The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

The Pathos of Distance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -

+5
Magnus Anderson
Barracuda
witchdoctor
Satyr
Zoot Allures
9 posters

forum requests, suggestions and announcements

Zoot Allures

forum requests, suggestions and announcements Empty forum requests, suggestions and announcements

Post by Zoot Allures Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 am

as your benevolent ruler i understand that to promote social stability, i must also appease the masses. yeah i read 'the prince'.

so this thread will be the place where citizens can practice statecraft, diplomacy, and legislation.

ask and, if the request isn't completely preposterous, you shall receive.

p.s. i will also be hiring moderators soon.

Last edited by Zoot Allures on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zoot Allures

forum requests, suggestions and announcements Empty Re: forum requests, suggestions and announcements

Post by Zoot Allures Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:36 pm

new skin.

yea, nay?

the bright white text is in high contrast against the black. fucks with my eyes, but i like it. i'll mess around and try to change the text color.

speak up if you don't like the skin.
    Zoot Allures

forum requests, suggestions and announcements Empty Re: forum requests, suggestions and announcements

Post by Zoot Allures Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:18 pm

alright, i think we'll go with this skin, although i don't like the lavender color. it makes me want to put on a silk gown and collect flowers in a field under a setting sun while i listen to jewel on my mp3 player. weird, i know.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:11 pm

hey 'SauweliosIsAForaFaggot'... you got 24 hours to pick another moniker or i'm gonna pick one for you.

that's 7:10 p.m. eastern standard daylight time, tomorrow, march the 6th.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:15 pm

the forum would like to welcome our tenth and newest member, the one and only, iambiguous.

as the tenth member to register, iambiguous would be getting a twenty dollar gift certificate to be used on the-pathos-of-distance merchandise and memorabilia, if we had gift certificates, merchandise and memorabilia.

who's department is that, anyway? saully, do we have any clothing lines or anything like that, yet?

Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:34 am

Question:
    Is the subtle grey difference of the monikers an indication of forum status?

Please say yes.

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:19 am

members who aren't mods or admins are the same grey color. but now that you mention it, it does seem like i've seen a name in darker grey before. i don't know why... haven't fucked around with the setting regarding that. it must be a default setting... maybe an indication of something, though i don't know what.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:25 am

Notice ILPers are darker...whereas Magnus and I are lighter.
    Very demeaning.

Whatever.
    No worries.
    witchdoctor
    witchdoctor

Post by witchdoctor Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:31 am

You appear to yourself ad light grey. Everyone else is dark grey. Admins are blue.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:34 am

No, because I see Magnus as light grey.
    witchdoctor
    witchdoctor

Post by witchdoctor Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:40 am

I don't. Since neither of you appear as light grey always, that can't be taken to be a rank setting.

https://imgur.com/NzbgUaR
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:12 am

satyr wrote:Notice ILPers are darker...whereas Magnus and I are lighter.
    Very demeaning.

wait... you think there is some conspiracy against members that aren't from ILP?

HO.LEE.SHIT.

i always knew you were a little suspicious about everything, but this is borderline delusional paranoia.

i mean i guess i can understand why you might think something like that was happening, sure. but i'm kinda insulted by the fact that you would think i would do such a thing. i don't really care where a member comes from... they're all the same to me.

so that's what it is; other members appear darker than one's own name. nice work, WD. you are now our P-O-D technical support team.

i also think that a member's name will appear darker if they have just made a post that you haven't read. just now, satyr made a new post... his name appears darker to me than andy's, who posted in a forum above something i've already read.

you keep working on this mystery, WD, and get back to us.

attention: if you have any technical questions about the forum, direct them to the witchdoctor.

and here i thought witchdoctors only worked with crystals, feathers and chicken bones and shit. boy was i wrong.

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:16 am

... now they're all black. yeah, something's going on here.

WD, i can let you log in as me and you can be a good sport and go into the admin panel to take a look for us. i'd do it myself if i cared enough to spend the time figuring it out. alas, i do not.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:50 am

Um....no conspiracy. I see patterns.
    This was a pattern.

Not complaining either.
    I was curious.
    Even if it is intentional I do not give a shit.
    I actually enjoy it.
    At first I also thought it was a matter of seeing your own moniker as lighter, but then I realized that Magnus was also light...so I became intrigued and made a connection.
    Maybe it's my old eyesight.
    Let's move on.
    Pretend I never said a thing.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:53 am

Actually you should set up a hierarchy similar to the one I have on KT.
    Use your own criteria.

Separate the desirable from the undesirables. Keep a clean house.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:59 am

sure, we might do something like that when/if we get more members. we're at the point now where we don't even really need any moderators yet.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:09 pm

i'm looking around for philosophy forums and i find this one: http://www.rationalskepticism.org/

318 guests, 21 registered.

this place is like the fucking studio 54 of philosophy forums. so i look in a thread and the very first post i see is by some hot australian chick by the screen name 'spinozasgalt'.

oh we gotta get some of this. saully, satyr, i'm sending you two over. operation: forum storm. objective: recruit as many members as you can and bring them back here.

make a grand entrance... post a big-ass essay of something... and be sure to have our address in your sig box.

if you need reinforcements, i'll send andy.

Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:18 pm

w t f?

she's a he. spinozasgalt is a he.  

oh my GOD....spinozasgalt is a man!!
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:25 pm

No can do, chief.
    I've been fighting this dirty fuckin' war for two tours and this buckaroo has graduated to major.

Used to do my own leg-work back in the day.
    Spend a season on ILP dealing with the rats and leaches, the occasional primitive.
    I think I rescued a few, got them back home.
    Wasn't until I cast some bait on YouTube that I got big traffic.
    Not what it used to be, though. These days your ass will be shot to hell, the moment you poke your head out of the politically-correct bunker.

I see your radar is focused on smart pussy. The rarest game on the Internets.
    Plenty of male pussies, but none of the genuine stuff.
    Like rare diamonds.

Marxists, Spinozeans, Nietzscheans....hell pussy is pussy right?
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Zoot Allures wrote:w t f?

she's a he. spinozasgalt is a he.  

oh my GOD....spinozasgalt is a man!!
    The gay-dar needs a tune-up.

If you're looking for females change the topics you talk about. None of this existential, metaphysical crap....turns them off.
    They need psychology, relationships, sociology, art, music....politics.
    They luv dat shit.

Where pussy go, males follow.

Oh and a few retards and crazies would help. Nothing better than a half-dozen mental-midgets and a few ass-clowns to get the party rockin'.
    Look at ILP.

Last edited by Satyr on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:29 pm

i'll be giving the forum to saully because i'm going to hang myself. i feel so filthy, so violated, so ashamed of myself that i cannot bear to live any longer.

and i thought that was just a little female moustache.

oh god. what have i done.

i wish you all good fortune and a farewell.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:32 pm

Zoot Allures wrote:i'll be giving the forum to saully because i'm going to hang myself. i feel so filthy, so violated, so ashamed of myself that i cannot bear to live any longer.

and i thought that was just a little female moustache.

oh god. what have i done.

I wish you all good fortune and a farewell.
    Saully will bore the shit off this place.
    He got his head stuck in books or up someone's arse.
    No charisma.....no flexibility.
    A follower...no leading potential.
    He's like a computer - data disseminator.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:45 pm

Think of this place as your crib, where your homies gather to pay their respects, and shoot the shit.
    Use it as a mustering base, as you cast off into uncharted waters....one day in this forum, island, the next in another.... everywhere you go leaving behind a [pheromone trail back to your private island mind-fortress.

Give the place your own style.
    Those more like you will come, and stay. The rest can go away.
    Zoot Allures

Post by Zoot Allures Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:16 pm

satyr wrote:He's like a computer - data disseminator.

he is. you will not see him blink once until :21, and then once again at :47. i'm not kidding. check him out:

i don't agree with the other stuff though... except the books part. he's not a follower, because he keeps to himself the fact that he feels superior to most, if not all, on the forums, and for good reason. nobody writes like him. not even close. he knows this, and he knows we know this. nuff said.

on the phone he is sociable and well spoken. he even laughs, believe it or not.

it's hard for me to take a side here. in my opinion, he's one of the brightest minds i've ever seen on the fora... as are you. but you two dudes got beef and i'm not in the middle of it.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:37 pm

I've seen that one.
    Loved the mythology.
    Mind conceptualizing oneness, because it cannot compute open-ended multiplicity. It needs closure...wholes....ones.
    The one, God, exists, and it is thinking us into existence because it 'suffers'. It's in joyful pain over its own overflowing oneness. A wet-dream, spilling on its dark bed-sheets of silky simmering space/time....stars glistening sacred-semen. 
    We are god's fantasy, spilling from its mind.
    Spinoza's Deus, all the way. Dunamis had this down...
    Comforting idea...making all a meaningless experience to be endured, like all dreams.  
    Very Abrahamic. Another example of Top<>Down emoting.
    They know the absolute...and they've found a way, self-contradiction, to justify an existence that is its reverse.
    The parts contradict the whole...because they're are illusion.
    So, it is we who are fooled...and not the idea that is flawed. It is we who sin, and not God who is evil. God isn't our fantasy, we are his fantasy.
    Nice story.
    His writing is an ersatz of Nietzsche's style. Full of metaphorical, mythological, literati references, with nothing of his own. He has been thoroughly fertilized by Frank. He can't even develop his own style.
    He's a painter making copies of the master.
    It is impressive....I guess. In an age of images, computers, cell-phones and little literature, this can be effective.
    Word manipulation is powerful because nobody understands language, and cannot use it, anymore.

How he got stuck on Nietzsche is what interests me. There's a story there.
    He has this psychological inclination, like his buddy, towards personality worship - obsession reflecting an addictive personality.
    Something to do with daddy...maybe. But that's too cliche.
    His buddy converted it to an ego inflating ambition....and made him his sidekick....Messiah and Saul.
    But now there's a break. But he stays loyal to his old bromances.
    I think it's because the others are either dead, or far away....and not close to shatter the mystical spell with a dose of their reality.
    Everything is pure and clean in books and in movies....distances makes all ideal.
    I think if he had met Nietzsche, or that other guy he's stuck on, the Commander from KillDevilHill, he may have broken free.

I have no 'beef' with him. He's done nothing to merit it. Nothing more than boys and their egos, competing over who is the coolest kid on the playground.
    I find his buddy's psychotic narcissism annoying....but mostly I do not care. More funny than anything else. A case to study: how cults begin.
    Actually, I like Ollie, but I think I scare him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content