The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

The Pathos of Distance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -

+2
Satyr
Zoot Allures
6 posters

Zoot's Philosophical Musings

Z13

Zoot's Philosophical Musings - Page 6 Empty Re: Zoot's Philosophical Musings

Post by Z13 Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:32 am

Prolegomena to comprehensive solution for the problem of law enforcement

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1UTcdXQMQGz
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:11 pm

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1gx9Nr4VAJb

Commercial advetisements.

Seriously. No karaoke this time.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:40 am

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0fj6TdHmdwr

Commercial adverts continued
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:11 pm

"Fuck a War" by Geto Boys, Bushwick Bill

First verse: https://vocaroo.com/i/s1zKwUlU633p

Third and last verse: https://vocaroo.com/i/s1i4BUoa9uDU
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:05 pm

This one goes out to all my shorties

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0kVWzQuRkvV
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:33 pm

I don't fuck with them soft joints, only that straight up G shit... cuz I'm crip, homeboy... them 1990 San Jose, BOC niggas. I fly my blue on the left side . Rememba that.

*signs gang symbol*

I do this just cuz snoop's one of them long beach gangstas. Holla at my nizzle. A'ight, so I'ma swerve into this one cuz his delivery is that tricky shit... mixin' up meters and droppin' stanzas.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1eAuCZrRiyM

I posted this one earlier but took it down cuz I didn't want y'all to get soft on me. Y'all straight now though, so I'ma hit you widdit.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:34 pm

[ insert terrible tragedy ] and now the weather

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0gzfKBxxgt0

Kim goes hard

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0zG4KgcVPIs
    Z13

Post by Z13 Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:31 pm

Z13

Post by Z13 Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Z13

Post by Z13 Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:42 pm

Z13

Post by Z13 Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:04 pm

This kroeger guy won't give up

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1UjyvEYOf6B
    Z13

Post by Z13 Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:03 pm

Short discourse on the hendrix phenomenon

https://vocaroo.com/i/s009UxmtjWmc
    Z13

Post by Z13 Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:27 am

We are fighting against the instinct to stay alive because we believe we are mortal. The greatest prohibition to life is the fear of death, and so much opportunity do we lose because of that fear. But you ARE immortal, so why do you hesitate? There isn't a calculus to figure out the circumstances of the eternal recurrence. There are no checks and balances, and nothing can be lost. Find love, and you will be complete each time you take form in the infinite game of the recurrence.

The last time you read this, you understood, but only because Dionysus perserveres, my friends. Or is this the gin talking? I have no idea, but I've found it. As Wittgenstein put it, time does not exist. There is only NOW.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:23 am

^^^ those are the words of a drunken baffoon. Pay them no mind.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:15 pm

John Stratton, senior reporter for TRB News Channel 12, sat in the FBI special conference room and plugged in his laptop. Four agents, two local deputies, one detective and a computer analyst from the forensics department were with him. One of the agents paced back and forth, drinking from a bottle of water and anxiously checking his watch.

"I don't know why you are even bothering," said John mockingly, "he's using a proxy and is probably tethered to another device anyway... you'll never pinpoint his position."

"Don't you worry about that" replied agent Williams, "you just do the interview and let us do our job." John took a sip of water and leaned forward in his chair. He received the expected video call invitation at exactly 7:00, as promised, and clicked 'accept'.

"Greetings Mr. Stratton. It's a pleasure to meet you. I am called Pro Metheus. Are you familar the myth of Prometheus? Oh and don't bother trying to hide from my view, agent Williams, I know you're there. In fact, I know very much about you... more than you'd like to believe. You and I are going to have some fun in the near future, agent Williams."

Williams lunged into view of the lap top screen and planted his fists firmly on the table beside John. "Listen to me you sonofabitch, we're going to find you, and when we do, you're going to die by the needle or spend the rest of your life in prison!" he shouted at the camera, his eyes bloodshot from lack of sleep.

Pro Metheus laughed a deep gutteral laugh and blew a smoke ring at his lap top camera. "Last night on your way home from the office you took a left at the Darcin bridge... usually you keep straight on Mason street... well, when you aren't going to visit your mistress for a late night call, anyway. Tell me agent Williams, does your wife have any suspicion yet of you cheating on her?" Pro Metheus took another long pull from his rolled cigarette, and leaned forward into the camera, his eyes shining gleefully with a sinister light. "I know every move you make, agent Williams, and when you find the GPS and cam i have planted on your vehicle, I'll simply replace them with another one. I'm going to make an example of you, my friend... and example for the whole country to see."

Williams stopped cold in his tracks as he paced in front of the lap top and looked across at the other men in the room, who were now watching him in disbelief. "And tell me what you are thinking as you stare at your daughter's friend Kara when dropping her off at school every morning, agent Williams. She's a gorgeous girl, isn't she agent Williams? Too bad she's only fourteen, huh? Oh the things you'd like to do to her, I'm sure. But you're an upstanding christian, aren't you agent Williams? An upstanding christian and champion of the justice system, who's job it is to punish sex offender scum like me, right? It's okay agent Williams... the others think nothing of it... they ignore the uncomfortable truth about you and so many others like themselves... everyday committing their little sins and hipocrisies. These cockroaches aren't your problem. I'm your problem, and i'm going to be your solution very soon, agent Willliams."

Agent Williams was now seated at the table, his head down in his hands. A silence had enveloped the room until John broke forth, attempting to redirect the conversation. "I'd like to use this opportunity to interview you, Pro Metheus.. it was afterall your offer. So if you could explain again for the record... why you have committed these atrocities..."

"Well... I can't get into the detail as I'd like. The explanation at this level involves extremely complicated philosophical reasoning, quite difficult to understand or follow for someone not knowledgeable in the subject. That will come later in the form of book which will be published after my death. Though at the same time, any explanation is impossible without being somewhat philosophical. Typically your sociopaths aren't extraordinarily bright, so it would be natural for you to expect something along the simple lines of "people are evil" or "nothing matters" or "I am a victim of the system", etc. But an explanation for what I have done is much, much deeper than that, John, and requires more than the space provided by a short interview. That being the case, I will try to talk about this in terms you will understand, but which will also allow the neccesary complexity which a comprehensive understanding would demand of it. Do you understand me so far, John."

"Sure... and I appreciate whatever you can tell me with the resources you have at the moment. I want to help, Pro Metheus, I want to bring your story to the nation so that we better understand and can therefore prevent such a tragedy from ever happening again."

Pro Metheus laughed again and reclined back against a tree in what appeared to be a dense forest. Behind him John could faintly make out what looked like a campsite, rifles and military gear leaned against the base of a tree beside a camoflauge tent, black fatigues hung from a line drying, and a small fire with a pot on it burned to his left. Pro Metheus continued.

"First I should tell you that my intentions are not to 'change the world'. Originally that was my intention; to create a radical restructuring of the criminal justice system by forcing the supreme court to repeal various laws,  as well as eliminating the plea bargaining procedure from all practice of criminal law. It was these things primarily, along with the inherent 'evil' nature of man... that which finds its greatest expression in the hipocrisy of its defenders and enforcerers- law enforcement officers, prosecutors, defense attorneys, judges- that was the collective cause of my wrongful convictions, punishments, and destroying my life and my freedom in general. Years ago I was in a state of mind... I still had a naive faith and even admiration of man at that time... and I wanted to use my circumstances as an opportunity to help mankind improve itself... this improvement beginning at the fundamental level of justice. I resolved to wage a war, or vengence, if you will, against this system. I would force these changes into place by committing a series of sacrifices, and promising to continue until my demands were met. But then I changed... I came to the conclusion that I don't want man to improve, and that, in fact, it was the very intrinsic evil nature of man, the very absurdity of life and existence in a world without god, the very fact that still today man believes he is anything more than an inherently dispicable creature that acts of his own self interests... whether he knows it or not...  and continues to pretend he is capable of being moral, of delivering and preserving a justice that simply is not possible... these were the realizations that brought me to enlightenment; the purpose of life, the love and joy in living, exists only for those who have become life's greatest irony. Those who are believed to be monsters, but who are really mankind's greatest saints. Those who have had to endure the suffering of the most profound injustice, betrayal by the state, by god, by man. Those who have had the greatest "fortunate misfortune" are those to whom life belongs... the rest are irrelevant.... and the purpose, John, the purpose is... well, as i said before, it's difficult to explain without delving into deeper philosophy. Let me just say that my intention now is to be a kind of guide, a midwife, if you will, for those to whom this greatest tragedy has happened, and help them gather the strength and courage to embrace this absurdity of man and existence, turn it into a creative impulse, in short, make an art out of fighting back, out of destroying..."

John sat silently at his laptop, the agents had gathered around him standing motionless before the image of Pro Metheus, who was now sharpening a survival knife on a wet stone. The sound of the blade passing back and forth across the stone was all that could be heard. The sun was setting, and the firelight casted an errie glow on the blade as it gracefully moved. John sipped his water nervously and began to talk again.

"You know there's no turning back, Pro Metheus. They won't grant you a pardon no matter what happens."

"Nor would I want that," he chuckled, "I wouldn't grant them a pardon either. There is not enough restitution to pay for what I've gone through. Losing all my property. Six years in prison, six months of that six years in 23 hr lockdown in a cell the size of a refrigerator box, refusal of medical attention, undeserved punishment ordered by disciplinary hearing officers for infractions I did not commit while there, working my ass off for seventy cents a day only to have whatever canteen I could buy stolen by gang members that the prison staff couldn't control. For six years I lived with people so degenerate it would be a mistake to even call them human. I have been to a world that you know nothing of, John, and this hell was a place I should have not been sent to. But it didn't stop there, John. That was only the beginning. Do you have any idea what life is like living in society as a sex offender? I am the most despised kind of human being there is... and oh, how ironic John! That someone simply saw my dick, and yet I am held in greater contempt than a murderer! Do you have any idea the extent of my lose of freedom and privilege? The difficulty I have finding a job, housing, or even a friend? Should I describe to you what a nightmare my life has become, John? Eleven years of this I've had to endure, and it's only getting harder..."

Pro Metheus laughed again to himself. "... and why would i want to go back to a society of incompetent zeros and invalids who hate me anyway? This irrelevant rabble, this clueless, useless, meaningless herd of nobodies who are a waste of the very space they are in... HA!.. I wouldn't go back even if you expunged my record! There is no going back, John. I am... how shall I say it... liberated."

John shifted in his chair and tried to gain the upperhand. "But your crimes... you're a twice convicted sex offender... you even pled guilty to the charges!" he snapped. "What did you expect?"

"You don't understand, John. The crimes I committed were misdemeanors, not felonies, not sex offenses that require registration. The prosecutor overcharged me, threatening me with a maximum sentence if I didn't plead guilty to the felonies for a lesser sentence. You don't understand any of this, which is why I'm writing the book, John. When I'm gone, you read the book, and then you'll know. The situation is very complicated and requires more time that you or I have at the moment. For now, just know this; the criminal justice system and its practitioners are opportunistic liars who care nothing about justice, only about their own advantage. Let me offer another irony. It is not this nature of man that I hold in contempt... but that they are not evil enough yet to be strong and able not to lie about what they are. They do not yet understand themselves. But I do, John, and I am strong enough to be evil, to face the truth about life and existence. The problem is not that life is evil... the problem is that it is still pretending it is something else. It is that weakness, that lack of wisdom and knowledge that I hold in contempt. Eight court officials have already died, and I have only just begun, John. I am going to set this country on fire, to set its beautiful monsters free, to shake the world with such force that god himself can no longer bear to look at his own reflection. I am going to turn the mess he has made into a magnificent work of art."

Again the room stood motionless. This was no ordinary sociopath... they hadn't seen anything like him before. It was like something out of a movie. Incredible. But what struck them the most was how well Pro Metheus had explained what he had; the persuasive power was undeniable, sending them all into a new skepticism they were neither comfortable nor familiar with. What he had said made sense, and they stood looking at each other hoping someone would say something to save the them from the creeping, disorienting feeling that overcame them.

Pro Metheus began again, delighting in the uncomfortable silence he had caused. "Well John I have to get to work now. It was a pleasure meeting you. We'll do this again, I promise. And agent Williams... that sofa you have placed by the glass sliding door would look much better over by the stairway. I think so anyway. Farewell gentlemen, and don't you worry, we'll meet again... unless of course you decide to resign from law enforcement and spare yourself what is inevitable unless you do. But that's your choice... something you make with faith in your god to protect you. A little naive, but not a bad idea. You should certainly hope your soul belongs to jesus, because your ass certainly belongs to me...."

Pro Metheus stepped away from his laptop cam, his image fading into the shadows of the forest... a great horned owl sounded in the distance, and the screen went blank...

Agent Williams shot a glance at the computer analyst "did you get him?" "'Fraid not, sir, I couldn't triangulate his position... he's on the east coast somewhere, thats all I know for sure."

"From the sound of it he's in the city... and how does he know about your living room furniture, agent Williams?", asked deputy Arlington.

Agent Williams stared out the conference room window into the vast darkness of the night. He swallowed dryly, an audible click coming from his throat. "He's been to my house... he knows where I live..."

(to be continued)
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:43 am

Pro Metheus searched the white pages for the address of the sex offender he had found in south carolina registry. Evan Smith, 34, convicted of three counts of indecent liberties with a minor, suspended sentence, serving five years intensive probation and required to wear GPS ankle bracelet. He found the number and called it.

"Hello?"

"Is this Evan Smith?"

"Yes, who's calling?"

"My name isn't important. Call me Pro Metheus. Mr. Smith, i'd like to talk to you for a moment if you don't mind."

"About what?"

"About your charges. I've been researching the transcripts of your case and would like to ask you some questions about it."

"How did you find my number?"

"Your address is posted on the sex offender registry, which is accessible to anyone. How do you feel about that, Evan? That anyone in the world can find out where you live. Do you feel like this is a violation of your privacy?"

"Well yeah... but i understand the purpose of it. The public should be aware of the location of sex offenders in the area, for various reasons."

"Perhaps, but what if I told you that sex offense and recidivism rates have not decreased as a result of this law, meaning that this law, rather than acting as a deterrent to the commission of further sex crimes, serves only as a means to the invasion of the privacy of sex offenders all over the nation. In other words, the registry information makes not one bit of difference as a means to prevent further crimes."

"I'm not sure what your point is."

"Let me give you an example. Derek Singleton, 23, registered sex offender in Hapsburg county. He was charged with third degree sexual assault because his niece reported that he pinched her ass at a cookout. He denied it, but the prosecutor believed the girl, despite her questionable credibility. the fact that her mother and derek had been in an ongoing argument over some property and that the mother hated derek, was never mentioned in court. derek claims the girl was instructed to lie by her mother so to get him charged with a sexual offense as a form of revenge. he got convicted, and is now a register sex offender. and guess what happened shortly after his registration, evan. his property was vandalized, the tires on his car slashed, his windows smashed out, and much more. the property damage total exceeded ten thousand dollars. this was made possible because his address was accessible to everyone through the registry. and what did the police do when he reported it? not a damn thing, evan. what could they do?

"yeah that is pretty crazy."

"now let's examine this a little more. supposing that derek did pinch his neice's ass, was his punishment proportionate to his crime? he got a suspended sentence of seven years, is now on intensive probation for an indefinite period of time, and has a level 3 felony on his record for the rest of his life. and what about the 'victim', evan, what was the extent of the suffering of the girl? how much can one be traumatized by having their ass pinched? do you see where this is going, evan? are you seeing what i'm seeing here?

"well yes i think it was a little excessive... even if he did do it, but he swears he didn't, right?"

"ah but that doesn't matter. his public defender made no real effort to defend him and simply worked with the prosecutor to get a plea bargain that would blackmail derek into pleading guilty."

"what do you mean?"

"it's the same thing that happened to you... i know all about your case. he was threatened with a sentence of ten years if he plead not guilty and lost at trial... but if he pled guilty instead, the prosecutor would ask only for a suspended sentence and intensive probation. derek was put into an impossible spot and had to accept the plea offer rather than take the risk of pleading not guilty, losing, and doing the ten years."

"how do you know about my case?"

"i research appelates and court transcripts of sex offenses. it's a little project of mine, you might say. now let's talk about your case. you were charged and convicted of three counts of indecent liberties with a minor for having a sexually explicit conversation on the phone with a minor on the other side of the country... some girl you met in a chat room, yes?"

"yeah, that's what happened."

"are you aware that the statute you were charged with does not apply to the crime you committed? the crime you committed can be considered dissemination of pornographic material to a minor, which is a much lesser crime than indecent liberties. the indecent liberties statute requires that you make lewd or lascivious contact with or upon the body of a minor... meaning there needed to be physical contact in order for this crime to be committed. did you know that?"

"no... my public defender never mentioned anything about that. in fact, he said i was lucky to have been charged with what i did... that more severe charges could have been brought against me."

"that's because he's a lying piece of shit, evan, and he took advantage of your lack of knowledge of law so that he could conclude your case as fast as possible and avoid having to defend you in a trial."

"yeah well it's over now... there's nothing i can do about it."

"ah but there is, evan. and that's why i called you. i happen to know where both the prosecutor and public defender live. does that interest you in any way?"

"wait a minute... what are you saying? are you suggesting what i think you're suggesting?"

"i am, evan. let me ask you; what is your life like now that you are a sex offender?"

"i'm pretty miserable, actually. but i'm a christian now and i've changed my life. i accept my wrongdoing and i have to live with it."

"oh evan... what have they done to you. they fill your head with nonsense, destroy your life, and turn you into a miserable, broken coward of a man... and you accept it. give me your email; i'm going to send you a couple essays i want you to read."

"look man, i don't want any trouble, okay? i'm not some kind of vigilante if that's what you're thinking."

"oh but i am, evan, and i'm going to avenge you and make everything right. i hope your god is watching when i do."

"you're crazy man. why would you do such a thing?"

"long story, evan. i too am a registered sex offender who was wrongfully convicted and charged for crimes i did not commit... my circumstances are nearly identical to your own. the difference between us is that i am not duped by the same nonsense. let's just say that my life has radically changed, and i've found something to give it meaning again. that aside, there is no turning back for me at this point, and i must continue what i have started."

"so what are you going to do?"

"i'm going to kill to prosecutor and public defender, but before i do, i'm going to get a confession on video for the country to see. they both will admit to violating the principles of the practice of law, admit to caring nothing about your justice, admit to being motivated only by their own interests. you see, evan, this kind of shit is happening in court rooms all over the country, everyday, and nobody is doing anything about it. i explain in detail in one of the essays i'm sending you."

"this is insane man... what do you think you'll accomplish by doing this? you think this will change anything?"

"excellent question, evan. my purpose is not to revolutionize the system... that cannot be done... man is inherently evil, there is no justice, no morality, no god. i couldn't care less whether or not the system 'improves'. what i care about is empowering those who suffer by the lies and corruption of the joke that is the system. i am fighting for your soul, evan, fighting to give you immortality in a way that you don't yet understand. all this is explained in the essays i'm sending you. now i have to get to work. you'll have my email, so ask questions if you find something difficult to understand. good luck, evan, and i'm sorry for what has happened to you. i share your pain, believe me. is there anything you'd like me to tell the prosecutor and public defender?"

"this isn't right... i'm calling the police."

"that's a good boy, evan. do what you're told by those who have destroyed you. but don't bother... there's no need to contact the police. I'm very close to them, and stay in contact myself. in fact, i let them know in advance everything i'm doing... add a little excitment to the game. few things do i enjoy more than hearing the voice of a law enforcement officer quivering in fear as i tell him he has seventy two hours to live."

"what the fuck man... why are you doing this? these people have families... think of what you're doing!"

"oh of course. i do give the officer the option to resign from his job in law enforcement. if he does, i spare him. if he does not, he dies."

"you're sick man. don't ever call me again!"

"wait...evan! are you sure that i'm the sick one?"

*click*

(to be continued)
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:32 pm

[7:30 p.m. judge daniels is sitting in his living room eating triscuits and watching america's got talent. the phone rings.]

"hello?"

"judge daniels i presume?"

"yes, who's calling?"

"you will be presiding over a criminal hearing tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. docket number 0099483. i am the defendant."

"how did you get my number?"

"that doesn't matter. you've got bigger problems on your hands than the question of how i got your number."

"what do you mean?"

"i am being charged with crimes i did not commit, though i will be pleading guilty, and i will explain why. i have a court appointed attorney who will not help me, and a prosecutor who is blackmailing me into accepting a plea offer. the prosecutor states that if i agree to plead guilty, he'll ask the court to impose a sentence of two years... but if i plead not guilty, and lose, he'll ask the court to impose a maximum sentence of seven years. does anything sound strange about this to you?"

"sir, i am not at liberty to discuss these matters with you and i would ask again how you got my number."

"i'm going to explain something to you.. and you're going to listen. if you hang up, i promise you, you will regret it. i am going to show you one specific detail that will demonstrate one way in which your criminal justice system is intrinsically corrupt, illogical, and fundamentally flawed... then i'm going to give you the opportunity to step down and resign from your position as judge in my case. when i am done explaining th..."

[judge daniels interrupts]

"are you threatening me?"

"i've made no indicative statements that are threatening in anyway. now shut the fuck up and listen to me you ignorant piece of shit. this is your final warning. your prosecutor cannot feel that i deserve a longer sentence if i plead not guilty and lose, but a shorter sentence if i accept his plea offer. the decision regarding the length of the sentence should have nothing to do with these contingencies; why would he want me to do more time for exercising my right to a trial? if he feels the crimes i am being charged with deserve to be punished by X amount of time, to ask for a lesser sentence if i agree to plead guilty would make him a liar... on the other hand, if he thought i deserved Y amount of time, to ask for a greater sentence if i plead not guilty and lose, would also make him a liar. what is happening here is this: the efficiency of the criminal process and the personal agenda of the prosecutor is taking precedence over justice. to modify what he believes is the proper punishment according to the conditions in which the prosecution takes place, means that there are no objective criteria by which to make the determination about the amount of time that would be reasonable for the crime. in plain terms, this means; if i cost the prosecutor more time and money than he believes he should have to extend for the procedure, i am deserving of a longer sentence. and this, in turn, translates into; i am no longer being punished for the crimes he believed i committed, but also for exercising my right to a trial if i chose to do so. the point is, if the prosecutor believes that the maximum sentence is what i deserve, he should not ask for a lesser sentence if i agree t his plea offer... and conversely... if the prosecutor believes i should do two years, he should not ask for the maximum sentence if i chose to plead not guilty, and lose the trial. either he believes i deserve sentence X or not... there is no conditional here... and to change the amount of time he believes i should get based on whether or not i agree to his plea offer demonstrates that the personal advantages of the prosecutor and the state he works for, are more important than justice. now add to this the fact that i didn't commit the crimes i'm being charged with in the first fucking place, and you have a very serious problem on your hands, daniels. now i am going to send you an essay in which i explain this in greater detail, as well as how the history of the criminal justice system has caused it to develop such as it has. you will read it, and you will contact me if you find something you do not understand. i want to be perfectly clear here, daniels; i am going to bring the fundamentally corrupt nature of the criminal justice system to your attention so that you can make a competent decision to withdraw from it. if you do not, you will have no excuse for what will happen to you, because to proceed would mean that you refused to accept your wrongdoing in maintaining your position... which amounts to contributing to the corrupt nature of the system. there is a saying we criminals hear from time to time; ignorance of the law is no excuse. well, i extend that to you as well, judge daniels. ignorance of the corruption of your system is no excuse for you, either. you will resign from your official title and discontinue your practice of law, or suffer the consequences. expect the essay in your email in the net few moments. you have less than twenty four hours to read it and make a decision."

Z13

Post by Z13 Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:34 am

Z13

Post by Z13 Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:49 am

Scope for coercive manipulation
    Plea bargaining is criticized, particularly outside the United States, on the grounds that its close relationship with rewards, threats and coercion potentially endanger the correct legal outcome.[7]

Author Martin Yant discusses the use of coercion in plea bargaining:

Even when the charges are more serious, prosecutors often can still bluff defense attorneys and their clients into pleading guilty to a lesser offense. As a result, people who might have been acquitted because of lack of evidence, but also who are in fact truly innocent, will often plead guilty to the charge. Why? In a word, fear. And the more numerous and serious the charges, studies have shown, the greater the fear. That explains why prosecutors sometimes seem to file every charge imaginable against defendants.[8]

This tactic is prohibited in some other countries—for example in the United Kingdom the prosecutor's code states:

Prosecutors should never go ahead with more charges than are necessary just to encourage a defendant to plead guilty to a few. In the same way, they should never go ahead with a more serious charge just to encourage a defendant to plead guilty to a less serious one.[9]

although it adds that in some kinds of complex cases such as major fraud trials:

The over-riding duty of the prosecutor is ... to see that justice is done. The procedures must command public and judicial confidence. Many defendants in serious and complex fraud cases are represented by solicitors experienced in commercial litigation, including negotiation. This means that the defendant is usually protected from being put under improper pressure to plead. The main danger to be guarded against in these cases is that the prosecutor is persuaded to agree to a plea or a basis that is not in the public interest and interests of justice because it does not adequately reflect the seriousness of the offending ... Any plea agreement must reflect the seriousness and extent of the offending and give the court adequate sentencing powers. It must consider the impact of an agreement on victims and also the wider public, whilst respecting the rights of defendants.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:53 am

Z13

Post by Z13 Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:41 pm

exclusive content: the trial, by pink floyd... the whole fucking thing. had to do it twice... fucked up the school master on the first attempt. didn't get it quite right on the second, either, but i ain't doing it again. and let me tell you, getting the roger waters voice right is a bitch. he's got this weird nuance... a nasally thing with his voice.  

s'been almost thirty years since i listened to this song... but it all came back to me. we used to listen to The Wall over and over again in the mental hospital back in 87. picture it: 12 year olds jamming out to The Wall in the mental hospital day room.    

earphones required. without them, it'll sound like shit. low budget studio and recording equipment.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s05dsAGXyuvQ

Good morning, Worm your honor
    The crown will plainly show
    The prisoner who now stands before you
    Was caught red-handed showing feelings
    Showing feelings of an almost human nature
    This will not do
    Call the schoolmaster
    I always said he'd come to no good
    In the end your honor
    If they'd let me have my way I could
    Have flayed him into shape
    But my hands were tied
    The bleeding hearts and artists
    Let him get away with murder
    Let me hammer him today?

Crazy
    Toys in the attic, I am crazy
    Truly gone fishing
    They must have taken my marbles away
    Crazy, toys in the attic he is crazy

You little shit you're in it now
    I hope they throw away the key
    You should have talked to me more often
    Than you did, but no
    You had to go
    Your own way, have you broken any
    Homes up lately?
    Just five minutes, Worm your honor
    Him and me, alone

Babe
    Come to mother baby, let me hold you
    In my arms
    M'lud I never wanted him to
    Get in any trouble
    Why'd he ever have to leave me?
    Worm, your honor, let me take him home

Crazy,
    Over the rainbow, I am crazy
    Bars in the window
    There must have been a door there in the wall
    When I came in
    Crazy, over the rainbow, he is crazy

The evidence before the court is
    Incontrovertible, there's no need for
    The jury to retire
    In all my years of judging
    I have never heard before
    Of someone more deserving
    Of the full penalty of law
    The way you made them suffer
    Your exquisite wife and mother
    Fills me with the urge to defecate
    Since, my friend, you have revealed your
    Deepest fear
    I sentence you to be exposed before
    Your peers
    Tear down the wall

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:49 pm

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:32 am

promethean75

Post by promethean75 Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:04 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:45 am