The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

The Pathos of Distance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -

+6
Zero_Sum
Satyr
Barracuda
Zoot Allures
Mitra-Sauwelios
encode_decode
10 posters

Ahem.......

Z13

Ahem....... - Page 16 Empty Re: Ahem.......

Post by Z13 Thu May 24, 2018 8:31 am

Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum

Location : United States- Financial And Commercial Corporate Feudal Oligarchic Empire/Gulag Of Wallstreet

Post by Zero_Sum Thu May 24, 2018 11:47 am

Z13

Post by Z13 Thu May 24, 2018 4:27 pm

Barracuda
    Barracuda

Post by Barracuda Thu May 24, 2018 5:33 pm

is it too much to ask for some Elvis
    Barracuda
    Barracuda

Post by Barracuda Thu May 24, 2018 5:36 pm

All philosophers are lower class or feel like it. Because an aristocrat looks to a philosopher as to a typing monkey.

One who is happy precisely with the world as it is needs no wisdom, and certainly no revolutions.

This is why people like Carnegie and Emerson don't reach that pitch of intensity and consequentiality that philosophers do, even though they may understand things in very elegant and righteous ways. They lack the need for heroic risks, and thats what philosophy is about, the big gamble with the future.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Thu May 24, 2018 5:56 pm

Z13

Post by Z13 Thu May 24, 2018 6:23 pm

^^^

Faustian_Man
    Faustian_Man

Post by Faustian_Man Fri May 25, 2018 5:35 pm

We all crave and seek the Dionysian, no doubt, but such a thing can only be fully experienced as something that occurs within and contrasted against civilizational order. The notion of kink, taboo, all sorts of dark enticements, are only understood as contrarian rejection of orderliness, drudgery, and that is precisely why this sort of thing is so enticing. In a pure state of nature, the sheer struggle for survival, rape and mortal danger Chaos couldn’t be celebrated, or even understood, because there is no frame of reference, nor is there any recourse to justice, or any of the mechanisms that have permitted humans to achieve a measure of differentiation from our animal kin, their time is entirely consumed by necessity of survival, contemplative examination of life dynamics is unavailable in this situation. We need the Apollonian, that we might fully savor the lush grapes of Dionysus
    Z13

Post by Z13 Fri May 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Faustian_Man
    Faustian_Man

Post by Faustian_Man Sat May 26, 2018 5:30 am

If this snippet of Alanis Moresette was directed at me, I can only say, how pedestrian! Someone I respect suggested that I post that comment in this thread, never in my wildest dreams did I anticipate being trolled, particularly asinine indeed. If I am targeted by a shambolic troll, hencfourth let my troll express an original thought! Skewer me by all means, but please don’t resort to such blatant plebeianism. Perhaps I’m in the wrong place.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sat May 26, 2018 11:40 am

If this snippet of Alanis Moresette was directed at me, I can only say, how pedestrian!

i know, right! and you know what else? that thing she does with her voice; "you-EW, you-EW, you-EW oughta know!" what the hell is that? the cranberries chick already does that. it's not right.

still, alanis warrants some respect because she did go to india, and was quite thankful of the experience.

If I am targeted by a shambolic troll, hencfourth let my troll express an original thought! Skewer me by all means, but please don’t resort to such blatant plebeianism.

i shant henceforth indulge thy adversary with reproach. nay, from this day forth shall i troll not, for with grace hast thou offered thyself and thy friendship. of foolishness no more shall i be the knave!

no seriously, relax, shakespeare, you're not being trolled. that audio wasn't directed toward you. it was 'randomly' (non metaphysically) posted. and rest assured, you are at the right place. this site is composed of some of the finest minds on the internet... all five of them. we are a cultured people with a vast array of intellectual interests.
    Faustian_Man
    Faustian_Man

Post by Faustian_Man Sat May 26, 2018 11:44 am

Sry bro...I was loaded a few hours ago when I wrote that. I had just gotten home from work, whiskey was a factor, but mostly my misplaced ire stems from the fact that at my job, the Cranberries and Alanis Morsette songs are frequently blasted at levels approaching 120 decibels and after so many years of suffering through my own personal misfortune of being held hostage to the spectacle, the nerves fray, hence my drunken public outburst. Not a good look for a random interloper to make his introduction.
    Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum

Location : United States- Financial And Commercial Corporate Feudal Oligarchic Empire/Gulag Of Wallstreet

Post by Zero_Sum Sat May 26, 2018 10:54 pm

Z13

Post by Z13 Sun May 27, 2018 1:46 am

Mitra-Sauwelios
    Mitra-Sauwelios
    Admin

Post by Mitra-Sauwelios Sun May 27, 2018 2:08 am

Faustian_Man wrote:We all crave and seek the Dionysian, no doubt, but such a thing can only be fully experienced as something that occurs within and contrasted against civilizational order. The notion of kink, taboo, all sorts of dark enticements, are only understood as contrarian rejection of orderliness, drudgery, and that is precisely why this sort of thing is so enticing. In a pure state of nature, the sheer struggle for survival, rape and mortal danger Chaos couldn’t be celebrated, or even understood, because there is no frame of reference, nor is there any recourse to justice, or any of the mechanisms that have permitted humans to achieve a measure of differentiation from our animal kin, their time is entirely consumed by necessity of survival, contemplative examination of life dynamics is unavailable in this situation. We need the Apollonian, that we might fully savor the lush grapes of Dionysus

Good stuff. I even tend to think one should be as Apollonian, or as conservative of conventional morality, as possible, since the god Liber is like entropy, anyway: the loosening of custom tends to happen even without active effort on the part of society. And such loosening can be a good thing only insofar as the bow was strung. I must add though that Modernity, and already Platonism, is a special case: liberalism was paradoxically made law by them. We need an immoralised moralism to confound their moralised immoralism: the threat against humanity is now too great.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:16 pm

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0lWorrS4M3N

It looks as though you're letting go, Faustian man, and if it's real then I don't want to know.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:38 am

Z13

Post by Z13 Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:52 pm

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:13 pm

kropotkin wrote:today I woke up, showered, shaved and off to work I go.....
    I spend 8 hours in a mindless grind of scanning items like
    cat food and deodorant and frozen meals and bananas
    and it was just like yesterday....and the day before....
    and every day for the last 11 years.....

