The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

The Pathos of Distance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -

+6
Zero_Sum
Satyr
Barracuda
Zoot Allures
Mitra-Sauwelios
encode_decode
10 posters

Ahem.......

Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum

Location : United States- Financial And Commercial Corporate Feudal Oligarchic Empire/Gulag Of Wallstreet

Ahem....... - Page 4 Empty Re: Ahem.......

Post by Zero_Sum Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:00 pm

Zoot Allures wrote:alright man, but you better not chicken out on me. i've got weapons and ammo, cans of baked beans, peanut butter and tuna fish, camping gear, and every issue of better homes and gardens from 2007 to 2010, stashed in a cache waiting for us.

Just know that I won't be on either coastal area when it happens where I plan on illegally crossing over into Canada's backyard.

When we reach the next world war coastal areas will become irradiated from both nuclear attacks and too many nuclear plants in the area. Wink Alberta Canada is my final destination.

You need to get out of the east coast region as soon as possible.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:00 pm

the golden turd just sent me another PM. it better be something about how horrible saully is or some quotes from sextus empiricus, or i ain't reading it.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:19 pm

nah, i'm good. the only potential nuclear missle targets near me are norfolk naval base and fort bragg. each blast radius is far enough away for me to have time enough to escape the radiation. i'll be on my way west to the rocky mountains minutes after it's announced on the news. while everybody else is scrambling to make sense of the destruction and chaos all around them, i'll be drivin' west bound interstate 40 with a smile on my face and this on my mp3 player.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:36 pm

If only patterns did not repeat themselves so predictably, helping me doubt them with more conviction.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 pm

elsewhere jakob wrote:In my understanding it is actually Alfred Rosenberg who is responsible for the whole nazi mythology, the Aryan angle, the symbolism and all that.

rosenberg is but a small piece of the spiritual foundations of the third reich.

the greatest influences are: fichte, hegel, treitschke, gobineau, wagner, nietzsche... and especially chamberlain.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:19 am

http://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=193935

this is a man's world, urgod, but it wouldn't be nuthing......NUTHIIIING, without... a woman or a girl.
    Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum

Location : United States- Financial And Commercial Corporate Feudal Oligarchic Empire/Gulag Of Wallstreet

Post by Zero_Sum Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:53 am

Zoot Allures wrote:

nah, i'm good. the only potential nuclear missle targets near me are norfolk naval base and fort bragg. each blast radius is far enough away for me to have time enough to escape the radiation. i'll be on my way west to the rocky mountains minutes after it's announced on the news. while everybody else is scrambling to make sense of the destruction and chaos all around them, i'll be drivin' west bound interstate 40 with a smile on my face and this on my mp3 player.

There is only a few places in the United States that are safe from intercontinental nuclear missiles. If you must stick with Colorado I suggest sticking with the northwestern region of the state. Ultimately though you would want to relocate to the northern most corridor of central Canada eventually. Nuclear fallout in terms of global air jet streams is a bitch to contend with.

For me the safest states to be in are Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, western Montana, and Idaho. Everybody and everywhere else is fucked.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:09 am

so you're telling me these people will be the only one's left to carry mankind and civilization into a new future?

Ahem....... - Page 4 MxLgNDO

i'm writing korea and the middle east, and telling them to target the midwest first, dude. this is unacceptable.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:36 pm

White trash will and should be absorbed into Abrahamism, and Nihilistic ideology - secular and religious.
    The parasite will cull them out of the gene pool.
    I am happy when I see morons like UrGod and Ollie being collected and dominated....infected by the virus.  
    Zombies are the cleansing of the gene pool after centuries of uncontrolled and sheltered reproduction.
    Genetic cleansing is essential....the Jews went through ti during the second war and Europeans went through it twice.
    The second (last) time the enlightenment is what this cleansing produced.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:09 pm

we're replacing some water-damaged sub flooring today for an older dude who is a live-in landlord. he rents two rooms in the house out.

immediately it was obvious this guy is gay (or at least bi). he's an alcoholic too. got the flushed red face and the slight shakes. retired, plays golf.

