The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU
The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -

In which witchdoctor provides medicine

witchdoctor

In which witchdoctor provides medicine

Post by witchdoctor on Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:46 am

I've at times been accused of being acutely perceptive, thus I am training myself to trust what I feel.

I will post my feeling here in hopes that it will help, not harm.

Zoot Allures wrote:
    besides, he loves me, and that's the only way he knows how to express it.

What I feel is he does not love you, yet. He loves his creations deeply, and he loves the idea that you can carry them.
    He'll need to learn to think of you not as a bottle for his wine, but as the very ground from which the grape vines grow.

On your side, you stand to gain a brother, but you must refrain from harsh criticism. You would not call your own nephew ugly because that would be hurtful. You do not wish to be hurtful to a brother because of love.

Brothers love, and love begets kindness.
    witchdoctor

Re: In which witchdoctor provides medicine

Post by witchdoctor on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:22 am

Barracuda wrote:
    Yes. But it will come from you. Do you want to understand?

Yes. I want.

I can't teach, nor do I aspire to.

You may not aspire to it, but you can, and you do.

I am a philosopher of hell, for that is where we live.

We live in hell, but we are not hell. We are light.
    Barracuda

Post by Barracuda on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:15 am

witchdoctor wrote:
    Barracuda wrote:
    Yes. But it will come from you. Do you want to understand?

Yes. I want.
    I think this means you already know. And wish to explore this knowing.
    I am more than happy to accompany you.

I can't teach, nor do I aspire to.

You may not aspire to it, but you can, and you do.
    True, I have taught a handful of very great friends and beloved family, and these people have been able to drag themselves out of the typical swamps that we are all grown up in. But I will always be what I am, which is a man born under the war- and stormgods, as my mother and father before me and their mothers and fathers before them.

What I teach, first of all, is not to forgive laziness of the mind, as that sin begets the greatest and most wide spread and long-lasting miseries of all.

As soon as a mind proves to me to be willing to work, it will find me very agreeable.

I am a philosopher of hell, for that is where we live.

We live in hell, but we are not hell. We are light.
    This was my implication, good. And light, when it pierces the dark, tends to sting a bit at first, does it not?

Zoot Allures wrote:

What I feel is he does not love you, yet. He loves his creations deeply, and he loves the idea that you can carry them.
    He'll need to learn to think of you not as a bottle for his wine, but as the very ground from which the grape vines grow.
    This is perceptive.
    But not perfect. What I aspire to with VO is for people to realize that they are grape and vine and sun and soil and rain all at once. But I now such insights can't be taught or conveyed but just be gloriously discovered in a private moment. All I really do online is growing my own vine, shining my own sun, flowing my own waters, standing my own ground. I know there are many people that lurk and read and pick up some glimpses and in time will have their own private rebirths into a truer being. Ive seen several of such rebirths close to me by now. They burn away all hypocrisy around. I know my power is rather significant.

Ive already reached a more comprehensive perspective than I ever thought a human could. This is gods truth, I never figured I would know what I know now. I never figured the sweetness I enjoy now from the Earth was available for humans, even if I saw early on that it was for some animals.

In any case if I thought Zoot could be turned into a bottle, a vessel, I would be scared of him, disgusted by him as I am by all following folk. I know in such folk the worst scum of the Earth. I rather think of Zoot as a soil that grows many interesting plants, and of which I wonder if it can't also grow my type of vegetation; the World-Ash. And if it can not, then I will still, in passing, enjoy Zoots own plants. I do have love for him. But perhaps more for what I think he can become - exactly as you say.

On your side, you stand to gain a brother, but you must refrain from harsh criticism. You would not call your own nephew ugly because that would be hurtful. You do not wish to be hurtful to a brother because of love.

Brothers love, and love begets kindness.
    Most I ask is that he, and everyone else with a mind of some power, sharpens his mind on my formula, so as not to be as futile as human minds have been or centuries. I don't need him to be kind, I need him to be strong and honest. What good is dishonest kindness of a weak man?

Zoot is not weak. But that doesn't mean he wants to be strong.
    To be strong to what end?
    This world is too terrifying for men, on the whole, to want strength. "Strength is dangerous." - Hobbes and Locke.

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:15 am

Barracuda wrote:In any case if I thought Zoot could be turned into a bottle

ha! I am never going back!!

*vanishes*

Barracuda

Post by Barracuda on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:42 am

Haha, yes I do have love for Zoot. I love his valuing. He loves much in this world, he knows why he loves what he loves. That is the basis of nobility.

