The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -

• Reply to topic

In which witchdoctor provides medicine

witchdoctor

Re: In which witchdoctor provides medicine

Post by witchdoctor on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 am

GoatMan wrote:
witchdoctor wrote:How is one to treat a person who talks of the loss of reason and nobility, and yet spends his living time and energy making a mockery of the noblest of feelings?
In the same way one treats a romantic idealist lost in feelings?

One is not noble when it shows compassion to a stunted mind declaring itself god.
This is misdirected nobility.
Nobility recognizes what is worthy and gives its love and loyalty and compassion to that.
Nobility is discriminating. Not a whore disseminating its whore's love to one and all.
Nobility values its love and compassion and loyalty too much to squander it.

By this reasoning, upon seeing that you have created this account for the purpose of trolling, insulting, and mocking, perhaps I should not waste my nobility on you.
I would do well to remove myself from this conversation in which I am being repeatedly insulted by a person who does not even know me, and with whom my only experience is that of being ignored, and receiving aggressiveness.
Perhaps I should place you on my ignore list and forget that you ever existed.

Perhaps instead I will instead refrain from a hasty judgement such as that, and learn to recognize what is worthy in you, and give my love, loyalty and compassion to that.

By following the latter path already I am exercising compassion and it is no sacrifice, for those who have enough love in themselves, such that they can afford to squander it, are not quick to judge.

witchdoctor wrote:One that behaves as a disrespectful child ought to be treated as such.

To find all that is wrong in the world, all one needs to do is to look at himself.
When I am surrounded by simpletons, I do not resist them, trying to change what they are....as when I am in the midst of a sheep herd.
I go their way, gradually aiming for the periphery where I may extricate myself, or I enjoy their companionship, for a while.
Their white warmness can be pleasant.

One who molds his behaviour to that of his audience is ignoble when his audience is ignoble.
That which is noble cannot be ignoble.

Is matter emanating love?

No, not in my belief. In my belief matter does not emanate feelings.
Matter emanates life. Life produces feelings.
The feeling of life of matter is suffering.

If compassion can save the world, then will all be made the same if the same nurturing is applied uniformly?
Will we create a Utopia of love, if we love all indiscriminately and equally, making no prejudiced judgments?  
Will a good family raise the same kind of good boy and girl?

If all were created the same and at the same time, there would be uniformity, but nature is not so.
All that exists is constantly transforming, such that there is creation and destruction at an infinite number of levels, scales, and possibilities.
There will be no Utopia, for as some reach maturity, others have only just been born.
All must first walk the path of suffering, suffer pain, and reject it.
Satyr

Post by Satyr on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:51 am

witchdoctor wrote:By this reasoning, upon seeing that you have created this account for the purpose of trolling, insulting, and mocking, perhaps I should not waste my nobility on you.
I would do well to remove myself from this conversation in which I am being repeatedly insulted by a person who does not even know me, and with whom my only experience is that of being ignored, and receiving aggressiveness.
Perhaps I should place you on my ignore list and forget that you ever existed.

Perhaps instead I will instead refrain from a hasty judgement such as that, and learn to recognize what is worthy in you, and give my love, loyalty and compassion to that.
You can do as you wish. I've already taken residence in your mind.
You've made a first step towards discriminating.
Compassion, loyalty, love, kindness, can be directed towards all, if there is no cost.
A whore loves all for the right price. A slut for no price at all. She gives herself to all, equally and indiscriminately.
Is she noble?
Is compassion a transforming priciple?

To the few it can be directed with no consideration of cost.
One's own.  
My judgments are fast, but not shallow....I sense, intuit spirit.
I recognized yours from the little you said about metaphysics...and life emanating from matter, like spirit emanates from body.

This was solidified by your opinion that compassion, indiscriminately given, is a remedy, a healing.
You are Abrahamic, or some sort of romantic idealist...a New Age hippie.
Make love not war maaaaan.

witchdoctor wrote:One who molds his behaviour to that of his audience is ignoble when his audience is ignoble.
Yes...so why be noble to what is not?
Nobility is appreciation of other....recognition of what is superior.
It is discriminating...not Christian love that all deserve and that will magically correct the world's woes.
Compassion solves nothing...it is a form of self-comforting, and it can lead to reciprocal kindness which is useful in social environments...but not necessarily.
It is a social necessity based on reciprocity.  
If I am kind to my dog, it will be nice to me, and it will make me feel good...but it will not stop it from being a dog.

