause or blame onto something else for one's feelings, failures, suffering, etc.

    thanks for the history lesson, though.

    satyr wrote:You misunderstand manipulation to mean something negative.
    An effect of generations of Abrahamic upbringing.

    negative to who, the manipulator or the manipulated? i think rather you misunderstand that it can mean either, depending on a context.

    not sure if i'm effected by generations of abrahamic upbringing though, whatever that means.

    you sure did jump to a conclusion there, didn't ya? if making an assumption from a general statement were an olympic event, you'd have taken the gold in the long-jump.

    but seeing how this is the special olympics....

    no i'm kidding. relax.

    satyr wrote:A man derives pleasure from training and breeding his dogs. In their advancement he sees his will taking shape.

    with that, i agree. in any way and upon anything that a person imposes their will and instruction do they take pleasure in the results.  

    ...

    i noticed your satyrnalium thread. i can lock it for you (i think), which would prevent anyone else from posting in it, if you prefer.

    i might do the same for this thread. sometimes we don't want to discuss/defend/argue and litter the thread with distractions. think of a locked thread as a blog.
    avatar
    Satyr

    Posts : 758
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Satyr on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:30 am

    I admire how you divide your time to keep all your members satisfied and coming back. Your patience is fantastic.
    I know how easily bored you become.
    Let's hope you make this forum a replacement for ILP....it is now nothing more than a den of dim-wits and marketers of ideologies looking for easy converts.
    Carleas destroyed the place. But it is a safe-haven for retards and braggarts.

    Zoot Allures wrote:
    satyr wrote:You misunderstand manipulation to mean something negative.
    An effect of generations of Abrahamic upbringing.
    negative to who, the manipulator or the manipulated? i think rather you misunderstand that it can mean either, depending on a context.
    You said you used your advantage to help your inmates....this is also manipulation.
    You directed them towards what you thought were good objectives.

    Zoot Allures wrote:not sure if i'm effected by generations of abrahamic upbringing though, whatever that means.

    you sure did jump to a conclusion there, didn't ya? if making an assumption from a general statement were an olympic event, you'd have taken the gold in the long-jump.
    Precedent....not one statement but what I've experienced of you over years of interaction.
    I may want to gauge its accuracy from your response...or I may base this on your own claim that you used your advantage in jail to help others.
    A selfless, Christian attitude.

    Zoot Allures wrote:but seeing how this is the special olympics....

    no i'm kidding. relax.
    No you're not...and I'm always relaxed.
    I sometimes get excited when I smell blood in the water. Hopefully not menstrual.

    Your reaction was one of controlled anger.....which is the usually reaction of more masculine minds. They do not like being told what they are, but they prefer to tell others who and what they are.
    I suspect this would make you resistant to any psychotherapist's insights. This also means you repeat the same mistakes.

    Zoot Allures wrote:with that, i agree. in any way and upon anything that a person imposes their will and instruction do they take pleasure in the results.  
    Yes...so 'manipulate' is not necessarily a negative.
    One manipulates to direct towards an objective...will imposing itself on another will. Subtlety nudging, or violently pushing...

    Zoot Allures wrote:i noticed your satyrnalium thread. i can lock it for you (i think), which would prevent anyone else from posting in it, if you prefer.

    i might do the same for this thread. sometimes we don't want to discuss/defend/argue and litter the thread with distractions. think of a locked thread as a blog.
    Please.....
    This place will become like a Blog like forum?

    I am looking forward to them 'working' on you further, pulling you to become a member of their van clan. You have o idea about how excited they were when they heard, from phoneutria, that you were coming out.
    They were sure you were one of them and that ti was only a matter of time, and them 'working on you' before you came around. Plans about coming down there, camping, philosophical discussion in the wilderness around a campfire.....dancing who knows?
    It was fascinating to watch.
    Perhaps we'll have to wait for the next drug induced paroxysm when he is convinced he is the reincarnation of N himself.
    I luv that kind of stuff...the underbelly of humanity. The hidden irrationality in all. The pathos....HA!!!
    For a while I was uncertain, even though I knew your ego was innately anti-authoritarian, against all claims of external order.  But I wasn't sure how prison had affected you.
    You seem calmer. Perhaps you are drinking and getting high less. A few months in jail can cure you of addictions, but not of what produced them.
    Chemicals have a way of exposing our inner self.
    When I drink more spills forth. Sometimes good stuff, sometimes embarrassing stuff.