I do not mind if people do not initially dare to look me in the eyes. I only mind if they look nothing and no one in the eyes.

Post by witchdoctor on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:21 am

Zoot Allures wrote:

I see that now.

Barracuda wrote:
    [...] disgusted [...] as I am by all following folk. I know in such folk the worst scum of the Earth.

I don't need him to be kind, I need him to be strong and honest. What good is dishonest kindness of a weak man?

Fixed Cross wrote:
    Mitra-Sauwelios wrote:I'm currently reading Chögyam Trungpa's Cutting through Spiritual Materialism in a Dutch translation Johannes gave to me, via you, some fifteen years ago, and which I repeatedly almost didn't keep (I guess I'm finally ready for it). The word mededogen as used in that translation, which is probably just its translation of "compassion", I've only been able to accept or understand in the sense of gedogen, "tolerance", at least with respect to _myself_ (he speaks of "compassion on oneself"). This tolerance is a kind of patience, of pain or suffering--the duhkha of Binah (the Master of the Temple being the Master of the Law of Sorrow according to "One Star in Sight"); compassion with the passions of all sankharas.

This is too funny
    This is the most antichristian thing Ive ever ...

And yet, yes, I guess I have the very same.

It is no small feat to be tolerant of 7 billion people, considering all the things you know some of them are doing but even just the sheer number itself.

Compassion is much older than christianism, as you know Smile

Don't ask "what good is the dishonest kindness of a weak man?", for strength and honesty are not contradictory to kindness.
    Ask: what good is the honest kindness of a strong man?
    Honesty is an act of love, and kindness is a display of strength.
    One may be at once both kind and honest only when one can afford to do so.
    Love the truth, but love also the light in others.
    Love the scum of the Earth not as a sacrifice, but as a squandering. For the act, for yourself.

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:35 am

Barracuda wrote:I do not mind if people do not initially dare to look me in the eyes.

yeah, there's somethin' wrong here, there can be no denying. one of us is changing, or maybe we've just stopped trying.

and it's too late, jakob, now it's too late, though we really did try to make it. something inside has died, and I can't hide, and I just can't fake it, oh, no, no.
    witchdoctor

Post by witchdoctor on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:16 pm

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:44 pm

oh bologna. don't even try it. you don't listen to steppenwolf. you probably just googled the phrase 'it's not too late', and linked to whatever song came up.

but now that we're on the wolf, check this one out. we used to do this cover back when i lived in asheville. air tight, too. pretty simple on drums, but it's fun to play.
    witchdoctor

Post by witchdoctor on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:00 am

The drums are simple but they are my favorite thing about hey lawdy mama. That groove is sexy as fuck.
    Satyr

Post by Satyr on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:24 am

Doesn't the cosmos love you, Zoot?
    The question is: Do you love yourself?

Where there's life, there is hope.

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:18 am

WD, you're talking about the change at 2:36, right (or just the chorus part)? yeah, that's the jam. it 'struts', so to speak. what sucks is, it's a coda. i'da put that part into the chorus at least twice during the song.

goat, the cosmos can't 'love' anything, because it can't speak. and even if it could speak, could say the word 'love', we still wouldn't know what it would be like to be a cosmos that loved something.

we understand what the word 'love' means by the kinds of human and animal behavior we observe analogously to our own. we tacitly agree on its meaning by this observation.
    witchdoctor

Post by witchdoctor on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:02 am

GoatMan wrote:Doesn't the cosmos love you, Zoot?

The question for you, is "how many of your actions-words are motivated by resent?".
    I think that, if you reply, you will dress your reply with a coat of reasonable explanations, honorable intentions, all of the things you must tell yourself to justify keeping your resent, when in fact no explanations are necessary. Simply, you are attached to it.
    Consider the truth behind your motivation. Does your resent serve you, or do you serve it?
    Satyr

Post by Satyr on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:29 am

witchdoctor wrote:
    GoatMan wrote:Doesn't the cosmos love you, Zoot?

The question for you, is "how many of your actions-words are motivated by resent?".
    Fair question full of insinuations.

Here is my answer:
    Expressing yourself passionately can be a result of cold reasoning....inertly, expressing yourself with an air of indifference and coolness can be rooted in passions.

witchdoctor wrote:I think that, if you reply, you will dress your reply with a coat of reasonable explanations, honorable intentions, all of the things you must tell yourself to justify keeping your resent, when in fact no explanations are necessary. Simply, you are attached to it.
    Consider the truth behind your motivation. Does your resent serve you, or do you serve it?
    Consider my response as honestly as you can.