What will I eat if I am compassionate to all? What will I make suffer with my insatiable need to live?

witchdoctor wrote:No, not in my belief. In my belief matter does not emanate feelings.
Is all matter is alive?
Did all elements emerge simultaneously, or just matter and life? Do stones live?
If elements are combinations of matter, or kinds of matter, then what is life in relation to matter?

witchdoctor wrote:If all were created the same and at the same time, there would be uniformity, but nature is not so.
All that exists is constantly transforming, such that there is creation and destruction at an infinite number of levels, scales, and possibilities.
There will be no Utopia, for as some reach maturity, others have only just been born.
All must first walk the path of suffering, suffer pain, and reject it.
Suffering automatically produces nobility?
But then, we must reject it, and not become nobler?
If I make you suffer, by insulting you, does this test your faith, does it ennoble you?

Utopia is possible, and this will come only after all mature?
Is maturity code for....'become like you'?

So life did not emerge with matter, otherwise matter and life would be a uniformity....but matter transformed into life.
witchdoctor

Post by witchdoctor on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:56 pm

GoatMan wrote:This is not a joke, it is a serious question....
Can compassion, as you understand it, create uniform outcomes?

Can we heal the world of its inequalities, its conflicts, using compassion?
If we are compassionate to a less intelligent person, will he become a genius?
Can we stop a terrorist, infected with the mental disease, infested with the psychological parasite, named Islam, with compassion?

Can we apply this broadly to other species?
Can we raise apes, for example, to the level of humans if we treat them with kindness?
Are all natural divisions the product of a lack of compassion?
Is suffering the result of this lack?

It can create a uniform outcome, but the living population is not uniform.

You can create uniform green by mixing yellow and blue, but if there is a constant addition of yellow and blue, there is always some blue and some yellow and some green.
This is not a very good metaphor because it is very easy to produce a uniform green with paint. But if you can think of the colors not as liquid paint, but as a very hard boulder, such that there is a great effort to grind these solids into powder and slowly combine them to produce green, while there is still more and more of the blue and yellow boulders being piled up for mixing.
You would reach uniformity someday only if creation-transformation ever stopped. That is not so. At any given time, there are the most varied shades of green between yellow and blue, and the most varied sizes of grain from boulder to powder. With the process of producing green as difficult as it is, mostly large pieces of yellow and blue remain.
Please understand this as it is a metaphor, and only that.

GoatMan wrote:If you humour weakness on the ground that you feel compassion for its deplorable state, you let it flourish and grow, and eventually you are drowned by it, while you expect it to reciprocate for the compassion you gave it.

This altruism is what is going to make European men extinct.
This compassion is drowning European peoples in seas of brown immigration.
Universally applied love, and compassion is a weakness.
We would die of starvation if we felt compassion for every living thing.
Survival is about focused emotions.

We do not let weakness flourish by giving compassion. We provide it the means to be nurtured it to a state of strength.
Satyr

Post by Satyr on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:08 pm

witchdoctor wrote:
Yes, but should it create uniformity? Uniformity is the ideal, right?

witchdoctor wrote:You can create uniform green by mixing yellow and blue, but if there is a constant addition of yellow and blue, there is always some blue and some yellow and some green.
To a species with the visual acuity of a human, yes, green is uniform. To an eye that can see more, there is no such thing.
Uniformity needs distance....a bit of muddled sight.
At a distance the different seems similar. Less data available to differentiate.

witchdoctor wrote:Please understand this as it is a metaphor, and only that.
My simple mind understands.
For you uniformity is desirable. It is like saying Utopia, or Paradise.

witchdoctor wrote:We do not let weakness flourish by giving compassion. We provide it the means to be nurtured it to a state of strength.
Yet, Muslims flee their war torn homes and do not seek refuge in neighbouring states, they do not seek compassion in their own brethren, but seek it in Europe.
Eventually our compassion will eliminate us, and make Europe a Muslim continent. Shall we nurture them to enough strength to take us out? Shall we also arm them, train them, and expose our necks and buttocks?

I am no slut. Sometimes I'm a whore...but I never give it away for nothing.
You can be what you like.
I value my love and compassion, and loyalty too much to give it away to everyone indiscriminately, and for no reason.
The world cares not for your compassion, unless you tell me it also emanates it.

Compassion is a social survival emotion, evolved to facilitate cooperative unities.
Empathy is not sympathy, no more than it is automatically antipathy.
You projecting yourself into another being, to feel its pain, is you feeling what you would feel in its place. What you feel is about you...altruism is selfish.

