improvisations

Barracuda

improvisations

Post by Barracuda on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:26 am

Zoot Allures

Re: improvisations

Post by Zoot Allures on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:55 am

it's about fucking time.

nice phrasing, and i like the organ there at the end. you like doing those little tremolos, too. they add an element of suspense to the music. all the old composers always used them during transitions and climaxes.

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:59 am

i'm gonna start calling you 'beathoven'.
    Barracuda

Post by Barracuda on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Ill try to make more.

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:09 pm

Thanks for providing a place for putting these things so I end up making them. I had no schooling and I don't read notes. Not sure what Im doing. https://vocaroo.com/i/s15COiKzjvG7
    I played this on a synth in an annoyed mood. I was about to delete it when I decided to put it in piano, then I found it quite pleasant.

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:13 pm

how are the keys arranged on the synth? are they linear like a piano, or clustered? the one my buddy paul had was clustered, but they were ordered by scale. it's more difficult to play if your a pianist, because you aren't used to locating the notes that way.

this was a roland synth. bad ass. you could put a bass line down, add horns, guitar, whatever (all kinds of sampled sounds), and then put a beat on it. it cost like 400, but this was what, fifteen years ago.

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:21 pm

that last one has small elements of blues and jazz in it, mixed with a classical structure. you do a little blues lick at :10.

at 1:01 you start a melody that is kinda bluesy-jazzy, too. 1:26 back into the classical.
    Barracuda

Post by Barracuda on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:46 pm

Yes I like blues a lot. Do you know Coleman Hawkins? He's a great saxophone player. I play the sax too even though there I don't know what Im doing either. Its hilarious, people believe Im an expert at jazz just because I time right and the sax cant produce painful dissonance. I mean its all pain, glorious pain. Lol. I love blues. Its the only music. A classical music is blues, or fascistic.

Its a 2 octave usb keyboard that has a normal piano arrangement. I use a switch to switch it to lower or higher octaves so you'll hear me descending and ascending but never plunge cords that span more than two octaves.

The synths as well as piano are patches or sample kits in Garageband, which has gotten pretty good. I can play around endlessly with the sounds, but in the end the piano is probably the coolest object ever made.  https://vocaroo.com/i/s1GmYfaaJ8yy

Car, piano, gun?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:21 pm