I see a virus infecting my family.
    Do I resent it? Do I only hate it?
    In times of weakness I succumb to this human passion. But it is fruitless to hate what can only be what it is....like Abrahamism.
    How do I deal with it?
    I study it, rationally....and combat it as best i can. I immunize myself from its infection.

My passion cannot affect my reasoning, otherwise my reaction will fail.
    Failure will expose my reasoning as being corrupted by emotion.

Hemingway wrote:Write drunk edit sober.
    Reason with as much cold indifference as you can muster....apply the result passionately.
    Hemingway advised the reverse because writing is about exposing yourself openly and as sincerely as possible....and for some of us this requires the quieting of reasoning, ego etc.
    But I'm not here to sell anything.
    When I write to expose myself to the world I use a different method than when I write to expose world to myself.
    The inverse is my Love Ontology.
    Exposing self and my reactions to world, to the world.....or that part that can understand my symbols/words, and that can relate to them.
    It's a joke for exposing men-children and wannabe Messiahs who passionately declare themselves this and that.

My true positions I reserve for those who are like me...and those I expose gradually, hoping to find those like me....I unfold and unpack them.
    I never declare them absolute indisputable truths...but superior. More probable metaphors.
    I never claim to be an ideal, a messiah,a genius, or whatever.
    I am a nothing and a nobody - outis....that's all you need to know.
    Beware of those who want to be more, to you, for you.

My attachment to my views are based on them being superior - tried and tested over decades, and yet to be reacted to with a superior alternative.
    Declarations, word redefinition, proclamations, are not arguments.
    I test my views by exposing them to you and others....expecting a challenge, wanting to find flaws to reevaluate and correct them.
    If I patronize it is when dealing with morons who come on-line with all sort of fantastic supernatural extraordinary proclamations...not with humility, but with a presumptive arrogance that idiocy does not deserve.

I admit...my theories are flawed...show me where and why.
    Let's work on it together.

First issue on the agenda is language.
    What is it?
    Why did it evolve?
    What's its utility, its function?
    Why are words important and why ought we to apply them with as much accuracy as possible?

Constantly deferring to authorities, constantly name-dropping, is what insecure pseudo-intellectuals do to hide their insecurities and their lack of confidence in themselves.
    That cultivation of an image. we all learned in our teen years. Highs-cool stuff: trash-talking, name-dropping, associations, popularity, he-said/she-said, being part of a cool clique, confused identity, resentment of mother and father...
    I mean constantly mentioning Nietzsche has become a joke....
    Like discussing with bible thumpers who constantly defer to Scripture and think a sentence beginning with "Jesus said...." means jack shit.
    witchdoctor

Post by witchdoctor on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:09 pm

A better metaphor. There is a virus infecting your family, and naturally you do not resent the virus itself, but what do you say of those walking into your house infected, and stating that indeed this virus is a gift?

Give two people a non-issue, such as whether a particular hue is blue or green, and they will bicker and fight about it until they hate each-other.
    The virus is an illusion, as well as all feelings generated by it. The virus, or its extinction, do not matter. The only thing that matters is how you relate.
    Satyr

Post by Satyr on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:13 pm

A virus can be a gift if you perceive it as a way of ridding the family of dead-weight, and inferior mutations.
    This is exactly how I view Abrahamism and VO and Affenctace...and any theory that is declaring the extraordinary, the whole, and delivering emotional arguments.

How I relate is determined by what I am.

What is language?
    A relating....the connection of the idea to the real. The world is indifferent to you and your relationships.
    It is up to you, YOU, to be in harmony with world...not world in harmony with your idiotic idealism and girly hopes.

You emerge from world, you are subjectivity interpreting objectivity, and it is you who must adapt your perspectives to world.

Post by Satyr on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:19 pm

Colour is how the mind interprets the phenomenon....how you react to it, what meaning you give it determines if you survive in world.....it is not arbitrary.
    You can call a horse a unicorn....it does not matter.

but if you choose unicorn it exposes YOUR motive...if you use horse it is more precise.
    In talking about life, existence, I choose 'unicorn' instead of horse, this choice does not expose something profound about the organism or the world it evolved within, but ti does expose YOU who choose it, against communication conventions, and with no reference to reality, against natural order.