Nobility is discrimination.
Christian.
witchdoctor

Post by witchdoctor on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:24 pm

GoatMan wrote:
You can do as you wish. I've already taken residence in your mind.
You've made a first step towards discriminating.
Compassion, loyalty, love, kindness, can be directed towards all, if there is no cost.

There is always a cost, but in that currency I am very very rich.

A whore loves all for the right price. A slut for no price at all. She gives herself to all, equally and indiscriminately.
Is she noble?

A giving of the body is not love, and it is not compassion.

Is compassion a transforming priciple?

Absolutely, yes. The most transforming principle.

To the few it can be directed with no consideration of cost.
One's own.  

Where I am able to see even a particle of myself in others, I love that particle, and they are my own.

My judgments are fast, but not shallow....I sense, intuit spirit.
I recognized yours from the little you said about metaphysics...and life emanating from matter, like spirit emanates from body.

Once again, you say that matter arranges itself in a particular way that causes life to emerge, and in the same sentence, you call that absurd.
I think that you are confused in your own definitions.

This was solidified by your opinion that compassion, indiscriminately given, is a remedy, a healing.
You are Abrahamic, or some sort of romantic idealist...a New Age hippie.
Make love not war maaaaan.

The ideas of which I speak precede the birth of Abraham by over 3000 years.
You may call me whatever you wish. I call myself a keeper of ancient wisdom.

witchdoctor wrote:One who molds his behaviour to that of his audience is ignoble when his audience is ignoble.
Yes...so why be noble to what is not?
[/quote]

Because one is noble.
Gold cannot transform itself into brass, and then back into gold.
Gold can only be gold. If gold could be brass, it would then be called brass, and not gold.

Nobility is appreciation of other....recognition of what is superior.
It is discriminating...not Christian love that all deserve and that will magically correct the world's woes.
Compassion solves nothing...it is a form of self-comforting, and it can lead to reciprocal kindness which is useful in social environments...but not necessarily.
It is a social necessity based on reciprocity.  
If I am kind to my dog, it will be nice to me, and it will make me feel good...but it will not stop it from being a dog.

I do discriminate. I abhor your conduct. Your behavior repels me.
What is noble in me fights that repulsion and seeks what is noble in you.

What will I eat if I am compassionate to all? What will I make suffer with my insatiable need to live?

I have never asked myself this question, and I don't have an answer for it.
What I can say is that I always give, and I have never gone without.

witchdoctor wrote:No, not in my belief. In my belief matter does not emanate feelings.
Is all matter is alive?

Did all elements emerge simultaneously, or just matter and life? Do stones live?
If elements are combinations of matter, or kinds of matter, then what is life in relation to matter?

I can't answer that. I can't understand what it is to be a rock. I can only understand what it is to be human.
I do know that both rock and human are made of the same things, and nothing else.
Thus I understand that whatever is in me which produced life, is also in a rock.
You can understand that to mean that a rock is alive, if you want to really, really stretch the meaning of my words. It does not matter to me. (No pun intended.)

Once again. Shall we speak of these things in the metaphysics forum?

Suffering automatically produces nobility?

No, its rejection does.

But then, we must reject it, and not become nobler?

I believe so.

If I make you suffer, by insulting you, does this test your faith, does it ennoble you?

Yes. Suffering is the great teacher. This form of existence, in suffering, is an ocean in which we must learn to swim so that we can reach the other shore.

Utopia is possible, and this will come only after all mature?

To say that utopia is possible would be to ask for a stop to the eternal flow of existence.

Is maturity code for....'become like you'?

Haha, no.

So life did not emerge with matter, otherwise matter and life would be a uniformity....but matter transformed into life.
Not with. From. Yes.
Satyr

Post by Satyr on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm

witchdoctor wrote:
There is always a cost, but in that currency I am very very rich.
Oh my...sir. or lady. I'm sensing female...I always did rely on the kindness of strangers.
*bats eyes

witchdoctor wrote:Absolutely, yes. The most transforming principle.
A challenge then to test the power fo compassion.
There is a miserable wretch from ILP who has followed me here, because she is obsessed with me.
She goes by the name iambiguous...but I call her cAnus.
Give her your fathomless compassion...for whatever amount of years it takes, before Godot arrives to take her....and let us see her transformed by it.
Good luck, and be strong.

