The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

The Pathos of Distance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -

+5
Magnus Anderson
Barracuda
witchdoctor
Satyr
Zoot Allures
9 posters

forum requests, suggestions and announcements

Satyr
    Satyr

forum requests, suggestions and announcements - Page 4 Empty Re: forum requests, suggestions and announcements

Post by Satyr Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:22 am

Zoot has to decide what kind of gathering he wishes to create in this small corner of the internet.
    Does he want to replicate ILP, and gather every insane imbecile who calls himself a 'philosopher', out there?
    A safe zone for pseudo-intellectuals and crazies of many varieties.

Or does he want something more selective?
    Something more open and unforgiving to idiocy.

If Zoot asks me to leave his place alone, I'll do so......because I will enjoy watching the cult try to proselytize, preaching to the choir.
    For me this is an experiment......and I do enjoy watching.
    It all began in my youth when I used to make bugs fight. Spent hours under the hot Spartan sky throwing beetles, worms, bees, caterpillars, and flies into ant holes.  
    I once created a war between a red and a black ant colony.

There were these spiders, wolf spiders I think they are called, that hunt like lions, or larger predators, pouncing on bugs and grasping them from the neck. They live on window screens where flies often find themselves trapped.
    Satyr
    Satyr

forum requests, suggestions and announcements - Page 4 Empty Re: forum requests, suggestions and announcements

Post by Satyr Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:32 am

On second thought...knowing how retards are intimidated by my presence....I find stupidity intolerable and it usually flees or pretends to be ignoring me, so as to not have to deal with me.... I've decided to not participate.
    Time restrictions place a limit on my babysitting time.
    I'm also curious as to how things will unfold when I leave morons interact without the anxiety of my presence.
    Except for some rare occasions I will no longer be posting here.
    Let the insanity roam free!!!!
    The wolf has left the building, release the sheeple.

Ta, Ta.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:47 am

Oh, and Know Thyself is child-free and retard averse...but in every other way quite welcoming and forgiving.
    Pretentious retards, declaring themselves gods, or genius, or that they've solved everything, or that claim that they are immortal communicating with ghosts, or that manipulate language to fabricate lies, or parrots endlessly regurgitating text, stay away, or come and face the consequences....everyone else is welcomed.
    Test yourselves.
    It's easy to believe in whatever is flattering and self-aggrandizing, in theory, and then make excuses to avoid putting your convictions to the test.
    We even have a place for the mediocre, and the insane....the Dungeon.
    I swear...I do not bite...but I do give wedgies from time to time.

We keep it real, and as honest as possible....and this means telling someone we consider an idiot that he or she is an 'idiot'.
    Fragile egos and hypocrites need not apply. Cults, or nascent cryto-christian cults, hoping to become popular religions, enter at your own risk.
    We're the immunization crucible.
    Many of you secretly visit, and I know who and why. You know you do, and I know you do, so why pretend?  

There's are plenty of venues for men-children and manimals to hide in, and feel safe.
    Plenty of insane asylums for crazies to  claim they are reincarnations of Napoleon, Nietzsche, Jesus, Buddha, Hitler...and whomever else made an impact some wish to replicate.
    Urban streets are full of these crazies....these brain-dead zombies.
    Why would we need another?
    Who knows...you may learn something, or teach us all something....or just be a part of a small island of honesty, and sanity in an expanding ocean of dishonesty, pretentiousness, and insanity.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:22 am

well that didn't take long.

okay so, my only interests here are promoting membership and posting. i don't care who's doing it, so long as it's being done. nihilists, retards, geniuses, feminists, ecofascists, jihadists, taylor swift fans, libertarians, transcendental idealists, baptists, doesn't matter to me. i'll take all of em.

i'm not on anybody's 'side', so there is no favoritism going on here. i'm simply trying to accommodate everyone. nor am i a banner, so i won't kick anyone out.

Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:53 am

Last piece of advice...take it or chuck it....
    You must ban me....otherwise the herd will never feel safe with your open door policy.
    I'll be a looming potential intruder, preventing them from fully expressing their fantastic feebleness, and idiosyncratic idiocy.
    You need a closed corral if you are going to attract and preserve domesticated species, of many kinds.

Your need for popularity is dul(l)y noted and respected. I understands its source. Zappa was a quirky hipster kind of guy.....
    Popularity means a lowest-common-denominator has to be permitted to unify the members with a shared idea(l), offering hope, power, popularity, liberation from past, love/lust, or whatever each craves independently.  
    Banishment gives the message that you will not tolerate their abuse, and their culling....like a farmer has to establish a strong perimeter, and defensive dogs (moderate moderators of mediocrity), with fences, within which the herbivorous can regurgitate and mix and mingle without stress.
    They put you in jail to create this safety in the populace you victimized with your own private needs and obsessions. Now its your turn to become the jailer, to attract as many as possible....particularly females.
    Call the enclosure the 'outside', or 'openness'....always a winning turn of phrase.
    They need an environment where they feel protected and respected, as a matter of deserved, universal, rights....otherwise they stay silent, or away...same goes for emasculated males and boys; men-children of varying ages.

Furthermore, and I will close with this....magic requires a particular setting to produce its mystifying effects.
    Low light, so that discriminating eyes cannot see anything in the shadows but uniformity....a select group prone to mystification...a certain air of seriousness and reverence to establish the ambience within which the magic will be most effective.  
    You cannot let in a cynic, or a skeptic....laughing and snorting during the rituals, and the chants...or when a sacred name is mentioned.

And good luck with this forum, and its geniuses.

I may be inclined to post, from time to time, if you do not ban me...but nothing to intrude on the magic talk, and the cult's proselytizing.
    I want to observe its unfolding, and its manipulation of language, and use of pop-icons and idols.
    Fascinating stuff.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:50 pm

You must ban me....otherwise the herd will never feel safe with your open door policy.

don't you tell me who to ban, buster. i'll ban myself goddamit. how would you like that? i ain't scared. i've been banned before.

I'll be a looming potential intruder, preventing them from fully expressing their fantastic feebleness, and idiosyncratic idiocy.

dude, there's like three people here who ever post anything. what the heck are you talking about? me, you and andy. you're so geared up on your war against nihilism that you're labeling people nihilists before they even get here. chill the fuck out man. jesus. i can't take you anywhere.

Zappa was a quirky hipster kind of guy.....

hardly. he was a conservative, father of four, career musician and composer who dedicated his entire life to fully assaulting american culture and the music industry that catered to it. you two got a lot in common, you know.

Banishment gives the message that you will not tolerate their abuse, and their culling....like a farmer has to establish a strong perimeter, and defensive dogs (moderate moderators of mediocrity), with fences, within which the herbivorous can regurgitate and mix and mingle without stress.

my forum will never become like this, don't you worry.

Last piece of advice...take it or chuck it....

i've decided. i'm gonna...

forum requests, suggestions and announcements - Page 4 Chuck_norris_walker

... it.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:48 pm

alright, here's the deal. we gotta turd that wants to post, but won't until he's convinced that his arch enemy, saully, won't moderate/delete/move his posts.

saully, please place your left hand on the pathos-of-distance book of general statutes and swear before this committee that you will not moderate/delete/move any of the turd's posts.

turd, please place your right hand on the pathos-of-distance book of general statutes and swear before this committee that you will not debate/insult/engage with saully under any circumstances, excepting provision 3.b; that both parties mutually agree to interact in a civil manner, as per pathos-of-distance general statute number 5, subsections c and d.

thank you, gentlemen. you may be seated.
    Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum

Location : United States- Financial And Commercial Corporate Feudal Oligarchic Empire/Gulag Of Wallstreet

Post by Zero_Sum Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:05 pm

That's a nice fro you got going on in your avatar. Laughing
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:39 pm

yeah every so often i change my avatars to and fro.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:34 am

the forum is yours, saully. i'm gone.
    Mitra-Sauwelios
    Mitra-Sauwelios
    Admin

Post by Mitra-Sauwelios Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:14 pm

I only saw this post yesterday:

Zoot Allures wrote:alright, here's the deal. we gotta turd that wants to post, but won't until he's convinced that his arch enemy, saully, won't moderate/delete/move his posts.

saully, please place your left hand on the pathos-of-distance book of general statutes and swear before this committee that you will not moderate/delete/move any of the turd's posts.

turd, please place your right hand on the pathos-of-distance book of general statutes and swear before this committee that you will not debate/insult/engage with saully under any circumstances, excepting provision 3.b; that both parties mutually agree to interact in a civil manner, as per pathos-of-distance general statute number 5, subsections c and d.

thank you, gentlemen. you may be seated.

I'll swear, but only if Zoot doesn't leave. For if he does, I'm responsible for intervening when, say, Turd posts someone's personal info and that info is compromising.

Other than that, I'd still be willing to leave Turd's posts alone and even to give him his own forum.

I'm changing the site name back from "The Pathos of PMs", by the way.
    Barracuda
    Barracuda

Post by Barracuda Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:49 pm

Good to have Ollie in charge of a forum. I hope no one deletes it this time.
    Zoot did a good job setting up the interface.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:59 am

Z13

Post by Z13 Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:37 pm

ah shit. i posted a video in what i thought was the video thread earlier, then realized i opened the thread above it instead, after i posted the video. why did i do that? because my goddamn thumbs are too big for a smart phone touch screen, that's why. if they wanted to invent a real smart phone, they'd make one that had a wireless connection to your brain so you didn't have to use your fingers, right? of course i'm right. i've been wrong like eight times in my life. seven until yesterday. i was arguing with a friend, and stated quite prematurely and without substantial knowledge of what i was talking about, that if bee species went extinct, only a minority of food producing plants would be jeopardized, as the vast majority are not flower bearing plants. i thought that if this was so, it wouldn't matter if the pollination dependent on bees for transportation, stopped. then i found out i was terribly wrong, and got my ass handed to me.

we'd all be eating crab grass and pine straw if that happened, so bee aware of any pesticides you use on your garden, as it could have a detrimental affect on the bees. there are bees in amsterdam, aren't there?

but that's a helluva thing to be wrong about, saully. prior to that it had been like five years since i was last wrong about something.

anyway, when you see the deleted thread in your admin controls, that's what happened.

and change me back to zoot, will you? keep this account (same email) and just change my name.

meanwhile, i found her for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldj0RX3CqXA

p.s. i got a job rebuilding the north and south porches of the governor's mansion a month ago, then recently got fired and thrown off the premises because i'm a sex defender. whatever. i'm gonna vote for the other guy just to spite him.

then his wife personally apologizes to my employer for the discrepancy, saying she hopes i don't lose my job. little late, sweetheart. if you want to do me a favor, expunge my fucking record.

Z13

Post by Z13 Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:40 pm

or no, don't do that. reinstate my old account. i need my post history so everyone who has my post search bookmarked won't miss all of my priceless gems of wisdom.
    Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum

Location : United States- Financial And Commercial Corporate Feudal Oligarchic Empire/Gulag Of Wallstreet

Post by Zero_Sum Sat May 19, 2018 2:10 pm

First Zoot says he is leaving forever and now he comes back. Make up your mind already man.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sat May 19, 2018 2:21 pm

Z13

Post by Z13 Tue May 22, 2018 5:37 pm

Z13

Post by Z13 Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:19 am

I have an announcement. I shaved my chest yesterday. No seriously, I really did. I'm thinking this will help me stay cooler while working. We're getting into the upper nineties now and I hate the heat and humidity. I'd prefer to work naked but the boss won't let me.

So I'm thinking about this and then the thought occurs to me: what if this decision is really the result of social constructivist memes designed by the left, in a post modern abrahamic deconstructivist attempt to undermine male identity in the western world? Or what if I shaved my chest because I don't like my father? Oh you think this is funny? Whatever. This is why I don't post here anymore.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:03 pm

Z13

Post by Z13 Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:54 am

I've undergone a fundamental transformation and I need a name change, saully. You recall the strange coincidences I experienced the night before my release from jail... when my mephistopheles reminded me of the 'promises' I made? Yeah you remember. Well I gotta honor that promise (after all he did for me), and to do so, I must initiate a mephomorphosis into the next stage and become 'Z13'.

I'd explain but you wouldn't understand. It transcends explanation. There are hardly any words for it.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:35 pm

Z13

Post by Z13 Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:15 pm

https://www.zynga.com/games/chess-friends

Play chess? Look me up.... ZootAllures75
    Z13

Post by Z13 Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:29 pm

Philosophy is dead and you have killed it. What will you do, ye murders of obfuscation and language-games, to wipe the blood from your keyboards?
    Z13

Post by Z13 Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:31 am

I have been observing a very strange creature over at ILP called 'Guide', and this creature has momentarily piqued my interests in philosophy once again.... in the same way the behavior of a monkey might draw the attention of a zoologist. Be a good sport and send him an invitation to come over here, yeah?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content