The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Pathos of Distance

THIS IS AN ANNOYING LOG-IN POP UP JUST FOR YOU

The Pathos of Distance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pathos of Distance

- Agile Minds in Perpetuum -

+6
Zero_Sum
Satyr
Barracuda
Zoot Allures
Mitra-Sauwelios
encode_decode
10 posters

Ahem.......

Z13

Ahem....... - Page 5 Empty Re: Ahem.......

Post by Z13 Thu May 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Have the 'adults' finished discussing 'philosophy'?

Yes I have. You may proceed.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Thu May 17, 2018 4:22 pm

Well, there's only a few true 'adults' on this forum, so I have to wait until you are all done.
    An adult needs a lot of flattery, and reinforcing words....not like children.  
    They are always more tolerant of people when they are supportive, and when they are praising them, rather than insulting and challenging their perception of themselves...particularly when its all a pretence and a lie - fake, theoretical.  

Also, a not so well-known fact...adults discuss important things, like spirits, and the occult...superposition, like Scientology, or astrology.....and if they are truly mature they never, ever, say anything without deferring and referring to text.
    You have to be really adult to never speak using your own words.
    Also, charm....adults have no charm - they are dull....serious. Like wet-blankets.
    No, not woman adults, but real manly man adults. They never speak their own minds...they always speak another's mind....that's what a true adult man does.
    They did it in ancient agoras...gathering to speak about what someone else said about life and existence.

"Hey, did you hear what Anaskelos said about the nature of life?"
    "No!!!, Do tell!!!"

And, being vague and nonsensical, also adds to your adult essence.
    You want to be as flowery and poetic as possible...so that you can deny what others may glean from you speaking - plausible deniability.  
    Never, be direct and clear.
    Always prose, and idealistic imagery....like real men.

Also...getting high is real mature.
    You know, if you are doing drugs after 30, it means you've grown up.
    Also...not understanding how you appear to others, when you do stupid shit....like banning someone, who does not give a shit about being banned, and then gloating...is another sign of maturity.

All that book-leaning and this basic thing escaping your attention, is adult thinking.
    Quoting and referring and deferring, pretending to be someone other than what you are, and then reverting to your idiocy, exposing your true nature, when there's no text to hide behind...is also very adult.
    Adult by association.

Street-smarts versus book-smarts.
    Noetic....phenomenal.
    These adults become living representations of my theories...and that's why I luv 'em.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Fri May 18, 2018 9:07 am

Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Fri May 18, 2018 9:24 am

In the sharing, the cracks in the facades are exposed.
    for example...the wide genius exposes his 'judgment' when he writes a judgment call and then erases it....thinking, hoping, it has not been seen.

In conversations the masks drop....because one cannot maintain a lie for long, and distance is only good for so long, helping to construct an image and prolong its serviceability.

I agree with the basis of your analysis.
    My audience is not only those who are present....those I know who they are and what they are about.
    I use the ones present to address the ones who read, watch, but remain silent.
    This is why I repeat myself. Ideas get buried in forums, under mountains of words.
    I try to repeat myself in new ways...because a shared world can be described using multiple symbols/words, and only lies are word-specific....placing emphasis on one or a few specific magical words.

What I sometimes try to do is get behind the masks....and to do this you need passion to drop the reasoned pretenses, exposing the real man/woman wearing them, appearing as something and someone they are not.
    The world is changing, but not at rates to justify a new philosophy every generation.
    What could be said, has been already said...and now we are updating them to fit into our modern world.
    Basically we are producing product, using psychology to sell it.
    We are updating past wisdom, and applying it in current circumstances.

I study psychology.
    So, forums are perfect for studying the way different ideas express themselves through different psychologies.
    Like how editing out one word, exposes something the poster wanted to hide, but mistakenly exposed...
    The rest is about repackaging and renaming brands that have worked in the past.
    The mind covets...the effect, the impact....and this it calls power.

World has become humanity, and power is associated with affect on humanity.
    This is psychology, expressed as mysticism, politics, prose...art.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Fri May 18, 2018 9:28 am

Barracuda
    Barracuda

Post by Barracuda Fri May 18, 2018 9:33 am

Politely,
    I don't think you can actually formulate a point of disagreement to VO. Take this short rendering.