witchdoctor wrote:Where I am able to see even a particle of myself in others, I love that particle, and they are my own.
So selfish your compassion is.
You project...and so for you empathy is automatically sympathy.
You do not see other...you see yourself in the other's predicament.

witchdoctor wrote:Once again, you say that matter arranges itself in a particular way that causes life to emerge, and in the same sentence, you call that absurd.
I've said what I have to say on that mater...I will not repeat.
I use 'emerge' as the synthesis of the patterns. It begins, let us say, or emerges as a synthesis of two memories combining.
I said life is only life when it has memory. Matter does not automatically have memory...but is ordered to create memory.

witchdoctor wrote:The ideas of which I speak precede the birth of Abraham by over 3000 years.
Indeed, because they emerged in social organisms, to facilitate heterosexual reproduction which then evolved into social cooperative groups.
Lust became love, as a mechanism to deal with the already evolved fight/flight mechanism.
If this does not make sense to you, is not 'down to earth' then so be it.
Either return to your superstitions, or offer a better explanation that refers to empirical phenomena.
Natural selection in ideas as well.....and no in your head ideals.
Those I can also fabricate and make them all pretty and soothing.

witchdoctor wrote:Because one is noble.
Gold can only be gold. If gold could be brass, it would then be called brass, and not gold.
Nobility is about being generous with what is deserving, what is superior.
Nobility is not prostitution.

witchdoctor wrote:I do discriminate. I abhor your conduct. Your behavior repels me.
I reserve that for my own kind.
What is love worth or loyalty or kindness when it is given to all?

witchdoctor wrote:I have never asked myself this question, and I don't have an answer for it.
Reciprocity.
Do you understand why this is not mystical but part of evolution?

witchdoctor wrote:I can't answer that. I can't understand what it is to be a rock. I can only understand what it is to be human.
Yes...and what you know of being human is what differentiates it from being a cow, or a cloud, or a stone?
Differences differentiate. Differences distinguish.
You can find similarities in everything if you blind yourself enough. At a great distance a cow looks like a horse.
A green wall looks uniformly green. Metal looks smooth and solid.

witchdoctor wrote:I do know that both rock and human are made of the same things, and nothing else.
Thus I understand that whatever is in me which produced life, is also in a rock.
You can understand that to mean that a rock is alive, if you want to really, really stretch the meaning of my words. It does not matter to me. (No pun intended.)

Once again. Shall we speak of these things in the metaphysics forum?
Haven't we?
I told you my positions about patterned and non-patterned energies.
Do I claim all is the same because all is pattern? No.

witchdoctor wrote:No, its rejection does.
All life rejects suffering...is all life noble?
What does the absence of suffering do to the organism?
It atrophies, grows soft and degrades.
Need/Suffering is like a flame that burns one to melt or to form and cool stronger.

Nobility is not the absence of suffering...it is enduring suffering to degrees others cannot.

witchdoctor wrote:Yes. Suffering is the great teacher. This form of existence, in suffering, is an ocean in which we must learn to swim so that we can reach the other shore.
Yes, so a reduction in stress, in need/suffering produced atrophy, weakness, stupidity....gullibility and so on.

witchdoctor wrote:To say that utopia is possible would be to ask for a stop to the eternal flow of existence.
Or to hope for an end to need/suffering.

witchdoctor wrote:Not with. From. Yes.
Ah, so life and matter emerged together.
This is your solution to life.
You simply declare it as synonymous to existing.
And you believe you are not a Christian?
witchdoctor

Post by witchdoctor on Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:02 am

GoatMan wrote:
witchdoctor wrote:

Those who seek an ideal, in doing so, fail to attain it. Rather, one must concern oneself with the path.
Never to become, but always toward becoming.

In the words of neurologist Viktor Frankl, which are better than mine, when speaking of happiness as an ideal:
Viktor Frankl wrote:Happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue, and it only does so as the unintended side effect of one's personal dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one's surrender to a person other than oneself.

witchdoctor wrote:You can create uniform green by mixing yellow and blue, but if there is a constant addition of yellow and blue, there is always some blue and some yellow and some green.
To a species with the visual acuity of a human, yes, green is uniform. To an eye that can see more, there is no such thing.
Uniformity needs distance....a bit of muddled sight.
At a distance the different seems similar. Less data available to differentiate.