As I engage in this nihilistic process, I grow old and weary....
    My days ahead are shorter then my days behind....
    How do I find comfort or relief in my days of mindless drudgery....
    How do I find peace of mind in these endless days of routine.....
    When do I find the release of my soul as my body is ground into dust....

I am tired... tired in mind, body and soul.. tired of life......
    my days are interchangable with every other day......
    with no means of escaping the daily monotony.....
    must I wait until death to set my soul free?

this is not unlike the myth of sisyphus, except instead of pushing a boulder up a hill, you're pushing del monte green bean cans across a scanner only to have them roll back on you. but to answer your concluding question; no, you don't have to wait. what you need to do is something outrageous, because if you've got nothing to lose, you've got nothing to lose by doing something outrageous. you need adventure, unfamiliar places and people, a complete change of environment. i say sell your house and everything in it, research foreign country currency exchange rates and travel abroad. but don't go to stockholm because nobody goes to sweden. you need a cheap country where you can turn your stacks into bigger stacks, maybe buy some citizenship and/or property, and spend all day in coffee shops and overcrowded buses touring cities, ruins, ancient cities, ancient ruins, and ruined cities where you can talk to the city's ancients. but don't ruin it for them... nothing's more cantankerous and depraved than ruined ancients. most of them don't even know america exists. don't tell them it does. you'll find other expats just like you who once worked in the produce section of some grocery store and were finally like 'fuck this'. i'm not kidding man, try it. what's the worst that could happen? typhus, maybe, but unlikely if you're careful. and watch out for pick-pockets. south-east asians have it down to a science.

somebody please tell kropotkin to read this. i know some of you sonsabitches snooping around here are from ILP... so be a good sport and tell him for me. kropotkin needs our help. look at the guy. he's a mess.
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:06 pm

I'm watching the bush funeral and eulogy stuff on CNN as a personal test. Wanna see how far I can make it without vomiting. It's not that I got something against bush. Like any other politican, he isn't important or interesting enough to evoke anything from me. I suppose what is so sickening about this spectacle is the sight of all these clueless people sitting in a church. The speakers go on and on about the so called accomplishments of bush, when in fact presidents aren't responsible for anything... they just take the advice of the economists and strategists that figure everything out behind the scenes. This nonsense goes on for thirty minutes... then they start talking about god. But there is no god, and if there was, it wouldn't have anything to do with this irrelevant rabble. It's hard to imagine how it's possible that such an important event and grand spectacle like this that has absolutely no real substance and is founded on so many lies and illusions, could even happen. Ah, and now here come the stupid little jokes the speakers tell to keep the mood up for the herd.... and of course the herd laughs on cue. Uh oh... a little bit of my sandwich just came up. Don't think I'll be able to make it.
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:17 pm

Lol... imagine how many people seated in the pews listening to these boring old men go on and on, are actually thinking "jesus when is this thing gonna be over." But they wouldn't dare tell anyone because they have to keep up that fake facade all public gatherings hide behind. Or maybe they aren't thinking this... maybe they're genuinely moved by this empty drivel. Music wouldn't be so bad if the gay ass choir would shut up. I'd probably make it ten minutes or so before I fell asleep. No seriously, I can tolerate orchestral music for a little while. It's better than country, that's for sure.
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:23 pm

Trumf's there in the front. He's had the intense, concentrated intelligent noble leader with great responsibility furrowed brow thing he always tries to keep on his face, the whole time. While bush jr. goes on and on, you know what trumf's thinking: when's lunch?

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:54 pm

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:46 pm

ahahaHA! you believe this shit... i just got attacked by a dog while jogging. medium-large mixed breed, looked like some shepherd and something else. he comes running down off the porch as i'm jogging by and gets behind me. first he's barking. i don't pay any attention to him. then he starts jumping on the back of my legs. i don't bother... reckon he'll stop any second if i just keep jogging and ignore him. once you've crossed their territorial boundary, they usually leave you alone. by now i'm a good 100 yards from the house he came from... but he doesn't turn back. then the fucker starts biting at my lower legs and heels. man i spun around and slapped that nigga so hard he did a 180. now i'm standing in the middle of the road like a crazy person talking to him; 'what? yeah. you better take your ass back to that porch and read some darwin, homeboy.' he didn't say a word, turned around, and staggered away with his head tilted to the left. that nigga's ear was ringing so loud he couldn't make heads or tails of anything. funny as shit. no hard feelings, though. he was doing his job, and what jogger doesn't kill him will only make him stronger.
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:37 pm

lordoflight wrote:Can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs, and as regrettable as it is they need to be made an example, that such poison will not be tolerated in a British society.

au contraire

oh wait you meant the egg shell? well why the fuck didn't you say that? fucking philosphers. asking them to speak clearly is like pulling teeth with these people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:11 am