    _________________
    Know Thyself

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:53 am

    satyr wrote:I may base this on your own claim that you used your advantage in jail to help others.
    A selfless, Christian attitude.

    i did it for me, because i get off on my ability to shape and form people as if they were clay in my hands. the fact that i make them better redeems the selfishness of the act; i did it for me, but you prospered from it as well. we both win.

    christ, on the other hand, would not only take no pride in his work, but would also make them worse than they were, after he was done with them. they both lose.

    satyr wrote:Your reaction was one of controlled anger.....which is the usually reaction of more masculine minds. They do not like being told what they are, but they prefer to tell others who and what they are.

    it was more of a concern out of pity... a concern that you would make such an assumption- which demonstrates clumsy reasoning- and then believe what you have said- which demonstrates a smugness.

    the pity i feel derives from the expectations i have of you; that you shouldn't be doing these things, but are (still?).

    satyr wrote:Please.....
    This place will become like a Blog like forum?

    yeah, like one's own place to write. the purpose would be to prevent the kind of stuff that is happening right now, in this thread. bickering and bantering that does nothing but litter it up.

    satyr wrote:I am looking forward to them 'working' on you further, pulling you to become a member of their van clan. You have o idea about how excited they were when they heard, from phoneutria, that you were coming out.

    sometimes i like to let others think they have control, or some effect and influence, because it gives them an opportunity to shine.. it brings out any leadership they might be able of taking. if you make someone believe they are responsible for someone else- to whatever degree- they tend to respect that trust and the power you have given them, and then do their best not to disappoint you. how you make a leader is by giving them a chance to lead.

    it doesn't matter that they aren't really leading you... they think they are, and that's all it takes to work.

    satyr wrote:Perhaps we'll have to wait for the next drug induced paroxysm when he is convinced he is the reincarnation of N himself.


    impossible, because i'm the reincarnated N... i just don't have the moustache yet. i'm working on it.

    satyr wrote:I suspect this would make you resistant to any psychotherapist's insights. This also means you repeat the same mistakes.

    resistance to psychotherapy is largely due to its being pseudo-scientific nonsense, not because one 'chooses' to resist it. and there are no mistakes; i wouldn't change a single detail of anything i've ever done. my only regret is that i didn't do it sooner.

    satyr wrote:You seem calmer. Perhaps you are drinking and getting high less. A few months in jail can cure you of addictions, but not of what produced them

    don't drink or smoke anymore because of urine tests. as for being calmer, my demeanor isn't always reflected in my posts. i might appear to be less aggressive, but that's because my aggressive energies are focused on something far more important than members at a philosophy forum.

    i have very little freedom of movement now, so now is my time to buckle down, work, make and save money, and prepare for the grand finale i've planned for in the distant future. i've got a lot of work to do when the time comes. now i am simply biding my time.











    avatar
    Satyr

    Posts : 758
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Satyr on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:05 am

    Zoot Allures wrote:i did it for me, because i get off on my ability to shape and form people as if they were clay in my hands. the fact that i make them better redeems the selfishness of the act; i did it for me, but you prospered from it as well. we both win.
    I know.
    I wasn't accusing you of anything.

    Zoot Allures wrote:christ, on the other hand, would not only take no pride in his work, but would also make them worse than they were, after he was done with them. they both lose.
    Making them worse to keep them following.
    The motive of making yourself a master is driven by the need to be admired, worshipped, followed. cult figures produce followers using word games that manipulate feelings and human nature.
    A good father, like a good teacher, wants his students to surpass him and be free of him. He wants to create independent minds that can then discover reality on their own.  

    Zoot Allures wrote:it was more of a concern out of pity... a concern that you would make such an assumption- which demonstrates clumsy reasoning- and then believe what you have said- which demonstrates a smugness.

    the pity i feel derives from the expectations i have of you; that you shouldn't be doing these things, but are (still?).
    What am I doing?
    Can you relate to pity?
    Is it how you allow yourself to condescend?