This says something about YOU. Not the object of your analysis.
    I can justify the use of 'unicorn' instead of 'horse' using mysticism, allusion, magic, word nonsense....all to hide the intent.

Post by Satyr on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:22 pm

All sensual interpretations are how the mind translates the fluid world into static forms, into representatives.
    I wrote something on ti names Interactions & Interpretations.  
    These interpretations are not arbitrary or useless....they mean something.
    That a banana is green and not yellow or black, means something...it says something about the objective, the banana.

Form, shape, tone, crescendo, smell, scent, texture, all mean something.

If i change the name/symbol associated with that something it does not change that something.
    It does not matter if you call a n unripe banana red, or purple, or Bob.....it refers to the same phenomenon.
    it refers to a divergence in the cycle of a banana, which is useful information in relation to your nutritional needs.
    Ignoring this data will not make them go away.
    Renaming them will not alter their essence.

Last edited by GoatMan on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by witchdoctor on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:23 pm

GoatMan wrote:

What are you?

It is up to you, YOU, to be in harmony with world...

Are you in harmony with the world?
    Satyr

Post by Satyr on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:35 pm

witchdoctor wrote:
    GoatMan wrote:

What are you?
    Well I do declare sir....what an intrusive question, attempting to penetrate a poor woman into her depths. *sigh

For you, I am, or ought to be, a nothing and a nobody. The ideas take precedence.
    I am organism. An organization of organs, made of patterns, with specific functions....and the arraignment has manifested in a specific species, with specific personality traits.
    Psychology is the product of organ hierarchies.
    I am character, my public face, hiding this personae beneath social veneers.

I am a continuum - sum of all nurturing, all experiences, interactions held together by uninterrupted memory...and this is called Self.
    I am also an addition to this, from birth experiences stored as subconscious memories and ego the lucid part of this entire string of events...I call 'I'.
    I am ego/self/Self...

I am the sum of all past interactions that participated in my presence. I am past made present....through memory/experiences also called DNA.
    My nature is the sum of my nurturing....stretching beyond the moment before I was even conceived as a synthesis of two streams of memory uniting as one - 50%/50%.

witchdoctor wrote:
    No...because organism is in a constant antagonism with flux.
    It wants to stop its own disintegration.
    I am he who knows this, and doe not deny this...and still sees itself in relation to it.

One approaches harmony with world, as one approaches subjectivity to the objective.
    Degrees and intent make all the difference.

If I intend to see and report on existence as honestly, courageously as I can...I use the proper words in their proper application.
    If I pretend to intend this but really hide my true intent which is to be seen in a particular way....then my intent is exposed in my choice of alternate words.
    If I intend to be appear deep, sophisticated, incomprehensibly genius, then I will replace 'horse' with 'unicorn', and then use impressive, mystical, word-juggling to validate my choice...and human psychology to make the other buy into my pretenses.

My method will only fool the dullard, the desperate fuck, the infantile psychology, the needy woman...and the feeble cowardly self....nobody else.
    witchdoctor

Post by witchdoctor on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:52 pm

GoatMan wrote:
    witchdoctor wrote:
    GoatMan wrote:

What are you?

I am organism. An organization of organs, made of patterns, with specific functions....and the arraignment has manifested in a specific species, with specific personality traits.
    Psychology is the product of organ hierarchies.
    I am character, my public face, hiding this personae beneath social veneers.

I am also an addition to this, from birth experiences stored as subconscious memories and ego the lucid part of this entire string of events...I call 'I'.
    I am ego/self/Self...

This is the description of an animal, which is you.

I am a continuum - sum of all nurturing, all experiences, interactions held together by uninterrupted memory...and this is called Self.

I am the sum of all past interactions that participated in my presence. I am past made present....through memory/experiences also called DNA.
    My nature is the sum of my nurturing....stretching beyond the moment before I was even conceived as a synthesis of two streams of memory uniting as one - 50%/50%.

This is an allusion toward understanding life as a continuous flow, which is also you.
    Your present form is at once consequence and cause. Here there is wisdom.

Thus, you may say "I relate in such way because of what I am", or ...
    Do we have the power to say "I understand what I am, and thus I will not relate in such way"?

witchdoctor wrote:
    No...because organism is in a constant antagonism with flux.
    It wants to stop its own disintegration.
    I am he who knows this, and doe not deny this...and still sees itself in relation to it.