Metaphors are typically flawed if they are extended beyond their intention to clarify an idea.

witchdoctor wrote:Please understand this as it is a metaphor, and only that.
My simple mind understands.
For you uniformity is desirable. It is like saying Utopia, or Paradise.

Once again, not quite, as that would put an end to the eternal flow of existence.

witchdoctor wrote:We do not let weakness flourish by giving compassion. We provide it the means to be nurtured it to a state of strength.
Yet, Muslims flee their war torn homes and do not seek refuge in neighbouring states, they do not seek compassion in their own brethren, but seek it in Europe.

This is false.

The only European country in the top 10 list of refugees per capita is Sweden. In 2015 it was listed as having 14.6 refugees per 1000 citizens.
Compare that with Lebanon, which listed 209.

From the UN:
Of all countries, Turkey sheltered the greatest number of refugees, hosting 2.8 million by mid-2016. It was followed by Pakistan (1.6 million), Lebanon (1 million), Iran (978,000), Ethiopia (742,700), Jordan (691,800), Kenya (523,500), Uganda (512,600), Germany (478,600) and Chad (386,100).
http://www.unhcr.org/news/latest/2017/2/58b001ab4/poorer-countries-host-forcibly-displaced-report-shows.html

Most people are not eager to leave their most loved ones behind, or the comfort of their culture, to live as a member of marginalized section of a society, no matter how wealthy it might be. They do so because they are desperate, and all of the neighboring countries are already saturated with refugees.

Eventually our compassion will eliminate us, and make Europe a Muslim continent. Shall we nurture them to enough strength to take us out? Shall we also arm them, train them, and expose our necks and buttocks?

Fight them, and they will fight you.
Kill them, and they will kill you.
The only result of rejection and violence, is rejection and violence.

I am no slut. Sometimes I'm a whore...but I never give it away for nothing.
You can be what you like.
I value my love and compassion, and loyalty too much to give it away to everyone indiscriminately, and for no reason.
The world cares not for your compassion, unless you tell me it also emanates it.

Once again, I do discriminate, and I most definitively have a reason.
You cannot speak for the world, as the world is not an uniform mass that is the same as you.

Compassion is a social survival emotion, evolved to facilitate cooperative unities.
Empathy is not sympathy, no more than it is automatically antipathy.
You projecting yourself into another being, to feel its pain, is you feeling what you would feel in its place. What you feel is about you...altruism is selfish.

...so?
Satyr

Post by Satyr on Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:34 am

witchdoctor wrote:

Those who seek an ideal, in doing so, fail to attain it. Rather, one must concern oneself with the path.
Never to become, but always toward becoming.[/quote]There is no choice in the taking of a path....there is only choice in which path.
Only life has this choice, and the path is given by its past as the most compatible.

witchdoctor wrote:In the words of neurologist Viktor Frankl, which are better than mine, when speaking of happiness as an ideal:
Viktor Frankl wrote:Happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue, and it only does so as the unintended side effect of one's personal dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one's surrender to a person other than oneself.
As a man who is content, I can tell you happiness, like you insinuate it, is undesirable. Happiness is stagnation.
Giving yourself to a cause gives you a sense of purpose. It invigorates.

witchdoctor wrote:Metaphors are typically flawed if they are extended beyond their intention to clarify an idea.
or when they do not refer to observable phenomena.
They become meaningless or self-referential and useless if not for this connection to the real.

witchdoctor wrote:Once again, not quite, as that would put an end to the eternal flow of existence.
Exactly...so what we call contentment is the state where an individual has sufficient energies to deal with the stress of existing.
Existence is senses as need/suffering. Contentment is this reduced to tolerable levels or to levels that no longer register consciously.

witchdoctor wrote:This is false.

The only European country in the top 10 list of refugees per capita is Sweden. In 2015 it was listed as having 14.6 refugees per 1000 citizens.
Compare that with Lebanon, which listed 209.
But if Liberal cultural Marxists, like cAnus, had their way....they wold welcome them by the tens of millions.

witchdoctor wrote:Most people are not eager to leave their most loved ones behind, or the comfort of their culture, to live as a member of marginalized section of a society, no matter how wealthy it might be. They do so because they are desperate, and all of the neighboring countries are already saturated with refugees.
Yes...we can empathize, but not sympathies. When they are welcomed into the host country and begin feeding on its welfare system they become rapists demanding their rights to establish Sharia law and so on.
Too much sympathy kills the host.
Merkel wanted to invite millions of them into Germany, until the right set a limit.....Germany would have been overrun and in a few generations it would have ceased being German.
Trudeau in my country wants the same....open border, welcome them all in. these people could not establish a system in their own lands, when they go to other countries they tear it apart and reduce it to a state they fled.
An inferior mind cannot adapt to a superior complex system. It lacks the understanding. it can be integrated to do lower grade menial work as a cog...but not to run complexity. If it could it would have established it in its own homeland.
Haitians cannot run an Anglo-French system. Invented and run by them for centuries.