so i'm getting the feeling this guy is putting the 'signals' out for me, today while working. you know how you can tell a gay dude is flirting with you... trying to get you to realize he's gay without outright saying it? yeah, that's what he was doing. he's putting these signals out for me and waiting for me to verify, acknowledge, and confirm. so i'm doing my best not to mislead him... say anything that would make him think i'm gay.

around noon we're all (three of us) walking down the stairs to eat lunch- boss returned with bojangles- and as i round the corner, i accidentally put my hand on his as i reach for the stair rail.

he stops in mid step and looks back at me, his eyes bright and friendly. so i'm like 'oh fuck, what did i just do', right?

so i'm all nervous and i go 'sorry man, i didn't see your hand there', and he goes 'oh that's alright', and smiles. but he just stands there, and john reaches the bottom and keeps walking.

now we're alone. holy christ i'm in trouble. so i'm waiting for him to continue walking down the steps, but he doesn't. fuck man, i can't go around him, so i just stand there. it was inexplicably awkward.

i gotta tell ya, his hand was warm and soft, though. maybe i didn't mind so much, you know? i mean he's a nice guy and all.

i dunno man. it was weird.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:52 am

You should have done the deed and made a lifelong friend.
    You need friends.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:28 am

turd gave me some friendly advice in a PM just now. he said i don't have to caress the velvet wand, and that i don't have to put out the red light.

but like i told turd, when this guy asked me to install some wood, i had no idea THAT was what he was talking about. i'm a little shaken up man. this is all so unfamiliar to me.

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:48 pm

the golden turd has given me considerably unsound advice concerning my recent encounter with the gay homeowner, in a PM. he suggests that if this person has connections in the court systems which could get my record expunged, i should consider the following:

If you rub your body in Vaseline and wear only your tool belt and hard hat, calling for him while jumping up and down on his bed, you can make all your legal problems potentially vanish over night.

the reason why this is unsound advice is because if i jump up and down with my tool belt on, my tools would fly out. there would be nails and screws and everything else all over the bed and floor.

i'm going to disregard this advice on that account.
    Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum

Post by Zero_Sum Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:22 am

Zoot Allures wrote:so you're telling me these people will be the only one's left to carry mankind and civilization into a new future?

Ahem....... - Page 4 MxLgNDO

i'm writing korea and the middle east, and telling them to target the midwest first, dude. this is unacceptable.

I'm living in the midwest now doesn't mean I want to be here forever. Canada is my final destination when the shit hits the fan. Sure there are a lot of hicks and such here in the midwest but still better than the east, southwest, or west coastal areas.

For the most part small townsfolk keep to themselves and it is quiet unlike the bullshit of most American urban populations.
    Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum

Post by Zero_Sum Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:28 am

Zoot Allures wrote:the golden turd has given me considerably unsound advice concerning my recent encounter with the gay homeowner, in a PM. he suggests that if this person has connections in the court systems which could get my record expunged, i should consider the following:

If you rub your body in Vaseline and wear only your tool belt and hard hat, calling for him while jumping up and down on his bed, you can make all your legal problems potentially vanish over night.

the reason why this is unsound advice is because if i jump up and down with my tool belt on, my tools would fly out. there would be nails and screws and everything else all over the bed and floor.

i'm going to disregard this advice on that account.

Yeah, I'm not going to interject myself in that conversation. Suspect
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Fuck man, I need a phone tech. I logged in and changed the page view to desktop so I could get to my PMs, and now I can't get back to the Android phone view of the forum... which is better because I don't have to zoom in and out.

This is turd's fault.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:04 pm

i'm buying this bike for $1500. i couldn't pass it up. a 2008 suzuki GSX R600 in this condition with less than 7,000 miles on it is worth almost four times that. and if i decide not to keep it... i'll flip it. i mean sell it for more than i paid... not get into an accident and send the bike into somersaults. pun intended.

so it's a 600... but i prefer a 600 over a 750 or greater. those bikes are too heavy, have worse gas mileage, and far more power than i'll ever need. they are less agile and harder to handle, as well.

but there is no power lacking in this one; it maxes out at 170, the tachometer registers a blistering 18,000 rpms, and you ain't red-lining until 16,000. if you need anything more than that, you're either being chased by a cop on a kawasaki ninja, or in a helicopter.