You can make the claim that you disagree, but only by omitting these premises you supposedly disagree with.
    It is no coincidence that you use my example as it is no coincidence that satyr never talks about anyone else he disagrees with.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Fri May 18, 2018 9:34 am

Like I said elsewhere...where do you go from there?
    Agreement leads to an end.
    Then we can chit-chat.
    Disagreement does nothing, if one or both sides is settled and has intevested effort and time on his 'philosophy', even if it is deluded.
    Belief acts as a shield, a shelter.
    It is a matter of survival.
    How to cope with world, without this invested method, becomes a life/death situation.

There is a way of testing this.
    How does a philosophy refer to reality?

If a man drinks his own urine, and I offer an explanation, that contradicts his own which claims it is golden, invigorating, a new way of seeing hydration, then the analysis is validated by the reader, not only I, with his own experience with world.
    When someone bans me, for no reason at all, other than I burst his pseudo-intellectual bubble, when others do far worse and are not banned, then I can analyze the reasons...and my analysis can be validated, in due time.....by others.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Fri May 18, 2018 9:38 am

The most popular disease gets the attention.
    One ignores a flu....one focuses on cancer.

A brain tumour grows, until removing it compromises the brain it has corrupted.
    It affects the behaviour of the diseased....and nobody can ignore a stumbling, mumbling zombie.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Fri May 18, 2018 9:41 am

Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Fri May 18, 2018 9:48 am

Consider how obnoxiously loud an insane person can be.
    You can turn away, but insanity is contagious.
    In this shrinking world how much space is left to leave the crazies behind?
    In time they will flood the world with craziness.
    You cannot escape them in India or Central America. You have to confront this insanity.

One is threatened by a world that is 'too much for him to bear' the other is burden by a world that is 'far too less than what he expected, or needs to endure the price'.

I am not saying the reasons I post, is the entire story.
    There is far more.
    But I decided to be more Laconic, as i was born a Spartan and raised to think as an Athenian.
    There is far more to explore in why one thinks the way he thinks, or how he justifies the absurdities he presents as 'new' and 'rebellious'.
    I usually focus on the one who is making the loudest noise...in the past it was Christians.
    Now they are quiet...giving way to post-modernist Marxist, and messianic psychosis.

I want to discipline language to the real...the ideal tied to the real.
    If we do not, then insanity follows, and seduction is how we determine what is more and what is less likely.

Nihilist is a broad term.....and it has a multitude of variants...because there is one reality but many delusions, reactions to it.
    I classify a nihilist by the way he uses symbols/words.
    He usually exposes himself by his narcissism....his conviction that words can create and destroy the real...and not simply refer to it. .

Last edited by Satyr on Fri May 18, 2018 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Fri May 18, 2018 9:56 am

Parody can be a more effective tool...and so I limit my 'adult' philosophizing here where I can explore how redefining words can pretend to be new when it is a repackaging of what is old.
    Validating and justifying an idea, after-the-fact, is Top<>Down emoting.
    It is now taking over.

Repackaging Christianity, Marxism, is the new thing.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Fri May 18, 2018 10:11 am

Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Fri May 18, 2018 10:14 am

See....even you fall into patterns.
    Laughing at the world is the only sane response.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Fri May 18, 2018 10:28 am

C'mon man... sing it with me. Don't be shy.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Fri May 18, 2018 10:30 am

Trust me, I'm not.
    I break out in song often.
    I am looking forward to visiting Greece, this summer.
    I've spent many a night under the Mediterranean stars, drinking fine Greek wine and singing with some friends.
    Haven't been there since 2004.

Put two or more Greeks together...and a dance will break out.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Fri May 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Fri May 18, 2018 2:39 pm

Shit, you're challenging my vocal abilities.
    I can carry a tune, but I do not have the pipes for the high notes.
    I sing anything with substance.
    Greek, English, french, a few Hebrew chants...hey, did you know that the reason terrorists attack the US is because they envy their freedoms?
    True story.
    Emotional reasoning, requires an emotional reason....to rescue our own culpability and retain our 'innocent' victimhood.

Like, I know I am banned because they are jealous of my voice.
    Sure, like you said, it's a self-affirming prophesy...I insult people, I am banned, I blame them for my behaviour, it reinforces my opinions of them.

Greeks are the only people I know who dance, to depressing songs....their dances are death lamentations, and rejoicing at one's own defeat and death.

