The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

The Pathos of Distance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -

+2
witchdoctor
Zoot Allures
6 posters

the audio thread

promethean75

the audio thread - Page 4 Empty Re: the audio thread

Post by promethean75 Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:13 pm

http://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=194380

.... She's a beauty
    She's one in a million girls
    One in a million girls
    Why would I lie?
    Why would I lie?
    But don't fall in love
    'Cause if you do, you'll find out, ecmandu!
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:48 pm

Snoop puts lil dicky to work

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:29 pm

of all the reactions to 'professional rapper' by lil dicky, this one is the most lively and appreciative. the dude on the right is fully tuned in, hearing it right, knows how to hear it. watch his face and his eyes; you see quick and subtle changes in tone that follow to the second the movement and tone of the dialogue. in other reaction videos the listeners are slow, dull, aren't recognizing the nuance and idiosyncrasy. kid on the right is sharp and stays with it.

fast forward to 1:15

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:17 pm

observe. we always hear wealthy rappers bragging about being able to spend money so carelessly... then lil dicky comes along and completely reverses this concept....

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:11 pm

satyr wrote:i just know Negroes been doing this shit for decades and they haven't reached this level of lyricism.

Pfft. That triflin' ass white boy's shit is wack, nigga. He ain't got shit on slim shady or lil' dicky... or even that skinny cornball machine gun kelly, for that matter. You betta keep his ass out uh da hood, homeboy, and take him back to the suburbs. Consider this a warning.
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:35 am

For all the kanye West fans out there. Really, with a few minor adjustments, this rant would serve well to describe just about any mainstream pop star celebrity alive today. Our celebrity culture consists of narcissistic talentless people who, with the help of the media, over exaggerate whatever tedious drama is being currently manufactured at the time to give simple minded consumers something to be amused by. But once in a while you get a celebrity who actually believes (or do they just forget they're a joke?) their popularity is something genuinely granted by intelligent people who recognize integrity when they see it.

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:50 am

Wow. I hadn't ever seen footage of west in an interview before. In fact I can't recall having ever heard his music, either. He's a cRapper, right? All I know about him is through that plastic disaster Kim Kardashian I see on some lame reality show every time I turn on the tv. At any rate, having just seen a few bytes of him being interviewed I can say that this clown is such a joke it would be disingenuous to hate him. He's not even deserving of that; hate has too much depth. This guy might warrant a little contempt, but even that is too strong of a word I think.
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:24 am

of the cRap genre, biggie has always been one of my favorites. never was much of a tupac fan... something contrived about him... like he's trying too hard to be gangsta. i dunno. but there's something endearing about biggie, the overweight black guy who looks like a walrus and is so black he's almost purple... rising up from a small time crack dealer to become a successful cRapper for a while, then getting shot in a drive by; you can't say he didn't stay true to the form, right? but biggie's a great rapper from that period that marked the last stage of good cRap (insofar as it can be called good). he belonged to that era that existed before the genre was getting ready to go from bad to worse (enter the era of mumble rappers and auto tune).

why he hooked up with that cornball puff daddy, i dunno. must have been the connections. but biggie never belonged in the set of those who produced him.

this one would be good shit if puff daddy would shut the fuck up with his "uh-huhs" and "mmhms" and "come on". if i was in he studio during this recording i'd tape his mouth shut and lock him in the fucking janitor's closet.

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:21 pm

pat goes hard on trump and miscellaneous TV chat

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0acTjF9P3cf
    https://vocaroo.com/i/s1To18FVzRbz
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:11 am

Oh yessss, here we go, baby. This shit is on like voltron. Find a news outlet online and search for US diplomats under attack. In Cuba and china, several diplomats reporting strange illnesses, headaches, blurred vision, pets acting strangely, high and low frequency sounds....

We have just gone to the next level, my friends.

Come with me if you want to live.

*ties headband*

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1M3qVbLu6Yy

Last edited by promethean75 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:34 am

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwje1Y_9iePeAhVyhOAKHSc5CsUQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcnews.com%2Fpolitics%2Fnational-security%2Fmother-u-s-diplomat-hurt-health-attack-speaks-out-n938191&psig=AOvVaw2PZVolfhfl8y8FZY1GN9cP&ust=1542806971315005

This better not be a publicity stunt or something staged. I've been waiting for this moment since I first watched mad max beyond thunderdome back in the 80s. I've even got caches of weapons and supplies stashed at secret waypoints across the state. Im fucking stoked. This shit better be real. Where's Tina Turner cuz we're gonna need her.
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:40 am

^^^ me
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:14 pm

this is what happens when you're supposed to be reading lao tzu after dinner in your bedroom but are instead secretly listening to herbie hancock albums against your parent's wishes.

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Been on a hiromi binge. Move over Liszt, this bitch is totally blitzed. Classical, jazz, ragtime, western, blues, the whole gamut.