it also has 'modes' which are toggled by a switch. in one setting, you get more low end power... in the other, less. this switch acts as a governor on the engine.

all the reviews i've read are good, and nobody seems to have any objections to its style or performance unless they simply want a bigger bike. you know how they are; even though they'll never need a 750 or more, they still think owning one will make them cooler.

eventually i wanna get a sport-tourer. these crotch rockets aren't very comfortable on long drives.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:08 pm

^^^ son.of.a.bitch.

well folks, looks like i won't be getting the bike afterall. turns out, it was a fucking scam. me, being a craigslist noob, had no idea. now i knew the asking price was incredibly low, but i just thought maybe the person was very wealthy and didn't need much money for it, or naive, and didn't know the bike was worth much more.

here are our email exchanges over the last couple days:

helena wrote:Hi there,

Glad you are one of the people interested in buying my 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600 is available and the final price is $1,500.00. Only 6,875 miles. One owner. I have a clear title, free of any liens or loans on it, under my name. Very good shape, no issues, very well maintained. The tank and body panels look like new and there are no dings, dents, tears, or scratches. Everything is working properly, runs and drives as it should. Bike has been garaged kept and in mint condition. I have all the documents, service records, owner's manuals and will come with it.
    I'm selling it because my husband died three months ago in a car accident. The bike belonged to my husband and it brings me bad memories, so I want to sell it as soon as possible. The bike was never driver, since he died and it was stored properly. Trying to start a new life, moved back to my hometown in Omaha, NE, got a new job and many other things have priority now, so this bike has to go. If you are interested in buying my bike, feel free to email me at any time. Also, I've attached you some more pictures with the bike to this email.

Thank you very much and hope to hear from you soon,
    Helena Carter

zoot wrote:Can I come look at it tomorrow? I'll come prepared to buy it with cash, then.

Let me know when's the best time/day to come by.

Thanks,

Brian

then i got nervous. i thought she had already sold it:

zoot wrote:did you sell the bike already? i ask because someone flagged your craigslist ad for removal, and it no longer appears.

helena wrote:Hi Zoot,

Like i said in my previous email, after my husband died, I moved back to my hometown Omaha, NE, got a new job, trying to start a new life. Because i won't be able to deal in person, I prearranged the deal with eBay, so my presence isn't necessary. The deal includes free delivery and the bike will arrive at your address in 2-3 business days. The bike being already at their warehouse in Omaha, ready to be delivered. I want to use their services as they offer 100% protection and insurance to both buyers and sellers. The shipping cost is included in the total price of the bike, because I have a promotional free shipping ticket with they. You will have 5 days to test, inspect and verify paperwork of the bike. If you won't like the bike or the bike is not as described, you can send it back at my expense, no fees or taxes deducted (I am sure that it will not be the case because there is nothing wrong with it). Along with the bike you will also receive all the pertinent paperwork already signed by me and your name indicated as the new owner.
    If you want to make this deal and you are serious buyer, I need the following details from you:
    -Full Name
    -Shipping Address (postal code,full address)
    -Phone Number
    Once I got all the details, I will forward them to eBay and they will proceed with the order. Also, they will confirm that I'm a legitimate seller and the deal is conducted through their.

Feel free to contact me, thank you very much and have a wonderful day,

Helena Carter

by now i'm becomming suspicious, but still play along:

zoot wrote:so once my information is given to ebay, what happens next, and how do i pay?

"helena" wrote:If you are interested to buy my bike, please send me your full name, full shipping address and your phone number so I can register the transaction with eBay. After that they will contact you with all necessary information about this transaction (terms, buyer protection, payment instructions, invoice, etc.)