One approaches harmony with world, as one approaches subjectivity to the objective.
    Degrees and intent make all the difference.

If I intend to see and report on existence as honestly, courageously as I can...I use the proper words in their proper application.
    If I pretend to intend this but really hide my true intent which is to be seen in a particular way....then my intent is exposed in my choice of alternate words.
    If I intend to be appear deep, sophisticated, incomprehensibly genius, then I will replace 'horse' with 'unicorn', and then use impressive, mystical, word-juggling to validate my choice...and human psychology to make the other buy into my pretenses.

My method will only fool the dullard, the desperate fuck, the infantile psychology, the needy woman...and the feeble cowardly self....nobody else.

Living every day in a fight to slow disintegration, while at the same time remembering that you are destined for disintegration, is to be at harmony with the world.

Your report on existence is subject to your body, feeling, perceptions, consciousness, mental formations, all of which will dissolve with you at the end of your life.
    Others reports on existence are subject to their bodies, feelings, perceptions, consciousness, and mental formations, all of which will dissolve with them at the end of their lives.

Thus, every day, you fight, you argue, you bicker, you perpetuate suffering with base on disagreements over things that will dissolve in a few decades.
    If you realize the emptiness of it, you would not look upon another and call them dullard, etc, for the true power to transform rests, not in what you say, but in how you relate.
    Satyr

Post by Satyr on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:31 pm

[quote="witchdoctor"][quote="GoatMan"]
    witchdoctor wrote:
    GoatMan wrote:
    This is a description of organisms, also called animals, which is we.
    If you wish to claim a different identity, like spirit, magical being, god, alternate, say so openly.
    Human is a type of organism. What differentiates a cheetah from other organisms is what defines it: niche reproductive and survival strategy.
    What differentiates a primate named human from other animals is what defines it. What differentiate a member of a species from another member of the same species is what differentiates the species from other species.
    The difference separates...as light distinguishes and darkness creates illusions of uniformity.
    The occult cultivates smoke and mirrors to produce synthesis in darkness....obscurity, vagueness. its use of language exposes this motive.

We begin with the bottom and we move up.
    So far I've seen nothing from you to justify your arrogance in this area.
    All you do is allude...but this is your method to uncover, and to discredit.
    Here I am...waiting witchdoctor. Peer into my soul and cast your spells.

witchdoctor wrote:This is an allusion toward understanding life as a continuous flow, which is also you.
    Life is that flow connected by memory.
    That which we call life-less is that minus memory.
    Different words differentiate different kinds, types...it clarifies.
    Words used to distinguish degrees. Words to distinguish types.
    Consciousness is discrimination.

witchdoctor wrote:
    Do we have the power to say "I understand what I am, and thus I will not relate in such way"?
    Thus memory informs interactivity, converting it to behaviour.
    Having memory establishes precedent which I can use to not follow the path-of-least-resistance. What lacks life, will, can only interact and flow along the path-of-least-resistance.

Know Thyself is a necessary first step.
    Know as much of your continuum as possible, to determine what you are relative to other.
    Knowing is collecting data...understanding is perceiving patterns in the data....which are also patterns.
    A prerequisite to begin understanding self is to know self....it is not a guarantee. That takes an additional factor which is missing....courage, manifesting as integrity and honesty - acceptance of what you see, and no more or no less.
    A intelligent mind can be corrupted by fear.
    To understand self is to be aware of patterns you may or may not choose to alter.
    It is to know your potentials, as these have been determined by your past.

witchdoctor wrote:Living every day in a fight to slow disintegration, while at the same time remembering that you are destined for disintegration, is to be at harmony with the world.
    No it is awareness of your human condition.
    Life is always in conflict with Flux, for it is ordering, and flux is fluctuations, interactions producing disordering.
    This is what was referred to as 'resentment' and the ubermench he who has overcome this conundrum, and resentment of it....to be both a benefactor and a victim of time.  

witchdoctor wrote:Your report on existence is subject to your body, feeling, perceptions, consciousness, mental formations, all of which will dissolve with you at the end of your life.
    Others reports on existence are subject to their bodies, feelings, perceptions, consciousness, and mental formations, all of which will dissolve with them at the end of their lives.

Thus, every day, you fight, you argue, you bicker, you perpetuate suffering with base on disagreements over things that will dissolve in a few decades.
    If you realize the emptiness of it, you would not look upon another and call them dullard, etc, for the true power to transform rests, not in what you say, but in how you relate.
    I report on facts to then formulate solution, if and when possible.
    One being the reproduction of life.