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:30 am

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:07 pm

whaaaaat? he re-released a live version of it on a 2016 album? Say it isn't so.

I cannot, for it is so.

He put it on a bonus disk in the deluxe set. Just found it. Oh yeah baby. Those other 'feel it comin in the air tonight' fans don't know nuttin bout this shit. This was a special treat for the old Brand X fans. And the motherfucker's still got it on the skins (lingo for 'drums'). Fuckin A he does... with his old british ass. Bloody good, phil.

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:06 pm

February, 2003: I was able to find out the true story of "The Ghost of Mayfield Lodge" directly from Percy Jones (bassist) , in his own words:
    Mayfield Lodge does exist, it's located in Shortlands in Kent, I lived there from about 1972 to 1977. It was originally a coach house for an estate that at some point was converted into a Flat (apartment). There were 3 of us living there, two of us were bass players and the other guy was a tech who worked for the Ministry of Defense, after a while we all started to hear strange things, though no-one actually saw anything (Thank goodness) .
    We later found out that a stable boy had hung himself in what used to be a hay loft, which had subsequently been converted into a bathroom. We assumed that the strange "goings on" were connected to him.

Go to 5:00. Listen to those harmonic bends percy is getting on the fretless bass. At 5:28 the bass sticks its tongue out at you and taunts "na na, na na na, NA NA!" lol.

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:18 pm

https://youtu.be/2Q_Hq-zDf2A

Damn that shit go hardenamawfucka!

But I never looked at cube the same after I saw him in a movie. Perhaps the worst actor I've ever seen. Rappers don't belong in cinema. It should be a violation of the laws of physics.

Last edited by promethean75 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:22 pm

still, y'all niggas already know what it is...

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:51 pm

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/11/the-neuroanatomy-of-freestyle-rap/265414/

Basically, what they noticed was that during freestyle, there were significant changes in the prefrontal cortex (credit where credit is due: Jonah Lehrer was spot on about this part of the brain being integral to the creative process). The areas implicated in processes like organization and drive were marked by an increase in activity, while those parts responsible for close self-monitoring and editing were deactivated. In this context, the authors explain, "self-generated action is freed from the conventional constraints of supervisory attention and executive control," allowing sudden insights, seemingly unbidden, to emerge.

In other words, in order to turn on their creative flow, the rappers had to switch off their inner critic. And in fact, the researchers believe that when they're freestyling, the artists are actually occupying an altered state of mind. A closer look at their brain activity reveals that an entire, unique network emerges during the process, one in which motivation, language, emotion, motor function, sensory processing and the representation of the artists' subject experience all interact in unusual ways to create the flow state.

let us study this phenomena: 6:10

i, myself, am completely incapable of free-styling and would not make it one measure before i lost it. my brain simply doesn't work that way. i imagine it can be learned through practice, but i also think some people are already wired to be able to do so easily. in any other circumstances the constraints the brain puts on the mediation of ideas and their verbalization are actually an asset to clearer thinking, and therefore organized speech. strangely enough these free-stylers are still able to pull it off without those areas of the brain being active (or as active).  

for what it is, there is much to be admired and there is certainly some talent there. if you disagree, try it yourself, and you will quickly see.

what's impressive is the syntactic and semantic depth of the free-style. when complex metaphors, simile, pun, double entendre, descriptive adjective and predication, and other rhetorical device is compressed together and put into a comprehensible plot line with a linear direction that rhymes on the fly, that's something. especially when these guys have very limited vocabularies. or wait, maybe that's it; having a brain that isn't packed with an extensive vocabulary frees up on board RAM and allows the processors to run faster.

p.s. and listen to how biggie even edits the curse words out as he freestyles. yeah.
    promethean75

Post by promethean75 Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:31 am

remember that time back in 76 when we took the el camino down to acapulco to pick up those five keys of coke for darryl? yeah you remember, how you were shakin' in your dungarees when marcel and his boys gave chase (0:00). i told you they couldn't catch my el camino, but you didn't trust me, did you tony? and when we drove through manzanillo that night (1:15) with the top down, watching the stars... the cool pacific air on our faces... i hadn't seen you so relieved in years.

when we finally make it to the resort in puerto vallarta to meet terrence for the transfer (2:32), i can see the dollar signs in your eyes, tony, waiting there in the car with the gold .38 in your lap. [ laughs ] tony 'two-toes' mcmurphy and his first run. you're always a little nervious on the first one, but i told you there was nuthin' to it, didn't i? darryl's gonna be pleased with ya, tony. now let's go hit the beach and spend some money, yeah?

and with that, marcus and tony, dressed in bell-bottoms and plaid shirts, drove toward the beach strip in the black 75 el camino, the setting sun light shimmering off the ocean that waited...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:47 am