Here's one of my favourites, with an explanation....
    It's a very Dionysian tune.
    Satyr
    Satyr

Post by Satyr Fri May 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Dear Brian....this is why I love forums.
    In between high-minded pretty words, intellectualizing, romantic idealizing, infantile self-praising self-deceit, and posturing, the real face of degeneracy peeks through the cracks.
    What is reading Nietzsche, and posting pretty prose worth when push comes to shove, you revert back to base, mindless bragging, feminine 'reasoning', and emoting?
    If all you can admit is that you are so genius that others criticize because they envy, then then what a lessons we've all learned from reading book upon book....and can only quote, and imply.

Like a boy who goes to a Karate school for 3 years begins to believe he is a martial arts expert...but when he is forced to fight, he reverts to pulling hair, and scratching eyes.
    Then you quote Bruce Lee, and post text on the spirituality of the eastern martial arts.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sat May 19, 2018 12:57 pm

Z13

Post by Z13 Sat May 19, 2018 12:58 pm

Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum

Location : United States- Financial And Commercial Corporate Feudal Oligarchic Empire/Gulag Of Wallstreet

Post by Zero_Sum Sat May 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Zoots Allures wrote:lolz!!!

check this out. i heard from the builder in charge of the governor's mansion job i was recently fired from, today.

he tells me it was the governor's personal decision to have me removed from the premises. now why would he decide to do that, we wonder. it couldn't be because the laws don't permit me to be there; i am only unpermitted to be in places primarily used and occupied by minors. certainly this is not what the governor's mansion is for.

so then we can be sure of one thing at this point: that the governor doesn't follow his own laws. if he did, would not have had me removed.

so what could it be? you guessed it (but there is a neat irony here). bad publicity. what would that say about a govenor who allowed a sex offender to do work on his mansion? but wait a minute... he's a democrat! i thought democrats were sympathetic to all the bad guys.

apparantly that too is a charade.

so we have a wrongfully convicted sex offender who is fired by a state governor who doesn't follow his own laws, so that he doesn't have to maintain the fascade that he is sympathetic to sex offenders... something he only does while on camera. meanwhile, the sex offender is struggling to find a job in a society where nobody will hire him so he can pay the outrageous fees for the probation and therapy he shouldn't be on, so that he can receive treatment for a problem he doesn't have.

i fucking love this country, because it gives me a reason to be criminal, and enjoy it.

Just remember that the last time you went on a spree got you into prison. Don't end up in prison again.

Also, there is no doing your time and being done. Once a felon always a felon through their eyes.

I can sympathize with your plight because I live through it everyday myself. In the eyes of the United States they don't care about felons and once convicted of anything you're practically convicted for life. It's a life sentence whether it is in prison or on the outside.

Expungement is such a costly process also and takes a long time to be implemented, intentional of course on their part.
    Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum

Location : United States- Financial And Commercial Corporate Feudal Oligarchic Empire/Gulag Of Wallstreet

Post by Zero_Sum Sat May 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Zoots Allures wrote:during my hiatus i joined a satanist site just for the HELL of it. and let me tell you, what a bunch of uneventful ass rangers these satanists are. everyday there's like thirty of them at the forum but nobody ever says a word unless they're asking for advice on how to case a spell. alright, i'll attack LaVey then. that oughta draw them out. still nothing. so i'm running around the threads trying to find something remotely philosophical to talk about. i see nietzsche's name dropped a few times and i jump in. try to beef it up, you know? no replies. eventually i'm banned after getting two threads locked. what a bunch of assholes. i'd have greater freedom of expression if i joined a baptist church somewhere. promise me you won't ever become a satanist, saully. a lobotomy would be much more edifying.

Satanists? My how the once mighty has fallen. You need a better company of people buddy. I'm surprised you wasted your time with those bunch of idiots.
    Z13

Post by Z13 Sat May 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Z13

Post by Z13 Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum

Post by Zero_Sum Sat May 19, 2018 2:48 pm

Good to hear your voice mate. I was merely saying that I am a felon also where I am barred from a majority of the workforce as well. My crime was an accidental one and minor by comparison of course but nonetheless even amid all of that it is like a life sentence concerning access to good employment. I didn't even intentionally try to commit an infraction and was charged anyways. Our current society run by idiots, morons, and traitors will never sympathize with the plight of people like you or me. The current system will only change with its demise.

The solution to this society is its complete destruction.

Of course prison labor is very profitable besides outsourcing jobs to foreign lands which is why reforms of prisons or those criminally convicted will never occur.

I currently have job security only because where I work at is so miserable in atmosphere, pays little, and nobody wants to work there.  It's like I am being punished even after all these years after my conviction.  It sucks but it is what it is.

Can't stress enough how I hate my current job.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:35 am