Saying is relating. What words I choose to use exposes how I relate and how I react to this relationship.
    How I react to reality is different from how I relate.
    I can relate to a tiger, and react to it in antagonism...killing it before it kills me.

How I relate and react is psychology.
    What world is, is philosophy.  
    How I react uoght not infect my analysis of how I relate.
    I can react to world by changing the words to pretends I've changed it.
    My relationships do not change world, but only my fate within it.
    I can relate to it rationally and see it as it is, and I as I am relative to it.
    If I rename a horse a unicorn, or a tiger a pussy cat, this will not change what they are and how they relate to me and I to them.

witchdoctor

Post by witchdoctor on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:04 pm

GoatMan wrote:
    witchdoctor wrote:
    This is a description of organisms, also called animals, which is we.
    If you wish to claim a different identity, like spirit, magical being, god, alternate, say so openly.

Indeed, we. I did not mean to imply you, and not me.

Human is a type of organism. What differentiates a cheetah from other organisms is what defines it: niche reproductive and survival strategy.
    What differentiates a primate named human from other animals is what defines it. What differentiate a member of a species from another member of the same species is what differentiates the species from other species.  

In my own understanding of life, the differences are only degrees.

The difference separates...as light distinguishes and darkness creates illusions of uniformity.
    The occult cultivates smoke and mirrors to produce synthesis in darkness....obscurity, vagueness. its use of language exposes this motive.

Occult is neither darkness not light. It is that which has not been revealed.
    We want to reveal. We want light.

We begin with the bottom and we move up.
    So far I've seen nothing from you to justify your arrogance in this area.
    All you do is allude...but this is your method to uncover, and to discredit.
    Here I am...waiting witchdoctor. Peer into my soul and cast your spells.

I have no arrogance, I am at the bottom, I am serving you.
    You have all the power in this dialogue, which is the power to accept and reject.
    A doctor cannot heal, only life can heal. A doctor can only provide the medicine.

witchdoctor wrote:This is an allusion toward understanding life as a continuous flow, which is also you.
    Life is that flow connected by memory.
    That which we call life-less is that minus memory.

Thus memory informs interactivity, converting it to behaviour.
    Having memory establishes precedent which I can use to not follow the path-of-least-resistance. What lacks life, will, can only interact and flow along the path-of-least-resistance.

We cannot know this, and cannot assert this.
    We only barely understand our own memory, and how it relates to our conscious, subconscious, and unconscious, and how our non-conscious states affect our conscious states. To use that minuscule sample of knowledge to make assumptions about life is an invitation to ignorance.
    I will leave considerations about what is life aside, as they are not relevant to the subject of you.

The fact stands that a path of resistance is available to you.

Know Thyself is a necessary first step.
    Know as much of your continuum as possible, to determine what you are relative to other.
    Knowing is collecting data...understanding is perceiving patterns in the data....which are also patterns.
    A prerequisite to begin understanding self is to know self....it is not a guarantee. That takes an additional factor which is missing....courage, manifesting as integrity and honesty - acceptance of what you see, and no more or no less.
    A intelligent mind can be corrupted by fear.
    To understand self is to be aware of patterns you may or may not choose to alter.
    It is to know your potentials, as these have been determined by your past.

Yes, and then, what is to be done with this knowledge, is to decide whether or not to choose a path of resistance, to use your terminology.
    There are many aspects to a path of resistance. In this conversation I am directing my focus to only one: how you relate.
    What is, in relating to others, the path of resistance?

witchdoctor wrote:Living every day in a fight to slow disintegration, while at the same time remembering that you are destined for disintegration, is to be at harmony with the world.
    No it is awareness of your human condition.
    No... as in we disagree?

Life is always in conflict with Flux, for it is ordering, and flux is fluctuations, interactions producing disordering.
    This is what was referred to as 'resentment' and the ubermench he who has overcome this conundrum, and resentment of it....to be both a benefactor and a victim of time.  

Yes.

witchdoctor wrote:Your report on existence is subject to your body, feeling, perceptions, consciousness, mental formations, all of which will dissolve with you at the end of your life.

I report on facts to then formulate solution, if and when possible.
    One being the reproduction of life.

Saying is relating. What words I choose to use exposes how I relate and how I react to this relationship.
    How I react to reality is different from how I relate.
    I can relate to a tiger, and react to it in antagonism...killing it before it kills me.