Thank you,
    Helena Carter

sounds really sketchy... so i google 'craigslist motorcycle scams':

zoot wrote:you almost got me, "helena". i knew the price was too good to be true.

i just looked up 'common craigslist scams' and saw the one you're doing.

but what really made me suspicious was this thought: why wouldn't helena just sell the bike in omaha... why does she have it posted for sale in NC?

why you gonna do me like that, "helena". i thought you were my boy.

i'll tell you what i'll do. when the truck hauling the bike makes it to NC, have the driver call me, and i'll give him directions to my house.

unbelievable. "helena" won't give up:

helena wrote:I advertised it on other states also to get more exposure and sell it faster.

the scam is, these people are hired by advertisers to get information from people which they then sell to the advertisers.

looks like i won't be getting a bike for a few more months. got to get my cheddar right so i can spend around five grand. i sure as hell ain't gonna get a decent bike for less than that... i've just learned.

what a bummer man. i was totally hyped.

i don't wanna a pickle... i just wanna ride on my motorcikle...
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:20 pm

encode_decode
    encode_decode

Post by encode_decode Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:17 pm

Yeah, scammers suck
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:50 pm

be that as it may, i was still impressed. these guys are getting paid to mine information from people- names, phone numbers, email addresses. they sell this stuff to advertisers... and imagine how many people they gotta scam to get a decent amount of money. the advertisers can't be paying too much for it, so the scammers gotta hit as many people as possible. these guys probably got ads like these all over the country, spending hours setting them up.

i first contacted helena by text. what did 'she' say? "send me an email... my text messenger is messed up." see that? she got me; now 'she' knows my email address.

i think usually they only get the information from people. i doubt very many people fall for it and proceed to step two: actually send money for the mystery bike they'll never get.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:04 pm

during my hiatus i joined a satanist site just for the HELL of it. and let me tell you, what a bunch of uneventful ass rangers these satanists are. everyday there's like thirty of them at the forum but nobody ever says a word unless they're asking for advice on how to case a spell. alright, i'll attack LaVey then. that oughta draw them out. still nothing. so i'm running around the threads trying to find something remotely philosophical to talk about. i see nietzsche's name dropped a few times and i jump in. try to beef it up, you know? no replies. eventually i'm banned after getting two threads locked. what a bunch of assholes. i'd have greater freedom of expression if i joined a baptist church somewhere. promise me you won't ever become a satanist, saully. a lobotomy would be much more edifying.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Fri May 04, 2018 6:39 pm

lolz!!!

check this out. i heard from the builder in charge of the governor's mansion job i was recently fired from, today.

he tells me it was the governor's personal decision to have me removed from the premises. now why would he decide to do that, we wonder. it couldn't be because the laws don't permit me to be there; i am only unpermitted to be in places primarily used and occupied by minors. certainly this is not what the governor's mansion is for.

so then we can be sure of one thing at this point: that the governor doesn't follow his own laws. if he did, would not have had me removed.

so what could it be? you guessed it (but there is a neat irony here). bad publicity. what would that say about a govenor who allowed a sex offender to do work on his mansion? but wait a minute... he's a democrat! i thought democrats were sympathetic to all the bad guys.

apparantly that too is a charade.

so we have a wrongfully convicted sex offender who is fired by a state governor who doesn't follow his own laws, so that he doesn't have to maintain the fascade that he is sympathetic to sex offenders... something he only does while on camera. meanwhile, the sex offender is struggling to find a job in a society where nobody will hire him so he can pay the outrageous fees for the probation and therapy he shouldn't be on, so that he can receive treatment for a problem he doesn't have.

i fucking love this country, because it gives me a reason to be criminal, and enjoy it.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Thu May 17, 2018 9:05 am

So I found out that there is a third astrological sign that results from combining your western sign and your eastern sign (animal).

Saully is a hyena, Satyr a gecko, phoneutria a pitbull, and I'm a komodo dragon.

Once again I prevail as the biggest badass.

Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Thu May 17, 2018 3:07 pm

Have the 'adults' finished discussing 'philosophy'? Suspect
    Don't want to disturb the 'mature folk' from their world altering thoughts.

Saully is a hyena, Satyr a gecko, phoneutria a pitbull, and I'm a komodo dragon.
    Being a nothing, and a nobody, I can be anything and everything...for anyone.
    Try a frog....KEK.
    Little boxes for little minds, who cannot think without a reference manual, a self-help text....an aphoristic Nietzsche, for circumcised morons, on sale for $9.99.
    If only the dead could speak...or dance.
    Art requires generosity, and risk. Once externalized it no longer belongs to the artist; once he's shared it he can't take it back
    Every douche-bag, needy, man-child, charlatan, can take the intent, reinterpret it, and use it for his own - reinterpreting it to fit into his own tiny boxes.

