The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

The Pathos of Distance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -

5 posters

the video thread

Zoot Allures

the video thread Empty the video thread

Post by Zoot Allures Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:26 am

watched this last night, and for those who are a kubrick fan, this is a must see.

what if you found out a movie you saw a long time ago was full of incredible subtext, sublimation and symbolism you didn't notice when you watched it? would you watch it again?

this is an analytical documentary hosted by various people who've seen the movie 'the shining', and what they found will certainly surprise you.

Room 237

p.s. don't get impatient. it's gets better and better.
    Zoot Allures

the video thread Empty Re: the video thread

Post by Zoot Allures Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:58 pm

holy crap. watch the room 237 video above and just go to 1:16:00 if you won't watch the whole thing.

just one of the things you didn't see when you watched the movie so many years ago.

kubrick is a mastermind.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:12 pm

the pathos of distance will be observing black history month (the month of feb in the U.S.). my contribution will be a commemoration of who i personally believe to be the greatest black man in history: clayton bigsby, the black white supremacist.

fast-forward to 11:50
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:03 pm

https://9gag.com/gag/aLjMA9z

this is funny, but he misses the point. the americanized negro is a different animal than the african, because the americanized negro is a negro who was brought to a modern style society that he was not yet able to adapt to... and is still not able to adapt to in a productive manner, because of all kinds of racial prejudices are working against him. this prejudice creates in the negro a defiant attitude... but the prejudice was developed originally from the misplacement of the negro into this society. it is an unresolvable case of 'who started it'. neither parties are to blame; the white disapproval of the negro is understandable... and the negro disapproval of the white is understandable. the fact is, they never should have been brought over in the first place under the terms that they were, as slaves. instead, the two continents should have begun interacting economically, very slowly, as european imperialists and colonists continued to improve african country infrastructure. then, once the africans were socially evolved enough to handle a modernized country like america, they would be welcomed to come over and give it a shot.

incidentally, that's why the africans dislike the americanized negros. a negro from nigeria or south africa or kenya is a negro who wasn't pressured to evolve to fast... he's from a country that has become modernized. the americanized negros were suddenly thrown into such circumstances, and weren't socially or intellectually prepared for this.

what you get when that happens is a nigger; a frankenstein that has been created by the white man. you can't bring a wild animal into captivity suddenly and expect it to behave like you want it to. you have to work on it, slowly.

caveat: not all black people ARE niggers, but all niggers are black people.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 pm

a black history month tribute to the greatest black actor comedian of all time; eddie murphy.

for those who haven't seen this movie, Murphy is every character except the boy and and Ms. Purdy. i never tire of watching these scenes. pure, dramatic genius.

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:00 pm

a young female ubermensch:

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:09 pm

now of course she's really just repeating what she has read, probably verbatim, so she doesn't yet have a real understanding of what she's saying. still you can tell she's incredibly intelligent for her age. the title calls her a genius, so she's probably been tested.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:29 pm

"actually babies are born with knee caps, but they don't show up on x-rays because they are not ossified, which means hard-boned"- Brielle (4 years old)

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:45 pm

notice when she explains how the astronauts orbiting the earth in the space station exprience a sun rise or sun set every 92 minutes, she then says 'that would be really confusing'.

this means that not only is she repeating something she's read, but she also understands the implications of what she's read; that such an experience would be confusing. it is this kind of higher level reasoning that makes her exceptional. the book she learned this from didn't tell her that would be confusing. she figured that out herself by imagining the experience, and then making comparisons and associations with ordinary experiences of sun rises and sun sets.   

go to :57

Barracuda
    Barracuda

Post by Barracuda Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:10 pm

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:21 pm

just watched Elysium, and it wasn't terribly done. it could have been much better though, especially being that the premise of the movie was outstanding.

so it's the future, and the planet is disease ridden and full of poverty. the rich people have built and moved into an orbiting space-city. everybody back on earth is pissed off and trying to get to the space-city.

this is a very real possibility i think... a very plausible future for mankind. i always thought the meek would inherit the earth.

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:37 pm

just watched 'unfriended'. VERY well done. the whole movie is from the perspective of looking at a computer screen, and involves a group of friends in a skype video/chat. some really good acting. the trailer will give you the full synopsis, but basically this is what unfolds.

one by one everyone in the group kills themselves on cam... as if some kind of demonic force or mind control has taken possession of them. they are forced to play a game in which they admit to their misdeeds against each other, as well as follow the instructions of the hacker. much like the movie 'saw' or 'phone booth' but on a computer. so the hacker turns everybody in the group against each other, and one by one they kill themselves in some morbid way.

it was pretty fucking good man... i'm not gonna lie. i was glued to it. i wish i could tell you more but i don't want to spoil the whole movie. you gotta watch it.

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:53 pm

oh, and check this out. at the very end of the movie (i have to spoil this part to explain what happened)... you know how they all end- something happens suddenly and the the screen goes black- my TV lost it's signal and went blue. so i'm like wtf? is this part of the movie? if it is, it's brilliant... but how could a movie on watch on demand effect my cable signal like that? about thirty seconds later the signal comes back, and the channel is set on 3. so i go back to 100, select the movie again, and resume play. it picks up right before the part where blaire is freaking out and the screen goes black, then continues for the last fifteen seconds or so of the movie.

see, during the entire movie some force is controlling their computers... so you know what i'm thinking: omg this thing now has control of my TV too. seriously, the fucking TV went blue and lost it's signal... just like their cams.

obviously it was a coincidence. i just HAPPENED to lose my signal at that very, critical moment at the end. the weird part is, the TV very rarely loses the signal like that. why did it have to happen during that movie at just that moment?

* looks around *
    Barracuda
    Barracuda

Post by Barracuda Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:59 am

Montreal, early 2016

By the way here is some good post 90's music:

Barracuda
    Barracuda

Post by Barracuda Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:07 am

Barracuda
    Barracuda

Post by Barracuda Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:10 am

Z13

Post by Z13 Sat May 26, 2018 3:11 pm

welcome to planet kanarski. identify your last port of entry, space wanderer.

http://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=192510
    Z13

Post by Z13 Tue May 29, 2018 1:26 pm

Observe the master at work. Call him "the cleaner".

Z13

Post by Z13 Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:22 pm

work, pete!

Z13

Post by Z13 Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:45 pm

He's killin' it, folks....

Z13

Post by Z13 Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:48 pm

^^^ If Wittgenstein was Yoda, this guy would be Luke Skywalker....
    Z13

Post by Z13 Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:58 pm

The grand finale....

Z13

Post by Z13 Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Z13

Post by Z13 Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Z13

Post by Z13 Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:00 pm

best movie i've seen in some time. reminded me a bit of 'snatch'. love this scene. reggie recently intimidated a doctor at a psychiatric ward to release his brother ron (with the glasses), a paranoid schizophrenic, after his being moved from prison to finish his sentence in the mental hospital. now they're together again taking care of business.

charlie richardson's bloody wankers get bugger all in this scene, aye. you don't fuck with the
    kray brothers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 am