The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -

• Reply to topic

Ahem.......

Zoots Allures

Re: Ahem.......

Post by Zoots Allures on Thu May 24, 2018 8:31 am

Zero_Sum

Location : United States- Financial And Commercial Corporate Feudal Oligarchic Empire/Gulag Of Wallstreet

Post by Zero_Sum on Thu May 24, 2018 11:47 am

"I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death."

-Thomas Hobbes-

"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon Bonaparte

“To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.”― Marquis de Sade

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

"Republicans are red and democrats are blue, neither political party gives a flying fuck about you." - Unknown Origin

“In the architecture of their life some may display Potemkin happiness in view of hiding the dark features of their fair weather relationship, preferring to set up a window dressing of fake satisfaction rather than being rejected as emotional outcasts." Erik Pevernagie

Zoots Allures

Post by Zoots Allures on Thu May 24, 2018 4:27 pm

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda on Thu May 24, 2018 5:33 pm

is it too much to ask for some Elvis

Post by Barracuda on Thu May 24, 2018 5:36 pm

All philosophers are lower class or feel like it. Because an aristocrat looks to a philosopher as to a typing monkey.

One who is happy precisely with the world as it is needs no wisdom, and certainly no revolutions.

This is why people like Carnegie and Emerson don't reach that pitch of intensity and consequentiality that philosophers do, even though they may understand things in very elegant and righteous ways. They lack the need for heroic risks, and thats what philosophy is about, the big gamble with the future.

Zoots Allures

Post by Zoots Allures on Thu May 24, 2018 5:56 pm

Zoots Allures

Post by Zoots Allures on Thu May 24, 2018 6:23 pm

^^^

Faustian_Man

Post by Faustian_Man on Fri May 25, 2018 5:35 pm

We all crave and seek the Dionysian, no doubt, but such a thing can only be fully experienced as something that occurs within and contrasted against civilizational order. The notion of kink, taboo, all sorts of dark enticements, are only understood as contrarian rejection of orderliness, drudgery, and that is precisely why this sort of thing is so enticing. In a pure state of nature, the sheer struggle for survival, rape and mortal danger Chaos couldn’t be celebrated, or even understood, because there is no frame of reference, nor is there any recourse to justice, or any of the mechanisms that have permitted humans to achieve a measure of differentiation from our animal kin, their time is entirely consumed by necessity of survival, contemplative examination of life dynamics is unavailable in this situation. We need the Apollonian, that we might fully savor the lush grapes of Dionysus

Zoots Allures

Post by Zoots Allures on Fri May 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Faustian_Man

Post by Faustian_Man on Sat May 26, 2018 5:30 am

If this snippet of Alanis Moresette was directed at me, I can only say, how pedestrian! Someone I respect suggested that I post that comment in this thread, never in my wildest dreams did I anticipate being trolled, particularly asinine indeed. If I am targeted by a shambolic troll, hencfourth let my troll express an original thought! Skewer me by all means, but please don’t resort to such blatant plebeianism. Perhaps I’m in the wrong place.

Zoots Allures

Post by Zoots Allures on Sat May 26, 2018 11:40 am

If this snippet of Alanis Moresette was directed at me, I can only say, how pedestrian!

i know, right! and you know what else? that thing she does with her voice; "you-EW, you-EW, you-EW oughta know!" what the hell is that? the cranberries chick already does that. it's not right.

still, alanis warrants some respect because she did go to india, and was quite thankful of the experience.

If I am targeted by a shambolic troll, hencfourth let my troll express an original thought! Skewer me by all means, but please don’t resort to such blatant plebeianism.

i shant henceforth indulge thy adversary with reproach. nay, from this day forth shall i troll not, for with grace hast thou offered thyself and thy friendship. of foolishness no more shall i be the knave!

no seriously, relax, shakespeare, you're not being trolled. that audio wasn't directed toward you. it was 'randomly' (non metaphysically) posted. and rest assured, you are at the right place. this site is composed of some of the finest minds on the internet... all five of them. we are a cultured people with a vast array of intellectual interests.
Faustian_Man

Post by Faustian_Man on Sat May 26, 2018 11:44 am

Sry bro...I was loaded a few hours ago when I wrote that. I had just gotten home from work, whiskey was a factor, but mostly my misplaced ire stems from the fact that at my job, the Cranberries and Alanis Morsette songs are frequently blasted at levels approaching 120 decibels and after so many years of suffering through my own personal misfortune of being held hostage to the spectacle, the nerves fray, hence my drunken public outburst. Not a good look for a random interloper to make his introduction.
Zero_Sum

Location : United States- Financial And Commercial Corporate Feudal Oligarchic Empire/Gulag Of Wallstreet

Post by Zero_Sum on Sat May 26, 2018 10:54 pm

"I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death."

-Thomas Hobbes-

"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon Bonaparte

“To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.”― Marquis de Sade

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

"Republicans are red and democrats are blue, neither political party gives a flying fuck about you." - Unknown Origin

“In the architecture of their life some may display Potemkin happiness in view of hiding the dark features of their fair weather relationship, preferring to set up a window dressing of fake satisfaction rather than being rejected as emotional outcasts." Erik Pevernagie

Zoots Allures

Post by Zoots Allures on Sun May 27, 2018 1:46 am

Mitra-Sauwelios
Admin

Post by Mitra-Sauwelios on Sun May 27, 2018 2:08 am

Faustian_Man wrote:We all crave and seek the Dionysian, no doubt, but such a thing can only be fully experienced as something that occurs within and contrasted against civilizational order. The notion of kink, taboo, all sorts of dark enticements, are only understood as contrarian rejection of orderliness, drudgery, and that is precisely why this sort of thing is so enticing. In a pure state of nature, the sheer struggle for survival, rape and mortal danger Chaos couldn’t be celebrated, or even understood, because there is no frame of reference, nor is there any recourse to justice, or any of the mechanisms that have permitted humans to achieve a measure of differentiation from our animal kin, their time is entirely consumed by necessity of survival, contemplative examination of life dynamics is unavailable in this situation. We need the Apollonian, that we might fully savor the lush grapes of Dionysus

Good stuff. I even tend to think one should be as Apollonian, or as conservative of conventional morality, as possible, since the god Liber is like entropy, anyway: the loosening of custom tends to happen even without active effort on the part of society. And such loosening can be a good thing only insofar as the bow was strung. I must add though that Modernity, and already Platonism, is a special case: liberalism was paradoxically made law by them. We need an immoralised moralism to confound their moralised immoralism: the threat against humanity is now too great.

"The will to power takes the place which the eros--the striving for 'the good in itself'--occupies in Plato's thought. But the eros is not 'the pure mind' (der reine Geist). Whatever may be the relation between the eros and the pure mind according to Plato, in Nietzsche's thought the will to power takes the place of both eros and the pure mind. Accordingly philosophizing becomes a mode or modification of the will to power: it is the most spiritual (der geistigste) will to power; it consists in prescribing to nature what or how it ought to be (aph. 9); it is not love of the true that is independent of will or decision. Whereas according to Plato, the pure mind grasps the truth, according to Nietzsche the impure mind, or a certain kind of impure mind, is the sole source of truth." (Leo Strauss, Studies in Platonic Political Philosophy, "Note on the Plan of Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil".)

Zoots Allures

Post by Zoots Allures on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:16 pm

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0lWorrS4M3N

It looks as though you're letting go, Faustian man, and if it's real then I don't want to know.

Zoots Allures

Post by Zoots Allures on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:38 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:29 am