How I relate and react is psychology.
    What world is, is philosophy.  
    How I react uoght not infect my analysis of how I relate.
    I can react to world by changing the words to pretends I've changed it.
    My relationships do not change world, but only my fate within it.
    I can relate to it rationally and see it as it is, and I as I am relative to it.
    If I rename a horse a unicorn, or a tiger a pussy cat, this will not change what they are and how they relate to me and I to them.

Relating and reacting are both actions associated with interaction.
    Changing words, though renaming a horse a unicorn is not a good example, can have a profound impact on how how to relate, because different words imply different meanings and different intentions.
    For example, I can approach you in this conversation by addressing you as my esteemed friend.
    I dare say that my relationships not only change my fate within it, but also the world. Not in an instant, by calling a horse a unicorn or an apple a pear, but by breaking a chain of rudeness and suffering which needs no help from me to perpetuate itself, as it is a path of least resistance.
    Satyr

Post by Satyr on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:35 pm

witchdoctor wrote:In my own understanding of life, the differences are only degrees.
    Degrees and their combinations establish type.

Life differs from non-life as it is a type of combination of patterns and iteration.
    Only life is conscious. Only some life is self-conscious.
    Each word if used precisely distinguishes a kind of combination of degrees or patterns of particular rhythms.

Pattern = order - vibrating/oscillating energy at a specific rhythm, interpreted as kind.
    Life = synthesis of specific kinds of patterns that have become balanced - unity.
    Balance = excess of attraction, relative to repulsion - or measure of harmony.
    Sometimes the excess repulsion between two patterns can be counteracted by the inclusion of a third - atom.

witchdoctor wrote:Occult is neither darkness not light. It is that which has not been revealed.
    Occult implies hidden complexity, secret knowledge, restricted to a few understanding...power accessible to the chosen few....often used to hide ignorance and motive. Like abstract art is often used by the talent-less to imply talent and depth.

witchdoctor wrote:I have no arrogance, I am at the bottom, I am serving you.
    You have all the power in this dialogue, which is the power to accept and reject.
    Classic...
    Will you dissect me with that blunt instrument, doctor?

Socratic method...

witchdoctor wrote:A doctor cannot heal, only life can heal. A doctor can only provide the medicine.
    The ill think their illness ought to heal health of its miserable virility.
    What I have is not something that I want healed.

witchdoctor wrote:We cannot know this, and cannot assert this.
    We only barely understand our own memory, and how it relates to our conscious, subconscious, and unconscious, and how our non-conscious states affect our conscious states. To use that minuscule sample of knowledge to make assumptions about life is an invitation to ignorance.
    I will leave considerations about what is life aside, as they are not relevant to the subject of you.
    Yes...we build probabilities, not certainties. No absolutes.
    Natural selection = survival of the fittest idea...unless some other will intervenes.  

witchdoctor wrote:The fact stands that a path of resistance is available to you.
    Obviously...as it is for all matter/energy which lacks consciousness.
    Behaviour in life is a product of habituation, and habituation is the product of cost/benefit where benefit exceeded cost.
    The environment is the standard....in manmade environment this can be used to adjust the consequences so as to promote a particular behaviour.

witchdoctor wrote:Yes, and then, what is to be done with this knowledge, is to decide whether or not to choose a path of resistance, to use your terminology.
    There are many aspects to a path of resistance. In this conversation I am directing my focus to only one: how you relate.
    The path taken (chosen) is determined by the projected object/objective.

witchdoctor wrote:No... as in we disagree?
    No, as in there is more.

witchdoctor wrote:Relating and reacting are both actions associated with interaction.
    Yes.
    (Inter)action = attraction/repulsion...which is a relationships or how two patterned or non-patterned energies relate.
    I use (re)act to indicate a choice. React in relation to.
    I relate to fire, I react to this relationship.  
    But why nitpick when we can use both words to indicate the same? Perhaps to clarify subtlety.

witchdoctor wrote:Changing words, though renaming a horse a unicorn is not a good example, can have a profound impact on how how to relate, because different words imply different meanings and different intentions.
    For example, I can approach you in this conversation by addressing you as my esteemed friend.
    I dare say that my relationships not only change my fate within it, but also the world. Not in an instant, by calling a horse a unicorn or an apple a pear, but by breaking a chain of rudeness and suffering which needs no help from me to perpetuate itself, as it is a path of least resistance.
    Changing your relationship with an organism that understands words, does not change the world.
    World is not humanity.
    Humanity is not world.
    I can immerse myself in pleasant, noncompetitive relationship with humans, suing pleasant words, but this will not change the world...only my lot in it...and only if I am dependent on them.  

