The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

The Pathos of Distance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -

+6
Zero_Sum
Satyr
Barracuda
Zoot Allures
Mitra-Sauwelios
encode_decode
10 posters

Ahem.......

promethean75

Ahem....... - Page 17 Empty Re: Ahem.......

Post by promethean75 Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:29 pm

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=194630

The only 'hard problem' that exists is in my pants, but certainly not in the philosophy of mind. Read anything by peter hacker you can get your hands on.

(what a name. I wonder if there's any relation to lorena bobbit. She's a peter hacker too.)
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:46 pm

iambiguous wrote:Oh, indeed, but the chatty fellow I am most curious about is Zoot Allures. He also chose not to return to ILP -- after his stint in prison. Instead, he created his own forum. But the last time he "visted" that was 8 months ago. And now it is practically defunct.

I wonder if he ended up back in prison.

And better him back here than Turd. Turd was just another right wing objectivist to the best of my own recollection. Though clearly very intelligent and articulate at times.

bigs! it's me, baby! i'm zoot allures... i just changed my name cuz i'm pretty fuckin' promethean, what with the war against god and giving fire to man and being chained to a rock for eternity and all that.

no i'm out of prison, but i'm still an animal. you know what they say; you can take the man out of prison, but you can't take the prison out of the man. the stuff i've seen, bigs. juh-heezus. i didn't know human beings were capable of such things.

but seriously, you couldn't tell from the writing nuance that prometheus75 was zoot allures, or had you not read anything on the forum once you discovered i was no longer posting under the zoot allures moniker?

yeah i doubt I'll be joining ILP any time soon... but don't you worry. I'm never really lonely in my excentrifugal forz...

i still got your back though. you just send em over here and i'll sort em out.

the golden turd wrote:I never been to Africa, but did advise some technical issues involving a liquid tilt telescope to some boers in Angola, but they messed it up when they mixed Gallium (reflective liquid used as a mirror) with aluminum piping, which caused their telescope to literally melt. I thought they would use copper or plastic piping like everyone else, but live and learn.

tell this dumbass that everybody knows the boers use aluminum on altazimuth and equatorial mounts, and if their using a serrurier truss system as well, the vector sum of the paraboloidal shape won't be maximized unless they use aluminum. he's supposed to know this shit and advise them to galvanize the collimator with a mercurial coating, first.

christ i wish i'da known he was doing this. africa is already a mess. they don't need an ill-advised turd making things worse for them.
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:25 pm

http://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=2717003&sid=aa390a1f0f89fcf9f88ba3aedc870335#p2717003

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say someone who knows the secrets of the universe wouldn't be posting basketball and Pokemon videos. It just doesn't seem like the kind of thing an omniscient visionary genius would be interested in, but I could be wrong.
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:23 am

hexhammer from philosophy forums wrote:You are wasting your breath, most here has an IQ ranging from 70-100 which is insufficient to have an intelligent talk, even worse ..it's like this on all philosophy forums, happy cozy chatters babbling and raving all day and all nite!

Only 2 - 3 people have sufficient rational and IQ to have a descent debate!

As someone with an IQ of 89, I take offence to this. At least I know how to spell deesint.
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:48 pm

http://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=2717289&sid=62e2274e31d5dfa59409754c09536d21#p2717289

ecmandu wrote:I respond to you less, because you don't offer as much content from my vantage point ...

because guide wants responses and ecmandu knows guide wants responses, by not responding to guide, ecmandu is violating guide's consent and is therefore a rapist.

i'm using ecmandu's hyperdimensional infallible platonic logic of the five heartbreaks here, so i can't be wrong.

if you don't believe me, go to his youtube and watch video #174.
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:56 pm

professor satyr wrote:This is the last time I'll be repeating.

More empty promises!

I give you three days, max, before you say it again.

I'll believe it when I see it... or don't see it, rather.
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:49 pm

i must say i am somewhat alarmed by the prolonged absence of lyssa from the forums. i think this is unusual especially given her warlike nature; i think by now she would have attacked something, somewhere, somehow, at one of these forums or another. this leads me to believe that she's either undergone some kind of personal transformation that prevents her from going to forums in general - maybe she threw away her computer and moved to tibet -, or, she fell into a creek or something while paying homage to the nymphs that inhabit it. now i do understand that she and professor satyr had an 'episode', but i doubt anything that transpired between them could be so dire that she'd simply disappear from the forums. i had always thought they were a beautiful match made in hades, so whatever happened between them had to be pretty fuckin' sirius.

if anybody knows where, or if, she is, could you be a good sport and tell her we wonder about her?

if she's pulled an obi wan kenobi and allowed herself to be struck down, i'd like to know about it so i can begin conducting seances to contact her.

thanks in advance.
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:04 am

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Wed May 01, 2019 7:10 pm

hello hello hello hello??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm