The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

The Pathos of Distance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -

2 posters

My Mitra Quotes

Barracuda
    Barracuda

My Mitra Quotes Empty My Mitra Quotes

Post by Barracuda Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:05 pm

"Os is de Dood"

In 1996, the year I first smoked weed, I had a lot of great evenings with Mitra and two other guys born in the same month. We smoked weed and just constantly laughed about idiotic things as that goes until one night Mitra took some mushrooms. I remember sitting by his side all night as he was empathically relating evidently very profound emotional insights, or stabs at insights, about the word Chaos.

I remember distinctly that he saw a duality within the geek word, where the first part, Cha, was something that remained unresolved, but the second part, Os, was death.

I had recorded the whole evening on my high 8 camera and then even typed it out, but somehow in great tragedy, both sources got lost. NOOOOO!!!
    terrible loss. Truly, as if anything the comedic and atmospheric value of it all was sublime.

Still, "het is niet onopgemerkt gebleven."
    Mitra-Sauwelios
    Mitra-Sauwelios
    Admin

My Mitra Quotes Empty Re: My Mitra Quotes

Post by Mitra-Sauwelios Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Luckily I have a good memory! But first off, all three of us other guys were born in August, but really only two of us in the same month, i.e., the August of the same year. Anyway, here's my memoray:

That was not the first time I took shrooms. For all I know it may have been the second time, though.

The Chaos thing was something like this. For me it was just about the "Cha-" part, XA in Greek. The "-os" part was just the exit, and hence "death". It's that in which the XA part ends--flows out into the sea of silence, so to say. As for the XA part, not knowing the origins of the X symbol it was just the "Big Bang" of the whole word for me, the way the A emerges from the void--again the sea or ocean of silence. The essence of the word was really the A, which I knew to have originated from a drawing of a bull's head... Chaos for me was really the raging bull. Now, though, I know the stem of the whole word is really the X(A) part. Compare:

Mitra-Sauwelios
    Mitra-Sauwelios
    Admin

Post by Mitra-Sauwelios Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Mitra-Sauwelios wrote:As for the XA part, not knowing the origins of the X symbol it was just the "Big Bang" of the whole word for me

Compare https://www.google.nl/search?q=explosion+symbol&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP--mtrrjaAhXCFCwKHeKxCQkQ_AUICigB&biw=1088&bih=526

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content