witchdoctor wrote:Fight them, and they will fight you.
Kill them, and they will kill you.
The only result of rejection and violence, is rejection and violence.
Yes...and fighting is life.
Who my enemy is distinguishes me. There is no peace in nature.
Natural selection is warfare...life is agon, struggle.

witchdoctor wrote:Once again, I do discriminate, and I most definitively have a reason.
You cannot speak for the world, as the world is not an uniform mass that is the same as you.
I can speak of what I see...not what I imagine or fantasize, or hope.

witchdoctor wrote:...so?
So...to know what the other thinks and feels does not necessarily mean you sympathize.

Post by witchdoctor on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:06 am

witchdoctor wrote:Absolutely, yes. The most transforming principle.
A challenge then to test the power fo compassion.
There is a miserable wretch from ILP who has followed me here, because she is obsessed with me.
She goes by the name iambiguous...but I call her cAnus.
Give her your fathomless compassion...for whatever amount of years it takes, before Godot arrives to take her....and let us see her transformed by it.
Good luck, and be strong.

Sure.
Though he has not followed you here. He was invited here by Zoots.

witchdoctor wrote:Where I am able to see even a particle of myself in others, I love that particle, and they are my own.
So selfish your compassion is.
You project...and so for you empathy is automatically sympathy.
You do not see other...you see yourself in the other's predicament.

If you have a problem with this, then you are the Christian, not me.

witchdoctor wrote:Once again, you say that matter arranges itself in a particular way that causes life to emerge, and in the same sentence, you call that absurd.
I've said what I have to say on that mater...I will not repeat.
I use 'emerge' as the synthesis of the patterns. It begins, let us say, or emerges as a synthesis of two memories combining.
I said life is only life when it has memory. Matter does not automatically have memory...but is ordered to create memory.

Do you think that a bacteria has memory, but a virus does not?

witchdoctor wrote:The ideas of which I speak precede the birth of Abraham by over 3000 years.
Indeed, because they emerged in social organisms, to facilitate heterosexual reproduction which then evolved into social cooperative groups.
Lust became love, as a mechanism to deal with the already evolved fight/flight mechanism.
If this does not make sense to you, is not 'down to earth' then so be it.
Either return to your superstitions, or offer a better explanation that refers to empirical phenomena.
Natural selection in ideas as well.....and no in your head ideals.
Those I can also fabricate and make them all pretty and soothing.

Empirical explanation is OK with me. Use it.
If natural selection selected compassion to help us live together, then let us use it to help us live together.

witchdoctor wrote:Because one is noble.
Nobility is about being generous with what is deserving, what is superior.
Nobility is not prostitution.

I agree.
Where I disagree is that I don't believe there is a single person on this planet who is garbage.
There is something deserving and superior inside every living thing.
That is what I love, not the mud surrounding it.

witchdoctor wrote:I do discriminate. I abhor your conduct. Your behavior repels me.
I reserve that for my own kind.
What is love worth or loyalty or kindness when it is given to all?

It is the most worthy of feelings, because it allows me to see through your suffering.
I know that your intention is good. Noble.
You are just terrible in how you proceed, because you are reflecting suffering, reacting to it.
You don't see that you are the cause of the very thing you want to fight.

witchdoctor wrote:I have never asked myself this question, and I don't have an answer for it.
Reciprocity.
Do you understand why this is not mystical but part of evolution?
Of course Smile
You'll remember my mentions of cause and effect.

witchdoctor wrote:I can't answer that. I can't understand what it is to be a rock. I can only understand what it is to be human.
Yes...and what you know of being human is what differentiates it from being a cow, or a cloud, or a stone?
Differences differentiate. Differences distinguish.
You can find similarities in everything if you blind yourself enough. At a great distance a cow looks like a horse.
A green wall looks uniformly green. Metal looks smooth and solid.

...and?

witchdoctor wrote:No, its rejection does.
All life rejects suffering...is all life noble?[/quote]

Yes! At least in part, even if a very tiny part.