    Zoot Allures wrote:yeah, like one's own place to write. the purpose would be to prevent the kind of stuff that is happening right now, in this thread. bickering and bantering that does nothing but litter it up.
    I believe the threads and categories separate...so the Lounge is for chit-chat.

    Zoot Allures wrote:sometimes i like to let others think they have control, or some effect and influence, because it gives them an opportunity to shine.. it brings out any leadership they might be able of taking. if you make someone believe they are responsible for someone else- to whatever degree- they tend to respect that trust and the power you have given them, and then do their best not to disappoint you. how you make a leader is by giving them a chance to lead.
    I know.

    Zoot Allures wrote:it doesn't matter that they aren't really leading you... they think they are, and that's all it takes to work.
    It's the most effective kind of leadership.
    Declaring yourself a teacher and a leader has the opposite effect.
    I would go further and say, if you hear someone calling themselves a 'leader' and a 'teacher' you should not follow, and know that you have nothing to learn from them.

    Zoot Allures wrote:impossible, because i'm the reincarnated N... i just don't have the moustache yet. i'm working on it.
    Ha!!

    Zoot Allures wrote:resistance to psychotherapy is largely due to its being pseudo-scientific nonsense, not because one 'chooses' to resist it. and there are no mistakes; i wouldn't change a single detail of anything i've ever done. my only regret is that i didn't do it sooner.
    So, physiological types are pseudo-science?
    Is there a human nature, or is that also fake news? Is evolutionary psychology a crock of shit?

    Zoot Allures wrote:don't drink or smoke anymore because of urine tests. as for being calmer, my demeanor isn't always reflected in my posts. i might appear to be less aggressive, but that's because my aggressive energies are focused on something far more important than members at a philosophy forum.
    As it should.
    Now you have other cares than these on-line mind-farting venues.

    Zoot Allures wrote:i have very little freedom of movement now, so now is my time to buckle down, work, make and save money, and prepare for the grand finale i've planned for in the distant future. i've got a lot of work to do when the time comes. now i am simply biding my time.
    How are your plans on leaving for another country coming along? Will you have Visa problems?


    _________________
    Know Thyself

    Zoot Allures

    Posts : 525
    Join date : 2018-02-07
    Age : 500

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Zoot Allures on Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:47 am

    satyr wrote:So, physiological types are pseudo-science?
    Is there a human nature, or is that also fake news? Is evolutionary psychology a crock of shit?

    a fair question. in my case, 'therapy' is useless, because there is nothing to 'correct' about my behavior, no way to convince me i should or shouldn't behave a certain way, and certainly no way of convincing me to believe anything i do is 'wrong'. these are the things a therapist attempts to do, in vain. it wastes my time and my money.

    what stops me from behaving a certain way are the legal consequences, not the moral. in that case, there is no use for therapy, unless therapy's purpose is to convince me that i ought to follow the laws. but that's not its purpose. i don't need a therapist to tell me 'if you do x, you might suffer y.' no shit, sherlock. i just paid you a hundred dollars to tell me that?

    saytr wrote:How are your plans on leaving for another country coming along? Will you have Visa problems?

    that's storyline ending alternative #2.

    leaving the country is certainly a possibility. when the old lady passes, i should make a small profit after selling the house and paying back the reverse mortgage loan. with that, i might be able to finance some relatively long term travel abroad. i've got my eye on india for two reasons; excellent currency exchange rates, and a rule that allows american tourists to stay for ten years on a visa. other options are southeast asia and central america. what i've got to do is make my money last as long as possible, because when i run out, i can't just get a job in another country... especially with my skill sets. there is no demand for foreign construction workers.

    european countries are out of the question. terrible euro exchange rate, and most don't want any felons running around, much less sex offenders. the countries i mentioned above hardly even recognize my crimes, if they recognize them at all. they're only concerned with drug dealers, rapists and murderers, not retired exhibitionists.

    'wait! stop that man... don't let him in so he can spend thousands of his american dollars generating tourist revenue for our country... because he might show us his wang!'

    those countries are too broke to pass up an opportunity to make some money just to avoid having to see someone's johnson.


    Last edited by Zoot Allures on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Sponsored content

    Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

    Post by Sponsored content

      Similar topics

      -

      Current date/time is Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:20 pm