The world is indifferent to what word I use to describe it, or how I relate to it.
    It only matters to me.
    I may affect myself by using certain words and not others, but this is a psychological effect.
    Words only affect organisms that have been trained to associate them with particular images, feelings, emotions, etc.

Using 'unicorn' instead of 'horse' is an attempt to fool myself and others....and it may be used, like I said, as a ruse to imply something that does not apply to horses and their behaviour.
    It indicates a motive other than clarity and honesty. A motive like being liked.
    witchdoctor

Post by witchdoctor on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:34 pm

GoatMan wrote:
    witchdoctor wrote:In my own understanding of life, the differences are only degrees.

Degrees and their combinations establish type.

Life differs from non-life as it is a type of combination of patterns and iteration.
    Only life is conscious. Only some life is self-conscious.
    Each word if used precisely distinguishes a kind of combination of degrees or patterns of particular rhythms.

You think of consciousness and of self-consciousness as something that one can have/not have, on/off, 0/1.
    I think of consciousness as an analog scale, with infinite points between .00...1 and 1.

The former is a way of thinking that divides (various types). The latter is a way of thinking that unites (one type, various degrees).

witchdoctor wrote:Occult is neither darkness not light. It is that which has not been revealed.

Occult implies hidden complexity, secret knowledge, restricted to a few understanding...power accessible to the chosen few....often used to hide ignorance and motive. Like abstract art is often used by the talent-less to imply talent and depth.

We humans have the same form, thus what is occult to one is occult to all.
    The greatest insight of those who are interested in the occult, is the awareness and acceptance that it exists.
    I do not possess greater knowledge than you. Only greater acceptance.

witchdoctor wrote:Yes, and then, what is to be done with this knowledge, is to decide whether or not to choose a path of resistance, to use your terminology.

The path taken (chosen) is determined by the projected object/objective.

Yes, and then, what is to be done with this knowledge, is to decide whether or not to choose a path of resistance, to use your terminology.

witchdoctor wrote:No... as in we disagree?

No, as in there is more.

Of course Smile

witchdoctor wrote:Relating and reacting are both actions associated with interaction.
    Yes.
    (Inter)action = attraction/repulsion...which is a relationships or how two patterned or non-patterned energies relate.
    I use (re)act to indicate a choice. React in relation to.
    I relate to fire, I react to this relationship.  
    But why nitpick when we can use both words to indicate the same? Perhaps to clarify subtlety.

Relation = inter-action
    Reaction = re-action

Reaction is a piece of relation. In relation there is input and output, give and take. Reaction is output.

Changing your relationship with an organism that understands words, does not change the world.
    World is not humanity.
    Humanity is not world.
    I can immerse myself in pleasant, noncompetitive relationship with humans, suing pleasant words, but this will not change the world...only my lot in it...and only if I am dependent on them.
    The world is indifferent to what word I use to describe it, or how I relate to it.  

It only matters to me.
    I may affect myself by using certain words and not others, but this is a psychological effect.
    Words only affect organisms that have been trained to associate them with particular images, feelings, emotions, etc.

Using 'unicorn' instead of 'horse' is an attempt to fool myself and others....and it may be used, like I said, as a ruse to imply something that does not apply to horses and their behaviour.
    It indicates a motive other than clarity and honesty. A motive like being liked.

You are conflating two diferent things.
    As I said, you can't make an apple taste like a pear by calling an apple a pear. There has been no implication to that effect.

You speak of psychological as though it exists outside of nature.

Being as you are inserted in a chain of causes and consequences, everything you do influences the events from then on. This is where your transformative power rests, in the influence you exert upon the causal chain.

witchdoctor wrote:I have no arrogance, I am at the bottom, I am serving you.

Classic...
    Will you dissect me with that blunt instrument, doctor?

Socratic method...

I am sorry if I gave off the wrong impression.
    Once again, I approach you most humbly.

witchdoctor wrote:A doctor cannot heal, only life can heal. A doctor can only provide the medicine.

The ill think their illness ought to heal health of its miserable virility.
    What I have is not something that I want healed.

The addict does cling to its vice as though the substance itself defines him.
    If your judgment has been made, here I will take my bow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 pm