What does the absence of suffering do to the organism?
It atrophies, grows soft and degrades.
Need/Suffering is like a flame that burns one to melt or to form and cool stronger.

Nobility is not the absence of suffering...it is enduring suffering to degrees others cannot.

Yes!
To resist it, reject it, and not feed it back into the causal chain.
Suffering needs no help from you.

witchdoctor wrote:Yes. Suffering is the great teacher. This form of existence, in suffering, is an ocean in which we must learn to swim so that we can reach the other shore.
Yes, so a reduction in stress, in need/suffering produced atrophy, weakness, stupidity....gullibility and so on. [/quote]

There's no need for you to worry about running out of suffering Smile
The experience of living is an experience of suffering.
Consider the human. A baby's first experience in this world as an individual is that of being ripped from a place of warm and quiet comfort, from the constant sound of mother's heartbeat. It is an experience of separation. Even though the mother immediately surrounds the baby with love and comfort, his life will forever be marked by that separation, and forever he will have inside him a yearning to re-connect.

witchdoctor wrote:To say that utopia is possible would be to ask for a stop to the eternal flow of existence.
Or to hope for an end to need/suffering.

I do not think about the ideal. Only about the path.

witchdoctor wrote:Not with. From. Yes.
Ah, so life and matter emerged together.
This is your solution to life.
You simply declare it as synonymous to existing.
And you believe you are not a Christian?
[/quote]

NOT WITH.

FROM.
Satyr

Post by Satyr on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:58 am

witchdoctor wrote:
Sure.
AND?
Will you or will you not put your principle of compassion to the test?
Heal the wretch of its wretchedness.

witchdoctor wrote:If you have a problem with this, then you are the Christian, not me.
I have a problem with your Christian...all deserve love and compassion indiscriminately.
Do as you say...do not preach. Practice what you preach.

witchdoctor wrote:Do you think that a bacteria has memory, but a virus does not?
Is a virus not a living organism?
A primitive form of this process towards higher organizations?
Memory is a form of iteration.

witchdoctor wrote:Empirical explanation is OK with me. Use it.
If natural selection selected compassion to help us live together, then let us use it to help us live together.
I've explained my positions on love and compassion, and how and why they evolved and how and why they are only found among social organism practicing heterosexual reproduction.
You either get it or you do not.
I'm not going to repeat myself endlessly.
You either have a challenge or you only declare emanating spirits and esoteric forces. .

witchdoctor wrote:I agree.
Where I disagree is that I don't believe there is a single person on this planet who is garbage.
Even a flu virus has its place.
Just not in my body.

Uncontrolled reproduction makes the herd ill.
Mutations compound with additional mutations that are unfit.

witchdoctor wrote:It is the most worthy of feelings, because it allows me to see through your suffering.
You are just terrible in how you proceed, because you are reflecting suffering, reacting to it.
I think you are clueless....as you only project yourself.
You have no idea...because you think i think need/suffering is bad. I am not looking to eliminate suffering, dear. That's you projecting.

witchdoctor wrote:...and?
Figure it out.
No uniformity...only diversity.

witchdoctor wrote:Yes!
Suffering is not a thing, dear...it is not caused by Satan.
It is life experiencing its existence. It reduces it by becoming stronger, more tolerant. It doesn't eliminate it.

Sheesh, what a christian.

witchdoctor wrote:I do not think about the ideal. Only about the path.
I am the path and the way....bow before me, come beneath my glory, and follow.

witchdoctor wrote:NOT WITH.

FROM.
Your saying the exact same thing i am but you are suing words to then insert your Christian beliefs.

Matter does not emanate life...it can be organized to emanate life, as it can be organized to become stone, gold, silver...water.
What is emanating is excess attraction, due to a surplus,,,,within harmonious patterns interacting where repulsion is exceeded by attraction.
The organism emanates this field of affect, as James would say....a field of attraction/repulsion.

Matter is a word defining what patterns vibrate/oscillate at a faster rhythms to that of the perceiving mind's metabolic or cellular diastolic/systolic rhythms. The mind interprets this slowness, in relation to itself, as solidity, matter....and interest fastness, in relation to itself, as energy....or lower levels as liquidity as gas.
Matter is not a magical substance that emanates life.

Post by witchdoctor on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Satyr wrote:
witchdoctor wrote:
Sure.
AND?
Will you or will you not put your principle of compassion to the test?
Heal the wretch of its wretchedness.

witchdoctor wrote:
Sure.