My method places the standard outside all minds.
    I am as accountable, to it, as you, Zooty, big 'monster'.
    My words are not arbitrary, justified after-the-fact...or requiring esoteric connectivity. They refer to something all can perceive, and when I use them unconventionally, as with the term 'nihilism' I justify it pragmatically, without using mysticism, and idealism.
    I erase all mysticism and idealism from language use....if, and when, possible. I try to reconnect all words back to their original references outside all minds...so that all can witness and appreciate and see.

All text can be validated....when it is about the world we all share.
    If it's some private, fantasy, with a restricted reservation list, and strict membership codes to participate in thir 'meanings' - a self defined 'exclusive party' taking place in secret dark backroom dives....I really do not care to be included....unless it's for fun.
    Like if there's a clown on the premises. I luc clowns..and whores...men-whores clowns are my favourite - Keky...kinky.
    Any philosophy that requires personal relationships, and private feelings, is not really philosophy.
    World is indifferent, and harsh....pretty words and flattery, and hopeful backslapping is not philosophy.

Philosophy has to be applicable....explained in ways that a average mind can relate to, and not only some academic referencing his edumucated nerd books-learning, nor some secret text referring to some secret alternate hidden world, circumventing the experienced world entirely.
    Every philosophy worth something, can be explained using multiple different words - is not word-specific - because language is a tool for connecting to a shared reality.
    A dog in French is not different from a dog in Italian...and if I could go back a hundred thousand years and the Neanderthals word for the canine of his period, will correspond to my version.
    The phenomenon is shared, the words can differ.
    "A rose by any other name..."
    For instance, I use 'pattern' to describe my metaphysics....but 'pattern' can be replaced by 'sequence'...and Flux, can be replaced by (inter)activity, and (inter)activity can be replaces by James'' 'affectance' or by attraction/repulsion...without losing its comprehensibility; without contradicting the application.

I've been kicked-out from many internet places, by pretentious cowards and hypocrites....so it's no big deal - like ILP.
    I'm surprised when I'm not.
    I do not humour retards...and this makes be unlikable to 90% of the members on any given forum. Forums are run by minds interested in popularity...making money....whatever...so automatically this makes me a pariah.

Mass participation requires tolerance of idiocy and feebleness.
    Lowest-common-denominator becomes the ideal all must abide by - 'no child left behind'.
    This is more true when the 'ideas' depend on mass participation, on quantities, to remain viable...because they have no external reference. Without popularity they are valueless.
    They have to be believed, or they disappear.  
    Some declare, assert, their private reality, which they've probably adopted from another....and some, like the cAnus think the reverse....words can erase, can prevent a reality from coming to be.
    Create reality using language, or destroy it, again using language, or denying language.
    I've categorized these two nihilistic psychologies, as 'positive nihilism' and 'pure nihilism'.
    One thinks words, symbols, asserted with passion, can create world.....the other, the more feminine, thinks that by refusing words, denying them, they can erase world, or parts of it.
    In both cases semiotics are the alpha/omega.
    First came the word.....it is central to Abrahamism. The magical power of symbols/words.
    Language made mystical, divine, by detaching it from the 'dirty', 'cruel', mundane world.
    Subjectivity over objectivity.
    When language is released from reality, it feels invigorating, liberating...like a god creator of noetic worlds.  
    Pretty words, placed in creative succession, pretending to be saying something deep and empowering, when they are circling and tying the mind in abstract knots, supported by emotions, sensations, dreams, hopes...ambitions rooted in coveting, in sexual frustration, in anxiety...in overcompensating insecurity.

Humouring, I can no longer perform, for any length of time.
    Then again, realism quickly leads to agreement, among the honest and those with integrity - then what?
    Agreement is a dead end, if there's nothing more....nowhere to go with it.
    Where does one go from there?
    Deeper insights result in revelations that eventually dry up, and integrity prevents one from the temptation of inventing insights by rearranging words.
    If there's no shared passion to direct, no shared goal to unite, there's nowhere to go.  

Bringing us full circle back to your cynicism.
    It gives you resistance to charlatans, but lacking a focus for your energies, missing investment, you use it to run away; constant unravelling.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:51 am