I'll give him my time as I would to any of my friends here, even you.

witchdoctor wrote:If you have a problem with this, then you are the Christian, not me.
I have a problem with your Christian...all deserve love and compassion indiscriminately.
Do as you say...do not preach. Practice what you preach.

Not indiscriminately. I have already made that clear.
I am doing as I say right now.

witchdoctor wrote:Do you think that a bacteria has memory, but a virus does not?
Is a virus not a living organism?
A primitive form of this process towards higher organizations?
Memory is a form of iteration.

So you agree with me that there are things which are not considered alive by a scientific definition, but which present such characteristics as to seem like they are on a path toward higher organization. Not devoid of life, but alive on a much more rudimentary level of the scale.

witchdoctor wrote:Empirical explanation is OK with me. Use it.
I've explained my positions on love and compassion, and how and why they evolved and how and why they are only found among social organism practicing heterosexual reproduction.
You either get it or you do not.
I'm not going to repeat myself endlessly.
You either have a challenge or you only declare emanating spirits and esoteric forces. .

If you don't want to repeat yourself, why do you repeat yourself after I've said that is OK with me?

witchdoctor wrote:I agree.
Even a flu virus has its place.
Just not in my body.

When you can't reason with whatever is harming you, just protect yourself, and let them carry on, in their own way. They will learn one way or another. There is time.

witchdoctor wrote:It is the most worthy of feelings, because it allows me to see through your suffering.
I think you are clueless....as you only project yourself.
You have no idea...because you think i think need/suffering is bad. I am not looking to eliminate suffering, dear. That's you projecting.

Not at all. You can not infer that from anything I said. I've called suffering a great teacher.
Suffering is not bad. Suffering is not a thinking entity which is capable of choice. It can't be good or bad.
Those who disseminate, perpetuate, and grow suffering act badly, but they are also not bad, themselves. They are simply adrift. Like you.

You are attached to you suffering as a means of valuing yourself. You say I suffered, I overcame through my grit, but your pride and your pain both are passing things. They are an illusion. The only thing that remains is what you cause.

witchdoctor wrote:...and?
Figure it out.
No uniformity...only diversity.
There is both. There is an infinite variety of instances of the same thing.

witchdoctor wrote:Yes!
Suffering is not a thing, dear...it is not caused by Satan.
It is life experiencing its existence. It reduces it by becoming stronger, more tolerant. It doesn't eliminate it.

Sheesh, what a christian.

From what do you infer that I think suffering is a thing caused by satan?
Are you reading what I am writing, or are you replying to someone else?
Read the above, on suffering.

witchdoctor wrote:I do not think about the ideal. Only about the path.
I am the path and the way....bow before me, come beneath my glory, and follow.

Mockery dully noted Smile
You remind me of a kid who comes to introduce me to some cool new music, and I have to tell him that that's a shitty cover from an awesome song from the 70s Smile
Compassion, and the path, are much much older than christianism. There is a greater time distance between the onset of these ideas and christianism, than there is between the onset of christianism and today.

witchdoctor wrote:NOT WITH.

FROM.
Your saying the exact same thing i am but you are suing words to then insert your Christian beliefs.

Kindly, you need to learn to read.
NOT WITH.
FROM.

Matter does not emanate life...it can be organized to emanate life, as it can be organized to become stone, gold, silver...water.
What is emanating is excess attraction, due to a surplus,,,,within harmonious patterns interacting where repulsion is exceeded by attraction.  
The organism emanates this field of affect, as James would say....a field of attraction/repulsion.

If I may as, what does "emanating excess attraction" mean?
What is "due to a surplus". Surplus of what, "excess attraction"? How does matter acquire a surplus of excess attraction? Attraction of what?
What does it mean to say that an organism emanates a field of attraction/repulsion?

Were these words put together to explain, or to obscure?

Feel free to post your answer in the metaphysics forum.

Matter is a word defining what patterns vibrate/oscillate at a faster rhythms to that of the perceiving mind's metabolic or cellular diastolic/systolic rhythms. The mind interprets this slowness, in relation to itself, as solidity, matter....and interest fastness, in relation to itself, as energy....or lower levels as liquidity as gas.

Yes, sure. Also matter and energy are the same.

Matter is not a magical substance that emanates life.

You just said that matter can be organized to emanate life.
Once matter is organized, and then it is emanating life, does it become magical to you then?
Or is it all the same matter?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:20 am